Summer is right around the corner, and with it comes the added stress of children getting out of school, college students returning home, vacations to plan, graduation parties to attend, and weddings to go to. Though this time of year is marked with sweet watermelon and bright fireworks, summer organization is a keystone to making the most out of our holidays. Junk King Austin has some useful tips to help your family achieve summer organization this year.
1. Prioritize Early – With all of the chaos that accompanies summer, it’s important to make sure you nail down what is most important as soon as possible. Spend some quality time with your planner and look at what’s ahead. Soon enough the days will fill with swimming lessons, BBQ’s, and Fourth of July celebrations. Ask yourself what things are the most important this summer and work out how to make them happen. Summer organization doesn’t require tons of planning; even just a little thought can go a long way.
2. Pack a Pool Bag – Going swimming for the first time is always a summertime milestone – usually followed by even more trips to the pool or lake. To save time on preparing to go, and to lessen the risk of forgetting something crucial (like sunscreen!), pack a pool bag. To start, pick out a large tote bag. Mesh bags work especially well because they allow air to pass through and keep items dry. Add all of the essentials: sunscreen, goggles, diving toys, membership cards or pool keys, flip flops, and a towel. When it’s time to swim, all you have to remember now is the pool bag and your swimsuit. Don’t forget to replace items when you get home, such as adding a fresh towel!
3. Stock Up on Groceries – With everyone home more often, the food seems to disappear more than twice as fast. Now is the time to make sure summer doesn’t equal gallons of sugary drinks and mountains of candy and chips. Stock up on healthy foods (like mixed nuts) and think about diversifying the lunch menu to include things like salads with chickpeas, tortilla wraps, and oven-baked vegetables.
4. Get Your Car Cleaned – It may seem like a waste of time to clean out a vehicle days before it will become a Super Taxi, but trust us on this one. Having your car cleaned now will start off the summer with a clean slate. It will be easier to find things that were dropped, will make road trips more pleasant, and can help minimize the damage of the coming weeks.
5. Jumpstart the House Cleaning – Even if you missed the traditional spring cleaning, it’s not too late to get the house in order. Summer organization starts with the home, so make sure to get everyone off on the right foot by starting the summer with a clean and organized home. If you need help removing large appliances (washers, hot tubs, refrigerators), would like your garage cleaned out, or want your deck removed, give Junk King a call and we will handle it for you.
Junk King Austin would love to help you with your summer organization this year. We make the task easy by doing all the heavy lifting and cleaning up after ourselves. You can make a list and we will take care of it: yard waste, storage spaces clean outs, furniture, clutter and junk, boxes, garage and attic clean outs, large appliances, hot tubs, deck removals, and more. Book online or give us a call to receive your free estimate today!