A new year has begun, offering us all a fresh start. Regardless of whether or not you believe in New Year’s Resolutions, this is the perfect time of year to get everything in order. A January cleanse for your home is an ideal way to refresh your living space. This year, think of what areas of your house are often overlooked during your routine clean outs. To help you get the year off to a great start, Junk King Austin has compiled a list of the more forgotten areas of your home to consider during your January cleanse:
- The Big Things – Do you have any broken appliances taking up space? How about outdated furniture? Now is the time to assess the big things in you home and mark them for the chopping block.
- Look Out – Look outside, that is. Hot tubs, mowers, lawn furniture, decks, and fountains – everything outside your home should be considered. Is is all in working order? Should any of it be removed?
- The Pantry – When was the last time you went through all of your cans of food? Food has a way of sitting quietly on the shelf, complete unobtrusive and out of date. Don’t forget your baking cabinet!
- Medicines – No one likes to open a bandaid and find that the adhesive is less than sticky. Go through your medicine cabinet and check the dates. This area of the home is rarely addressed, and the consequences of taking old medicine can be severe!
- Extra Clothes – Sure. your ski trip 10 years ago was awesome, but are you really going to go back? Does it even still fit? Be honest with yourself as you tackle your formal wear, winter clothes, and other seasonal, seldom-worn pieces.
- Craft Closet – It’s all rainbows and glitter until it’s time to get organized. Do you need all that yarn? Is that glue even still liquid? Are you ever going to finish that project?
- Linens – Look through your towels and extra sheets. It’s great to have additional linens on hand, but it’s easy to forget to discard the threadbare sheets and ragged towels.
- Paper – Do you keep old magazines? Do you have a stack of mail? Be brave and sort through it. There’s no use keeping it around if you’ll never look at it again. While you’re at it, make a list of publications and mailers than can be received over the internet. Going paperless has never been more convenient.
- Bathroom – Collecting perfumes, lotions, body scrubs, and tubes of mascara is the fun part, but do you actually use them? Go through your cosmetics and bathroom items. Anything you don’t want, add to a pile. Host a girl’s-night-in-spa-night, and invite your guests to take home the items they try.
- Fantasy Emergencies – We all have items we’ve been holding onto ‘just in case’. Well, it’s time to face the music. If you haven’t used it yet, you probably won’t.
Junk King Austin is always ready to help you take back control of your home. We will do all the heavy lifting, and even offer a free estimate. We can do everything from a garage clean out or picking up an unwanted couch, to hot tub and deck removals. It doesn’t matter where the junk is – we go to homes, offices, storage spaces, buildings, and outdoor spaces. We even donate or recycle up to 80% of what we collect! Give us a call today or book online to begin the process of your January cleanse.