Ever since humans first crawled out of a cave and into a thatched hut, they have been finding ways to improve their home décor. Perhaps that is stretching the analogy a bit, but our homes are a reflection of our personalities. You can tell a lot about a person by the décor in their home. If they are world travelers then there might be plenty of artifacts brought back from faraway places. If they are a bit fastidious then there won’t be a throw pillow out of place. And you’ll certainly be able to tell when a baby has come into a home; they have a way of taking over! If you are looking for ways to improve your own home décor in Oakland consider these five tips:
- More Photographs: With all the new handheld devices, taking pictures has never been easier but that shouldn’t mean you stop printing out those pictures and hanging them up. Hanging photos of friends and special events gives any home a warm and cozy feeling. You can improve the décor by picking out distinctive frames and placing them in unique patterns along a wall or hallway. You might even want to dig into the old scrapbooks and see what family photos could be hung up to put a smile on everyone’s face.
- Add Accents: Minimalism is a style that calls for reducing furnishings to the bare essentials. That’s look that many folks find pleasing. However, going too minimalistic could present a cold atmosphere. A few well placed accents like pillows, throws, or small sculptures can be just what a room needs to elevate its personality.
- Consider Mirrors: Adding mirrors to any wall can give the illusion of creating more space. Just as with your photographs, you can also add a touch of flair to those mirrors by placing them within decorative frames. These can either be classic antiques or custom frames that blend in with the rest of your décor.
- Fresh Paint: It’s amazing how something as simple as a fresh coat of paint can uplift any room and turn it from dull to vibrant in a snap. As long as you’re considering a fresh paint job you might decide to go bold with your choice of color. There is no need to stick with white walls (unless that is your thing). Do yourself a favor and spend some time considering the possibilities of paint choices as your local paint store. You’ll be amazed at all the choices you have.
- Clear Out the Clutter: Finally, a positive way to improve your home décor is to make sure your home is free of clutter. This can easily be accomplished by calling upon the professional services of a dedicated team of junk haulers like Junk King Alameda. This crew can show up on the schedule day and take away all you unwanted furniture, rugs, boxes and other debris you’ve accumulated over the years. Once that clutter is gone, you’ll finally be free to turn your home into the kind of space you’ve always wanted it to be.