Cleaning a house in preparation for selling it is a necessary part of the sales process. A home that is dirty or cluttered will seem small and overcrowded. Junk-King Austin has some tips for those preparing a house to go on the market.
- Start in the storage spaces of the house – the basement, garage, and attic. These areas can oftentimes be improved quickly and the momentum gained from those spaces can help you move through the rest of the house.
- If you are a Realtor with a house that needs to be cleaned out, Junk-King Austin offers you a 10% discount on our already low prices!
- The dining room, kitchen, living room, and bathrooms are the areas that receive the most attention from potential buyers. Make sure to focus heavily on those rooms.
- The kitchen and bathrooms are the spaces where lack of cleaning and care is most obvious. Be careful when cleaning these rooms, making sure none of the cleaners are too harsh or abrasive for the surfaces.
- When cleaning, always move from top to bottom and from left to right. This method increases the chances of noticing dirt that is often missed.
- Make sure to clean the walls, especially if painting is not in the budget.
- Focus on mold and mildew, attacking affected areas with bleach.
If you need help cleaning a house for sale by getting rid of clutter, unwanted furniture, or large appliances, Junk-King Austin will save you time and effort. Give us a call or book online today!