Did you know that the waste industry in the United States is valued at $75 billion each year, with junk removal amounting to $10 billion each year? The average person in the U.S. produces about 4.5 pounds of waste each day, which is one of the highest per-capita waste rates around the world. Despite efforts to ramp up recycling and up-cycling, the junk removal industry is forecasted to continue to grow in the near future. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that new and innovative forms of junk removal continue to hit the market every year.
Though it has been around for the better part of a decade, the Bagster junk removal option has recently been gaining popularity in certain areas across the country. According to its website, Bagster claims to make bulky junk item and debris removal simple through offering an affordable do-it-yourself (DIY) alternative to traditional trash bags and bulky junk item pickup. Essentially, Bagster is similar to having a three cubic yard mini-dumpster placed on your yard, though that dumpster takes the form of a large polypropylene bag that you have to purchase from your local home improvement store.
Unlike a traditional dumpster rental, you will have to do all of the heavy lifting and hauling to take the bag and its contents to at least 16 feet of the curb where your waste hauler can reach and empty the bag with its mechanical lift. Below, we take a quick look at some of the downsides that come with using Bagster, and why Junk King of Baton Rouge offers a more efficient, easy, and environmentally friendly junk removal alternative.
Disadvantages that come with Using Bagster
Though many people think that using the Bagster service offers and easier and cheaper way to get rid of junk they may have laying around their home, yard, or business, this often is not the case. For starters, it is important to remember that you will have to purchase the Bagster polypropylene bag for an average cost of $30. Secondly, you will have to find a place to store that bag until you are ready to use it. Of course, all of the hard work of filling the bag will be your responsibility, and you will have to take those heavy junk items out to the curb where the truck will pick it up. In fact, the company states that “dragging your Bagster bag can cause damage and weaken the Bagster bag. If your Bagster bag is damaged, WM may not be able to collect your Bagster bag and additional fees will apply.”
Waste Management, the company that picks up your Bagster, also has several restrictions on what items can and cannot be placed in the Bagster bag. For example, yard waste is strictly prohibited in several locations. Other prohibited items include:
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballasts
- Food waste
- Railroad ties
- Medical waste
- Pesticides and other Chemicals
If you were planning on using your Bagster to get rid of some downed tree limbs or an old refrigerator, you may find that the company will not pick up your bag, and that you´re stuck with a $30 bag that you will have to store somewhere in your garage.
Lastly, there are also high pickup fees associated with the Bagster service. In general, homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Baton Rouge can expect to pay between $79 to $249 for the pick-up of the junk items, with the average coming to $140. Once you factor in the cost of purchase of the bag itself, most people will end up paying upwards of $60 per cubic yard. Furthermore, you will be paying for a full load, even if you only end up filling half the bag with junk or debris items.
The Benefits and Advantages of Choosing Junk King of Baton Rouge
Given the restrictions on junk items that can be thrown away, the higher overall costs, and the fact that you will have to do all of the heavy lifting and hauling, people in the Baton Rouge should consider hiring a private junk hauling company for all of their junk removal needs. Here at Junk King of Baton Rouge, we are proud to be the top-rated junk removal company in the region. Here are just a few reasons why our junk removal services are better than relying on the Bagster:
- We do all of the heavy lifting and hauling for you, which frees up your time and will protect your back. If you do haul your junk items out to the driveway or curb, we offer even further discounts.
- We have bigger trucks that allow you to get rid of larger and bulkier junk items. When you use Bagster, it is important to note that bag only has a capacity of 2’6” H x 4’W x 8’ long, and a weight limit of 3,300 lbs. If you have more junk than this, you will unfortunately have to purchase ANOTHER bag and pay for a second junk removal service.
- We only charge you for the space your junk uses in our truck. With Bagster, however, you will be billed by a “trip charge,” no matter how much junk you end up throwing away.
- We can haul away virtually everything that is not considered to be toxic waste. Whereas Bagster has several limitations and restrictions on what you can throw away, with Junk King of Baton Rouge we can help you get rid of old furniture, heavy hot tubs, yard waste, construction debris, old appliances, and more!
- We offer the greenest junk removal services on the market. When you hire Junk King for any type of junk removal service, you can rest assured that we will go the extra mile to either recycle, donate, or otherwise repurpose the junk items we pick up. Our teams take the time to sort through your junk and find out what can be donated to local charities, what items can be recycled, and what items can be otherwise repurposed and kept out of the local landfill.
- Lastly, when you hire Junk King of Baton Rouge, you can rest assured that you will be receiving the most efficient and fastest junk removal service. Whereas you may have to wait several days for your Bagster to be picked up, with Junk King, we can often help you get rid of your unwanted junk items on the same day you call us.
How to Hire Junk King of Baton Rouge
Junk King of Baton Rouge is proud to be top-rated junk removal company in Baton Rouge. We have years of experience in helping our residential and commercial customers get rid of their junk items in the fastest, most affordable, and most environmentally friendly way possible.
We provide our professional and environmentally friendly junk removal services to the Baton Rouge area, including the communities of Addis, Arnaudville, Baker, Baton Rouge, Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Brusly, Carencro, Carville, Denham Springs, Donaldsonville, Erwinville, Fordoche, Geismar, Glynn, Gonzales, Grosse Tete, and Lafayette.
We also guarantee to offer fair and transparent cost estimates in writing. We also are confident that we can beat any written estimate, and offer the absolute best service in our industry. We truly believe that it is a combination of excellent customer service and a commitment to recycling, reusing, or donating more than half of the junk we pick up is the main reason why business owners, homeowners, and residents of Baton Rouge prefer us. Our company is also fully insured, bonded, and licensed so that you can rest assured that you will never have to deal with unforeseen liabilities.
No matter what type of junk you need to get rid of, we are here to help you efficiently and easily free up space in your home and business, while also ensuring that your junk items do not end up in our area landfills. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99. We continue to offer free, on-site written estimates, which is still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing possible. With our firm focus on providing the best possible customer service, we are often able to haul away your junk on the same day you call us.