It doesn’t take much to slow down the city. We’re talking about bad weather. The most recent winter storm that blew through Atlanta just after the first of the year had many city services scrambling to keep up. Among the hardest hit was the Department of Public Works. Here is the email blast that went out to the customers: “We sent a notice of delay out on yesterday to advise that due to inclement weather, pick-up services for household garbage and yard trimmings are delayed for the remainder of the week.” This kind of delay can actually lead to a ripple effect. If you have to stuff your cans with two weeks of garbage, then the chances of them overflowing and spilling into the street increases.
Is it time to throw out the old Fridge? Junk King Atlanta would be happy to come remove your old refrigerator or freezer! Expect a good price, excellent service, and we will recycle it for you. But first, let’s make sure the old fridge really is broken. Follow these five simple steps:
1. Check the plug and circuit box to make sure your fridge is getting power.
2. Check the thermostat to make sure you didn’t accidentally bump it into the off position.
3. Make sure the vents in the back of the fridge or freezer aren’t blocked.
4. Ensure your condenser coils—at the back of, or underneath your fridge—are clean. You can use a coil brush or a vacuum to clean the coils.
5. Ensure that the condenser fan spins freely. If your condenser coils are on the back of your fridge, you won’t have a fan.
If the fan doesn’t turn, unplug fridge try to clean the fan blades. Then plug in the fridge and watch to make sure that the fan spins when the compressor turns on. If the fan doesn’t spin, you need to replace it. The parts run from $7 to $30 for most models.
If the fridge is dead, you’ll need a new one. Some stores provide free delivery and haul away—score! If the store tells you the haul-away fee is greater than $89, then you owe it to yourself to call Junk King Atlanta for a free estimate. Call Junk King Atlanta at 1-888-JUNK(5865) or book online at www.junk-king.com
Today Junk King Atlanta did a construction debris removal including wood, drywall, insulation, and shingles. At this particular job, we are working for a contractor where we do job site clean-up on a regular basis. At another job today we hauled away yard waste, furniture, mattresses, box springs, and firewood. The firewood we picked up today will be recycled along with the yard waste at the green landfill to be chipped and reused. The furniture, mattresses, and box springs were donated to Helping Hands of Cumming, Georgia.
- To offer you an estimate in writing
- To beat any written estimate
- The best service in our industry