- Don’t Hesitate to Haggle: Believe it or not, you can actually bargain for your mattress much in the same way as you would for a car. Many of the popular brands have what are considered to be “negotiable pricing.” This means there is some flexibility on the part of the salesmen to make a deal with you. Once you buy a mattress you might not be back for several years so they are anxious to make a deal.
- Double Check the Warranty: A typical mattress warranty could be for ten years. This means if there is a firmness failure within that time you could get a replacement mattress. However, there is a catch. That warranty will be null and void if there is even the smallest stain on the mattress. This is why it’s best to by a waterproof mattress cover to protect your investment. You might also be required to rotate your mattress every six months as a term of the warranty. Check the fine print.
- Don’t Rush: Shopping for a mattress in Colorado is when you get to release your inner Goldilocks: You’ll want to find something that is just right. Plopping down on a showroom mattress for 20 seconds isn’t going to cut it. Will you feel sillier sitting on a mattress with your clothes on for five minutes or spending the next 8 years sleeping on a bed that isn’t comfortable? This is also when you need to bring your partner along. If you’re both sleeping in the same bed then you both need to try it out!
- Determine Your Firmness Factor: Most people think that a firm mattress is the best for your back. Actually, that’s not entirely true. With a very firm mattress you won’t get any flexibility which forces your spine to bend at the hips and shoulders. What you should be looking for is “supportive” as opposed to ultra-firm.
- Consider Your Space: A person who is over six feet tall should be sleeping in a king size bed. This is also the best size for a couple who like a bit of “elbow room” when it comes to their sleeping sides. A California King is also an option for taller people. Just make sure to measure your bedroom space first before buying a mattress that might not even fit.
Contact: (888) 888-JUNK | Hours: M-Sa: 8A-4P