Illegal dumping leads to several serious problems for the community and wider environment. Not only does illegal dumping lead to land, water, soil and air pollution, but the toxicity of chemicals and non-biodegradable materials can leach into waterways and contaminate groundwater and soil. Furthermore, illegal dumps have been shown to reduce property value, and cause negative effects to tourism businesses, and the economy in general.
Of course, illegally dumped materials can also pose serious health risks for those who live nearby. Illegal dumps may contain toxic substances, sharp objects, human waste, contaminated medical waste, asbestos and tires, just to mention a few of the potential dangers. Lastly, illegal dumps cost high amounts of taxpayer money as local and state governments have to spend public funds to clean up the mess brought about by illegally dumped waste.
One of the biggest problems affecting Albuquerque and the state of New Mexico in general is illegal dumping. In this short article, we briefly outline the problem of illegal dumping in Albuquerque and explain how Junk King Albuquerque can help individuals, homeowners, businesses, and the city in general help clean up this problem and help our customers quickly and efficiently clear out clutter and junk from their home.
The Problem of Illegal Dumping in Albuquerque
Despite an enormous effort to try and curb the issue of illegal dumping, the City of Albuquerque continues to suffer from this issue. Across the state of New Mexico, the litter problem has become chronic, according to one local expert. Many city´s spend an enormous amount of time, money, and human resources picking up litter, just to have it be trashed again by the next day.
In Albuquerque, a group of partners who formed the Illegal Dumping Partnership clean up more than 1,250 tons of junk and trash annually from public spaces. Despite these efforts, the amount of trash showing up in abandoned lots, city parks, natural areas, and parking lots continues to rise. Some of the most common junk items that are illegally dumped around the city include construction and demolition waste, abandoned automobiles, auto parts and scrap tires, appliances, furniture, yard waste, household trash, and more.
According to one recent news report, “Trash is piling up along interstates around Albuquerque, and the state and the New Mexico Department of Transportation say its crews can’t keep up with it. Along the interstates and below overpasses, there’s more and more litter lining the roads. Now, local officials are launching campaigns to help clean up the trash along areas like I-25, I-40, and Paseo del Norte.”
Though there are many reasons for illegal dumping, one reason that may be driving residents of Albuquerque to dump their trash illegally is the extra costs associated with this type of trash pickup. The City of Albuquerque states that “commercial customers must pay $59.31 (for bulky item pickup)…Additional charges will apply if service requires additional staff time and equipment…There is an $8.87 fee to collect extra residential trash and a $9.04 fee to collect extra recycling.”
Why Hire Junk King Albuquerque for your Junk Removal Needs
Dealing with the illegal dumping problem in Albuquerque will require an enormous change in education amongst the population. However, offering residents, individuals, homeowners, and business owners of Albuquerque an easy and straightforward way to get rid of their extra junk is another solution to the problem. In many cases, people may need to get rid of large bulky junk items or just clean out and declutter their house in a quick and efficient way. Having to schedule an extra pickup or wait for a regular trash service day can be a real headache.
With Junk King Albuquerque, we can help you get rid of almost every type of junk item in a timely and cost effective manner. We can handle most ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, except hazardous waste.
Examples of junk we haul away include:
- • Furniture Removal
- • Television Disposal & Recycling
- • Yard Waste Removal
- • Foreclosure Clean Outs
- • Appliance Removal
- • Hot Tub Disposal
- • E-Waste Disposal
- • Trash Removal
- • Mattress Disposal
- • Refrigerator Disposal & Recycling
- • Construction Waste Removal
- • Garbage Removal
- • And more!
Junk King Albuquerque also offers the best customer service on the market. When you hire us for all of your junk removal needs, our teams will do all of the heavy lifting and hauling. Simply let us know what junk items you need removed and we will do the rest. Furthermore, we understand that getting rid of unwanted junk is often an urgent issue for both our commercial and residential clients. When you call us, we may very well help you get rid of junk items on the same day you call us!
At Junk King, we are proud to be the “greenest” junk removal team in the area. After years of operation, we have developed a huge network of relationships with recycling centers, thrift stores, charities, donation centers, and others who help us avoid sending your junk directly to the local landfill. At least 60 percent of all the junk items we pick up are diverted from the landfill.
How to Hire Junk King Albuquerque
We are also proud to say that we are one of the few junk removal companies to provide our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing. We offer all of our residential and commercial four different ways to get a free estimate:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price is agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of the abandoned items on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you’d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at l 888-888-JUNK. Our customer service representatives can offer you a pricing estimate.
- Text us a Photo: We can often provide an estimate based on a photo. Simply take a photo of the items you need hauled away and text us those photos at 737-888-5865. We will text you back with a ballpark estimate. A final price will be price will be provided once we see the items in person.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in the right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the type and size of the junk items that you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what type of junk items you have laying around your home or business, we are here to help you efficiently and easily free up space in your homes with the best junk removal service around. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99.