What is a Junk Removal Service?
Junk Hauling Vs. Junk Removal and Disposal
What is junk removal? The best way to approach this question is by first considering what junk hauling is; junk hauling is moving an item from one location to another. It is important to ensure the services given to you by a company are the services you need. If you’re moving to a new home and accidentally order the wrong service, your grandmother’s credenza could end up at the local Goodwill instead of your dining room. Junk hauling is also called junk removal when the property owner decides they no longer want their junk.
Junk removal and disposal is a separate service from junk hauling. As stated above, junk removal is another name for junk hauling when the items do not return to the owner. Junk removal and disposal specifically refers to the hauling away of a person’s property and the corresponding disposal of that junk. Junk disposal methods can come in many variations, from little to no aftercare (i.e., junk taken to landfills or incinerators), to comprehensive and holistic aftercare (i.e., recycling processes or green disposal methods).
It’s important to consider the aftercare provided by any junk removal and disposal company. Aftercare refers to any after-service obligations a company may have to the client, environment, and contractual obligations. For example, many small junk removal companies only provide a limited amount of aftercare for their client’s junk. This means only the best pieces will be donated or taken home with the haulers. On the other side are companies can provide much more aftercare.
Junk King is one such company; our costs reflect the extra time put into every load to ensure that as much of the junk is recycled, donated, or disposed of properly as possible. Junk King is North America’s greenest junk removal and hauling option; over 60% of everything we haul is recycled, reused, donated, or disassembled for the recycling centers around Dallas.
Moreover, junk removal and disposals are one type of junk hauling, but not all junk hauling includes removal and disposal. When looking for professional services near you, make sure to look at your prospective options carefully. Some companies may offer to haul your junk but not offer disposal services without an extra fee—that means you pay more when you could have chosen the all-in-one option.
What Can a Junk Removal Service Take?
If it’s not already clear, not all junk services are created equal. Many provide simple services, and their prices typically reflect that; they also indicate the utility they must use for sorting methods. It is important not to fall into the trap of thinking that a removal company that costs less will automatically be able to handle your junk. That said, Junk King can take a significant amount of junk and trash—much more than the average removal company:
- Construction and remodeling debris
- Refrigerators and wine chillers
- Box springs and mattresses
- Trash and garbage
- Hot tubs and bathtubs
- Appliances, washers, and dryers
- Stand-alone buildings like sheds or hoop houses
- Yard waste and landscaping debris
- E-waste and all electronics
- Televisions and computers
- Furniture and decorations
- And so much more!
However, not even Junk King can handle hazardous waste—motor oil, varnishes, paints, and pesticides are all part of this category. That’s a small price when a typical junk removal and disposal company doesn’t accept televisions, e-waste, buildings, hot tubs, mattresses, refrigerators, or debris from outside.
Guide to Hiring the Best Local Junk Removal Company
Why Hire a Junk Removal Service?
There are many reasons to hire a professional removal service, regardless of the project scale or the presence of other professionals. Consider, for example, the following aspects of a junk removal service:
- Professionals have the right experience and tools. Mom-and-pop shops are great, but they might not have the right tools or experience you would get from a national option. Choosing to move with them can end up harming the local environment as much as your bottom line. Further, having the right experience can be the difference between safe and dangerous removal.
- Professionals are specifically trained, insured, and permitted for removals. For the residential owner, this may seem unimportant—however, if you’ve ever had something broken in your home because of an installer or mover, you’ll recognize the importance of a professional being properly trained and insured.
- Professional services are also cheaper than DIY options. The last few years have resulted in a resurgence of do-it-yourself (DIY) solutions for many household needs. DIYers play by the rules of “I’ll do that myself,” which is acceptable sometimes. However, DIY projects can sometimes cost more than just hiring professionals to do the work.
What Information Should You Know Before Committing?
There’s a lot to know about removal companies; how is the home or business owner meant to decide the best local removal solution for them? Junk King suggests researching your options before committing to any company. For example, you’ll want to know at least the following about your prospective options:
- Can you find confirmation of their certifications and permits online? You could always call the company and find out directly, but some shady business owners may talk around the subject and avoid providing proof of their permits.
- Can you receive written estimates to compare with other companies? Don’t get one quote and call it good—window shop! Collect written quotes and find a company that offers the lowest price guarantee; remember to watch out for skimpy services hidden by high costs.
- Does the company have the right tools and experience for your removal? If you need a shed removed—don’t go to the guys with jacuzzi experience and tools. Companies should be flexible and able to adapt to your removal needs.
- Do you know what will happen to your junk after it’s removed? If you’re fine with it all heading to the landfill, this isn’t an issue; however, those looking to watch their ecological footprint must ask about what happens to their junk.
- Does the company have great online reviews? Junk removal is, first and foremost, a customer service industry. Reviews are the thing that makes or breaks a company in modernity—so pick the company with the most and the best reviews online. Also, make sure to check multiple platforms since reviewers usually upload their experiences one time.
What to Look Out for When Choosing a Professional Rental Dumpster Service
Hiring the best removal company will be more difficult than just knowing the answers to the above questions. Property owners should always approach their prospects with clear expectations; this will help clarify questions about the process and tell the professionals exactly what you need. After clarifying your needs, pick a company that will serve you and provides the best service options for your cost. Look for these aspects in the company you finally choose for your removal:
- Clear pricing models, no hidden fees, and the lowest price guarantee
- Local experience and specific knowledge about state dumping laws
- Environmentally-friendly approaches to removal and disposal
- Predictable and professional scheduling for drop-offs and pickups
- Great customer service—the hallmark of this is in online reviews
Choosing the Best Professional Trash Hauling Service in Your Neighborhood
Junk King’s Full-Service Junk Removal and Disposal Option
Junk King’s full-service is a no-labor option for property owners. This service consists of a professional two-person removal team and a Big Red Truck. Our professionals come with all the tools and experience they could need for removal, from personal protection gear to floor protectors. Then there’s the truck itself; our giant red trucks are heavy-duty. They can carry up to six regular-sized pickup trucks worth of junk and trash. Even better, a fully packed truck costs around $650 in most cases. That’s one ton of junk being removed by professionals for around $108.
Junk King’s Self-Service Junk Removal with the Junk King MINI
Junk King’s self-service is a more private option for junk removal. Full-service is a wonderful option, but not everyone wants strangers in their home—self-service provides privacy and removal assistance. This service consists of a roll-away rental dumpster, where the dumpster is taken to a property and left for three to seven days. At the end of the rental period, the dumpster is picked up by our drivers–you agree to our costs, and the junk comes with us. Junk King’s MINI dumpster differs from your traditional options—ours is compact enough to fit in your driveway and heavy-duty enough to take care of multiple appliances.
Contact Junk King Dallas Mid Cities Today to Get a Removal Solution Tonight!
When you choose to move with Junk King, junk hauling in Dallas Mid Cities is as easy as 1, 2, 3—point and the junk is gone!
- Call us at (972) 861-1229 to speak with our top-rated customer service representatives; or schedule an in-person assessment of your property.
- Text us pictures of your junk and trash at (737) 888-5865, and we’ll text back with a specialized ballpark estimate.
- Alternatively, you can explore all your options with our custom-made pricing calculator. You can even schedule your services at the end of the wizard.