Spring is officially here, and with it the promise of spending a lot more time outdoors. If you’ve been hibernating all winter, you may not have spent much time in your yard. With the warmer temperatures on the way, now is the best time for refreshing the garden. In honor of the change of season, Junk King Austin has some thoughts on refreshing the garden, as well as the outside of your home.
- Weeding – A classic worst childhood chore, weeding can seem an overwhelming task. Start small, dedicating a few days to a certain portion of the yard. Take breaks, drink plenty of water, and don’t forget to wear gloves. With some consistency, the weeds will be gone, leaving a manicured space behind.
- Pruning – Cutting back trees and bushes is a sure way to make your home appear well kept and improve your street appeal. Don’t know what to do with the branches? Give Junk King Austin a call and we’ll haul them away for you!
- Love Your Mailbox – If your mailbox is in front of your house, consider freshening it up. Are any letters or numbers missing? Does it need a fresh coat of paint? Are there any overgrown plants next to it? Improving the mailbox is simple but makes any home seem more welcoming and cheerful.
- Doormats – Doormats get a lot of use. When was the last time yours was cleaned or replaced? Upgrading your doormats can significantly clean up your entryways.
- Plants – If you have a dedicated area for plants, now is the time for refreshing the garden. Be sure to take note of sunlight and shade before heading down to your local garden center.
- Decks – Decks are a wonderful addition to any home. Before the summer cookouts start, take the time to check your deck. Furniture that lives outside may need replacing. The wood may need fresh staining. Perhaps you don’t want to have a deck at all. Luckily, Junk King also handles deck removal.
- Rock Gardens and Succulents – Texas is a dry climate, perfect for cactus and succulents. If you aren’t a lover of gardening, refreshing the garden by turning it into a rock garden with succulents may be perfect for you. Large limestone can be easily planted with succulents, creating minimal work in the future.
- Hot Tubs – If you have a hot tub, get a jump on the season and start cleaning it out now. If you have a hot tub you no longer want, give Junk King a call – we do hot tub removals!
Refreshing the garden can be made easier with Junk King Austin. We will help you remove your yard waste (trees trimmings, rocks, etc), old furniture, hot tubs, and unwanted decks. We don’t have to stay just outside, though. Junk King cleans out homes, garages, attics, storage spaces, and business spaces as well. We recycle up to 80% of what we collect. For a free estimate, give us a call or book online today!