February has become synonymous with the season of love. This year, don’t forget to love your house! We spend every day in our homes, and often forget how much difference can be made in small changes. A little improvement here and there can make us feel refreshed in our most comfortable space. This February, Junk King Austin offers some tips for showing love to your house.
- Quick Fixes – How often do we put off simple tasks simply because we can’t be bothered in the moment? Take an hour out of your weekend and take care of some of those quick fixes you’ve been avoiding – your house will thank you!
- Wipe Down the Walls – Especially if you have pets or children, a quick wipe down of the walls can make your home feel brighter and cleaner. From spills to cooking splatter, our walls can collect more than we realize. Use a wet rag and gently wipe away forgotten messes.
- Fresh Paint – A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference! Love your house by freshening up the paint on your door frames, mailbox, or baseboards. Even a small area will yield feelings of improvement.
- Dust Hard to Reach Places – From light fixtures to high shelves, every home has hard to reach places. Unfortunately, the dust (and spiders!) seem to have far less trouble reaching those spaces. Clean away the cobwebs and remove the dust; you might be surprised how much a 10 minute cleaning job will change the feel of the room.
- Upgrade the Linens – No one likes to use old towels or sheets worn thin from years of washing, yet we often don’t notice the passing of time on our own linens. Assess your towels and bedclothes. Is it time for an upgrade?
- Replace the Bulbs – Do you have any burned out bulbs? Unless it’s the last bulb in the fixture or the prominent light in a room, it can be easy to ignore a burned out bulb. Light bulbs are an important part of the home. This quick fix will literally leave your home brighter!
- Reassign Clutter-Catchers – We all have spots in our homes that seem to collect clutter. Sometimes it’s a desk or a portion of the kitchen counter. Love your house by stopping the clutter-catching cycle! Repurpose the clutter-catching space. If it’s a counter, turn it into a drink station. If it’s a desk, add a lamp or a set of in-boxes. Whatever the space, assess what else it could be used as. Redefining the area will help you resist the temptation to set things down there.
- Ditch the Clutter – Did you know you don’t even have to remove your own clutter? Junk King can come to your house, storage shed, garden, or office space and will go through it with you – room by room – to remove the clutter. You don’t have to move a single box! Junk King Austin wants to help you love your house this year. Give us a call or book online to get rid of that unwanted clutter.
Clutter isn’t the only thing Junk King removes. We can remove anything – big or small – but hazardous waste. We can take apart decks, and haul away furniture or large appliances. We can take away construction waste, clean out garages or storage spaces, remove hot tubs, and even handle yard waste such as branches, fountains, or stone. Junk King Austin also recycles up to 80% of what we collect. Give us a call or book online today to get your free estimate.