No one likes to move, but it is something we must all do at least a couple of times in our life. The task of moving can easily seem overwhelming, chaotic, and stressful. Junk King Austin is here to help with tips to make moving easier:
- It’s a good idea to begin collecting boxes and other packing materials as soon as you know that you are going to move. Boxes, Sharpie markers, packing tape, plastic wrap for furniture, bubble wrap, and packing paper are all great things to have before you begin packing.
- Be sure to clearly label each box with what room it goes in and what is inside.
- Plan ahead for which items you will need immediately upon your arrival at your new house, which items you can do without for a few weeks, and which items you should setup before moving in.
- Moving into a suitcase the last few days before you move makes finding are essential personal items easy.
- The first time you go into your new house when the previous tenants have left, you may be surprised by how much cleaning needs to be done. Make sure to go by the house before your movers arrive, armed with an arsenal of cleaning supplies.
- Another good idea is to walk through your new home beforehand and envision where all the boxes will go. You want to make sure that you’ll have enough room to work around the boxes for unpacking, putting away items, and carrying items from room to room around the piles of boxes still waiting.
- Considered dismantling larger pieces of furniture to make them easier to move. It may take you more time to set up the furniture in the new house than to simply set it down, but it will save you a lot of space and will make carrying the furniture out of the old house and into the new house much easier.
- If you are purchasing new furniture for your new house, make sure to order it well in advance as it can take several weeks for furniture to arrive.
- As tempting as it may be to run out and buy a lot of new items for your new house, make yourself wait. Your decorating ideas may go in a new direction once you have moved in.
- Above all, be sure to take care of yourself. Moving can be very stressful. Have a friend keep any pets or children on the moving day so that you can focus better on your task. Also consider buying takeout food for the day that you move in, as you will likely not feel like cooking and most of your kitchen things will be in boxes.
Junk King Austin is always ready to help. We clean out and haul away literally anything and everything but hazardous waste. If you find that the previous owners left behind a mess, Junk King Austin can come by and clean up anything from cluttered attics, forgotten sheds, messy garages, and any old appliances left behind. Far from limited to simply moving jobs, we can clean out any building, home, office, and even outdoor spaces. Call us today for a free estimate 512-994-2250, or book online.