The Basics of Junk Removal in Atlanta
Everyone at some point in their life will need assistance from professional removal services like Junk King. Whether it be an estate cleanout or cleaning up your property after a storm, Junk King is there to provide you with solutions for all of your junk and trash removal needs. Before getting started, it would be helpful to know the basics of junk removal in the Atlanta area:
- The City of Atlanta has a bulk trash collection service. Residents are limited to 12 bulk item pick-ups per year without additional fees. However, there are multiple restrictions that come with this availability.
- There are numerous ways to get rid of your junk and trash, you will eventually find the perfect service for your needs. There are countless junk removal teams ready to assist you with anything you might need in terms of removals and hauling. This means that there are also a lot of different approaches to getting the job done.
- Weekly collections: most residents have subscriptions to weekly trash collecting, this is the most popular way to get rid of almost all trash.
- Bulk item pick-ups: bulk item pick-ups are some of the best services that any collection group can offer. They are used to remove large quantities of same-or-similar-material. Collection groups may even offer to take bulk items at a discounted cost.
- Full-service options: some junk hauling services in Atlanta will offer full-service. This is when a vehicle for the removal is given, as well as a professional removal crew. The client then only has to point and the junk is lifted and taken away by the crew.
- Self-service options: some trash removal services in Atlanta offer self-service. This is the traditional option, where a roll-away rental dumpster is given to the client for multiple days. During that time the renters fill it and at the end of the contract, the dumpster is collected.
- Other options: some junk hauling and trash removal services in Atlanta offer other services as well. These can consist of both special residential services and full-scale commercial services, including weekly pick-up options and unique payment plans.
Trash vs. Rubbish vs. Junk
When you see the words ‘trash’, ‘rubbish’, and ‘junk’ what comes to mind? Hopefully, something different comes up for each word. Colloquially ‘trash’ tends to call up pictures of used coffee cups, plastic soda ring holders, and a variety of water-floating plastics. Meanwhile, ‘rubbish’ will likely be pictured as a more or less ‘grey’ type of trash. A pile of something, partially decomposed and somewhat soggy; ’rubbish’ tends to mean ‘trash’ but somehow indicates a more questionable substance than what can confidently be called ‘trash’. Conversely, ‘junk’ means nothing similar to the prior two, unless its meaning is signified to be in reference to ‘trash’ specifically. Thus, when someone says ‘junk’ without a reference to ‘trash’ or ‘garbage’, it’s usually assumed that the someone is talking about items that are in some way in disrepair, broken, or valueless—it does not, however, indicate something with ’soiling’, as that would be indicative of something being not even ‘trash’ but ‘rubbish’.
Discard trash, discard rubbish, and dispose of junk with Junk King North Atlanta. No matter what your junk and trash needs are, Junk King is there to help. Every haul that Junk King completes results in at least 65% of the haul being broken down and shipped away to various recycling facilities—so when you choose to move with Junk King, you’ve also chosen to work with the greenest junk removal service in North America.
How to Go Green in the City of Atlanta by Recycling and Reusing!
If you’ve ever Googled ‘recycling centers near me’ or ‘local to me’, you know that there are a few different options that can be used to improve your waste footprint. Likely, some of the results were further searches, suggesting ‘community gardening near me’, ‘reuse store near me’, or even a ‘junk recycling service near me’.
For those who live in Atlanta, one of the easiest ways to go green is to utilize a professional removal service like Junk King. Junk King works differently than its competition—it was founded with the idea that junk hauling could be done in sustainable and renewable ways. This is why Junk King is noted as being the greenest removal service in North America; over 65% of every haul they make is broken down and recycled or shipped away to the proper recycling facility.
Alternatively, you can also choose to go green by working with private sanitation services (see also “waste management”). These private services are usually weekly collection groups, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have options for recycling. There are two types of weekly collection services in Atlanta, the first is a single-stream waste option. This is when both recyclable materials and non-recyclables are put into the same trash bins. From here, the collection service takes it to a facility to be sorted out, and the soiled items are taken to the landfill. The second waste option is duel-stream; this is when there are two bins used by the owner. One is only for recyclables, while the other is only for non-recyclables. This manner of collection is easier on the facilities, but it does take a few extra seconds of management for the homeowner.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional for Your Next Junk Removal Project
There are many benefits attached to hiring professionals for your next removal project. Some of these benefits include:
- You don’t lift a finger; professional removal services like Junk King are more than excited to take care of all your removal needs—including lifting everything for you.
- You know that your junk is being recycled; not all services have the time or ability to recycle, at least when you choose Junk King you know that everything that can be recycled, is being recycled.
- We work on your schedule; this means that you can choose the best times for our services. Better yet, our drivers will call you 15-20 minutes before our arrival, and we always stay within our two-hour window—so you can get back to life faster.
- You save more money with professionals in comparison with other alternatives; you’ll never find a better deal than what Junk King offers, and if you do—get a written estimate and we’ll beat it. The cost of junk removal should never be an issue, and Junk King provides clear and honest prices for that reason. For example, our dumpster rental cost is lower than our competition while still providing more space for your junk.
- It’s also safer for you and your family/employees; we love junk hauling, but it can be a dangerous job. Sometimes we work in hazardous conditions, other times we may find ourselves digging through a dumpster looking for a lost item. Unless you are professionally trained, it’s a safe bet that we can do your entire removal safe removal methods and in a fraction of the time.
Items Junk King Takes
One of the things that Junk King is known for in the removal industry is our ability to remove and recycle just about anything you can own (stopping just short of hazardous wastes and materials). Junk King is able to offer a large variety of acceptance because we’re able to commit the time and energy that is required to be able to remove large objects. For example, not all removal services are able to accept mattresses or refrigerators due to the complications that arise from breaking them down. Junk King is able to accept both of these, and also break them down into their most simple parts in order to be recycled at the proper facility.
Other items we take include furniture and real estate cleanouts; e-waste, yard waste, construction debris removal, trash, garbage, and even large specialty removals like appliances, hot tubs, mattresses, and even the demolition and removal of structures not attached to residential homes or commercial buildings. Additionally, Junk King also offers commercial services and will accept equipment, office furnishings, department store junk, and anything else non-hazardous. As a reviewer noted in an online review in 2022: Junk King will remove just about anything.
Remember, when you choose to move with Junk King, removing and disposing of your junk is as simple as 1, 2, 3—just point and the junk is gone. Call or contact us today to get a truck or MINI dumpster as early as tomorrow.
- Call us at (706) 247-7513 to speak with a world-class customer representative. While on the phone, ask for a ball-park quote to receive one immediately, or ask to schedule an in-person assessment at your property. An in-person assessment will give you the benefit of having a written quote at the end of the assessment.
- Text us photos of your junk to (737) 888-5865 to receive a ball-park quote back over text.
- Or, stay online and reap the most immediate benefits. Explore our custom-made pricing calculator and see what sort of ball-park quotes you can generate. At the end of the wizard, you can even schedule your drop-off or rental days. Additionally, orders placed online that are over $99, are eligible to receive a $20 discount at the end of the process.