April arrives with the age old desire to deep clean the house. Spring cleaning is a tradition worth keeping around – after all, our homes could always use some extra love. However, for today’s family, making the time to spring clean can be daunting and exhausting. Junk King Austin understand the needs of busy families. We’ve put together a list of easy spring cleaning tips to help even the busiest homeowners to take part in the tradition.
1. Carpet Refresh - To freshen up your carpets, move your furniture out of the way, vacuum the floor as usual, and then sprinkle baking soda liberally onto the carpets, making sure to cover the entire area. Let it sit as long as possible before vacuuming it up. The longer it sits, the more odors from feet, pets, and food the baking soda can absorb. However, even if you need to vacuum it up immediately, the baking soda will still refresh your carpet.
2. Curtain Love - Cleaning the curtains can make your windows seem brighter and more cheerful. There are spray-on products designed to clean the curtains before steaming them, but in the absence of cleaner, steam them! Work from the bottom to the top (steam rises), and unless your curtains are very thick you’ll only need to do one side.
3. Sun Your Pillows and Cushions - This easy spring cleaning trick takes almost no time, but can only be done on a sunny day with no chance of rain. Did you know that sunlight kills dust mites? Revitalize your pillows and cushions by stripping them and leaving them out in the sun. Give them at least an hour in full sun on each side before bringing them inside and redressing them. This can also work for duvets hung out on a line.
4. Quick Mattress Clean - Next time you strip the bed, sprinkle baking soda evenly across the mattress. Let it sit as long as possible to absorb odors, oils, and dirt before vacuuming it up.
5. Let Someone Else Do Your Heavy Lifting - Junk King Austin loves to help with spring cleaning. If you have unwanted furniture, large “junk” items, broken appliances, or anything heavy you want removed, getting rid of it is just a phone call away. You don’t even have to break a sweat to give your home some TLC.
Junk King can turn easy spring cleaning into the easiest spring cleaning ever. Just point and we will haul it off: indoors, outdoors, hot tubs, deck removals, boxes, garage clean outs, office spaces, storage units, unwanted furniture, yard waste, concrete, and more. Always environmentally conscious, Junk King donates or recycles up to 60% of what we collect. Give us a call today or book online for your free estimate!