Clutter has a way of piling up quickly. And if you’ve lived in the same house for any length of time, you know it happens.
And yes, it is fair to ask how and where does it happen? The answer is it happens everywhere in our homes. It happens in the kitchen “junk drawer”, in the bathroom medicine cabinets, in cabinet drawers, and in the garage. Oh, and certainly in any teenager’s room. But it’s not just limited to your home. Clutter can get out of hand at work, too – at your desk, in your shop area, and in any storage spaces.
Clutter isn’t just the small stuff, either. It can be larger items such as recliners, mattresses, loveseats or sofas, and even tables that aren’t being used but are being stored in the basement or out in the garage.
Sometimes, it can be so much that old furniture ends up on the porch or out on the side of the house, getting destroyed by the weather. Clutter can also make your living and working spaces feel cramped and always looking “messy”. But how do you clear all the clutter since it can be an overwhelming task?
Despite our best intentions to keep our homes clean and well-organized, we tend to accumulate things over the years leading to a feeling of clutter and untidiness. Living in a cluttered home can take a serious toll on your mental health and wellbeing. One recent study published in Current Psychology, found a substantial link between procrastination and clutter problems in all the age groups. Frustration with clutter tends to increase with age. Among older adults, clutter problems were also associated with life dissatisfaction.
Unfortunately, getting rid of the clutter in your home, especially after years of accumulation, can be a pretty monumental task. Once you clean out the old unwanted items from your attic, basement, garage, and other rooms of your home, you then have to figure out how to remove that junk from your home.
For homeowners in Colleyville, Texas, Junk King of Dallas Mid Cities is the region’s top-rated junk removal company. We offer full-service junk removal for everything from used furniture, to large appliances, to construction and yard debris, and more. As long as your junk is not classified as toxic waste, we can take it away. Below, we briefly outline some of the challenges that come with living in a cluttered home, and why Junk King of Dallas Mid Cities is the best option for reclaiming your space.
We suggest the following three steps:
Step 1: Clutter Removal Audit – Just How Much Junk Removal Do You Need?
To determine just how extensive your clutter (read: junk) problem really is, you’ll want to take a “tour” of your home and audit your clutter situation.
That’s right! A tour.
- Room-by-room: You probably go into every room of your house at least a few times a week, if not every day. But do you spend that time intentionally looking for things to throw out? Probably not. But that’s the approach you should take on your clutter tour.
- Closets: There are likely some obvious things that you can get rid of, but for many other items, you might need to do some serious sorting and separating. And, if you’re like most folks, taking a deep dive into the closets will probably turn up piles of junk that is cluttering up those valuable storage spaces. It’s often in the closets where you’re likely to find all kinds of unwanted items that you can live without.
Anything you haven’t worn, used or fixed in over a year should be earmarked for junk removal
- Tour with Junk King: No need to pile everything in one place after you’ve completed your clutter-hunting tour. If you can do so safely, simply pile things in the rooms you found them in and when your Junk King Dallas Mid Cities team comes by for the scheduled appointment, you can take them on the same tour. You simply point, and they’ll be able to size up everything you want removed and provide you with an estimate on the spot.
- Free Estimate: And that’s another advantage of calling Junk King: We offer free estimates as a part of our service and we guarantee to beat any written estimate. We are that confident our prices are better than any comparable operator. And who might that be? A licensed, insured, junk removal company who operates a recycling-based operation, like Junk King does, to keep our landfills free of unnecessary waste materials.
Step 2: Taking the Worry Out of Junk Removal Pricing in Colleyville
Once you have our written estimate and you’ve agreed to the price, you can sit back and watch how fast we can make all the clutter disappear from each room!
One junk removal trip with Junk King Dallas Mid Cities is all it will take to get your home clear of clutter from top to bottom. And it doesn’t have to bust your budget.
With our handy pricing tool and estimator, you have the ability to get an estimate on your own by adding up the items you know you want to get rid of. The pricing estimator provides you with an online estimate so that you’ll have an accurate idea of the final price that’ll be determined onsite by our staff.
Keep in mind that this tool works great for items such as furniture, electronics, appliances, other household goods, and other miscellaneous items such as lawnmowers. However, getting a price for heavy material such as dirt, gravel, roofing material, and concrete can’t be done with our online price estimator.
Our handy pricing tool and estimator gives you the ability to get an estimate on your own!
Step 3: Red Junk Hauling Trucks on a Green Mission
Enjoy your “new” home. With all the rooms decluttered and junk removed you may just be surprised to discover how much valuable space you have gained back.
We are very proud to be the #1 Rated Junk Removal Customer Service business in America. We don’t just “talk the talk” about recycling and reuse, but we “walk the walk.” We founded Junk King in 2005 as the first recycling-based junk removal operation and we continue to recycle, repurpose and reuse as much of the material we pick up as possible.
Sometimes your unwanted “clutter” is made up of recyclable junk that is too large for your residential or office recycling bins. Or perhaps you just simply have large items to get rid of in addition to your clutter and other waste.
These could be appliances, mattresses and other items that you want hauled away and taken care of with proper recycling and disposal methods.
That’s when you need professional green junk removal services and in working with Junk King Dallas Mid Cities, you know you will receive efficient, safe and eco-friendly junk removal services so you don’t need to worry about whether your junk will be recycled or reused properly.
The Burden of a Cluttered Home
As we mentioned in the introduction, living in a cluttered home can cause serious mental health problems. Excess clutter not only affects our anxiety levels, but can actually negatively affect sleep patterns and reduce our ability to focus. This can simultaneously make us less productive and trigger unhealthy coping and avoidance strategies.
But how many people exactly suffer from living in overly cluttered homes? According to one 2019 survey of more than 3,000 U.S. adults, nearly 30 percent of U.S. adults had a decluttering project planned for that year. Furthermore, over one out of ten U.S. households (10.6 percent) rent a storage unit to store their extra items. With the average cost of storage space standing at $89.12 per month according to data from 2020, millions of Americans are spending at least $1,000 each year to store their extra “stuff.”
Perhaps even more surprising is the fact that around two-thirds of people who rent self-storage space live in single-family homes (not apartments or condos) that also have a separate garage area. This most likely means that many of these households have already filled up their garages with mostly unused junk, and are now spending extra cash to rent extra space for those junk items. Finally, 67 percent of people in another recent survey believed they could save up to 30 minutes each day if they were more organized and their spaces less cluttered.
Given this data, it is apparent that the excess clutter we have in our homes is a major cause of disorganization while also leading to an extra financial burden on individuals who are forced to rent extra storage space. Cluttered living spaces also negatively affect our productivity levels and make our homes less “livable” and comfortable. But how exactly do you go about getting rid of the clutter in your home? For people in Colleyville, Junk King makes it easy to reclaim the valuable space in your home in an efficient and environmentally-friendly way!
Cities We Serve in Dallas Mid City
If you live in Colleyville and you’re drowning in clutter, there’s hope for you. With professional help from Junk King Dallas Mid Cities, you have access to junk hauling experts who can make any amount of clutter “disappear” from your home.
Colleyville is a great place to live even if you do have to battle “clutter” from time-to-time! Well known for its public schools, its safe neighborhoods, great local economy, and an inviting rural atmosphere, Colleyville is home to about 27,000 people.
Situated conveniently between Fort Worth and the Big D, Dallas, it’s also close to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This means that residents can enjoy the best of both Dallas and Fort Worth while living in the easier-paced, semi-rural environment that makes Colleyville a desired location for people moving to Texas or out of the bigger cities.
When the residents of Colleyville aren’t getting rid of their junk and clutter, they can find a number of things to keep them occupied such as hiking or picnicking at the Colleyville Nature Center or jumping into some water fun at Chisholm Park. And no one can say that the town is lacking in sophistication. With its locally-owned Delaney Vineyards, residents and visitors can also indulge in wine tasting and tours.
Other cities we serve.
- Addison: situated immediately north of the city of Dallas, Addison has an estimated population of over 15,000 people. Summers in the Mid Cities are usually hot and muggy, while winters are cold and windy with temperatures varying from 38F to 96F.
- Bedford: a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth, boasts a population of close to 50,000 people. Home of a half-dozen players in professional sports, Bedord is one of the best places to live in Texas.
- Carrollton: is a city that straddles Denton, Dallas and Collin counties with a population of almost 140,000. In 2006, Carrollton was named as one of America’s “Top 100 Places to Live” by Relocate America and was also selected as the 19th best place to live in the U.S. by Money magazine.
- Coppell: a suburb of Dallas and a bedroom community in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. The Coppell area was settled by German and French immigrants in the 1840s and has a population today of more than 40,000.
- Desoto: the city of DeSoto is a suburb of Dallas and part of the Best Southwest area, which includes Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Lancaster. First settled in 1847, it is one of the oldest communities in North Texas.
- Cedar Hill: located about 16 miles southwest of downtown Dallas, Cedar Hill is situated along the eastern shore of Joe Pool Lake and Cedar Hill State Park. A population of almost 50,000 Texans enjoy nearby parks, green space and wildlife.
- Duncanville: during World War II, the Army Air Corps established a landing field for flight training near Duncanville. That became the Duncanville Air Force Station in 1947 and the headquarters for the four Nike-Hercules missile launch sites.
- Euless: a portion of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is inside the city limits of Euless. The almost 60,000 residents enjoy Arbor Daze celebration of trees, usually held the last weekend of April, and is one of the most decorated festivals in Texas.
- Flower Mound: located in Denton and Tarrant counties north of Dallas and Fort Worth by Grapevine Lake. Named for a prominent mound located in the center of the town, it has over 78,000 residents and was named one of the “Best of the Best” in the book Best Places to Raise Your Family.
- Grand Prairie: is a city located in Dalla, Tarrant, and Ellis Counties. With a population of almost 200,000 people, it is the 15th largest city in Texas. Singer and actress, Selena Gomez, is from Grand Prairie and the city has a Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum and a Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax.
- Grapevine: a city of about 54,000 residents, Grapevine was named from its location on the Grape Vine Prairie near Grape Vine Springs. Some scenes from the films Tender Mercies and Robocop were filmed here.
- Irving: the largest city among the Mid Cities region, it’s population of more than 240,000 people enjoy a wide variety of cultural attractions. In addition, it’s the headquarters city for the Big 12 Conference and Conference USA, two college athletics conferences.
- Keller: Money magazine rated Keller as one of the 10 “Best Places to Live” in 2009, and one of the 100 “Best Places to Live” in the U.S for 2011. The U.S. Census Bureau listed Keller as one of the “Nation’s Richest Cities” with a population over 20,000 in 2008.
- Lancaster: was founded in 1852 as a frontier post, and is one of Dallas County’s oldest settlements. Today, it is a suburban community located approximately 15 miles from downtown Dallas. Aviation history buffs will enjoy the Cold War Air Museum and the Commemorative Air Force Museum–Dallas/Fort Worth Wing in Lancaster.
- Lewisville: one of the fastest-growing city populations in the United States, Lewisville currently claims more than 105,000 residents. It is also home to the Medical City Lewisville Grand Theater, which was named the best events venue in Denton County in both 2011 and 2012.
Why Hire Junk King to Help with your Decluttering Project
Here at Junk King, we understand that many people in Colleyville need a little extra help to effectively declutter your home. Thus, when you hire us for your junk removal needs, our junk removal teams will gladly help you with all of the heavy lifting and hauling required to clean out your home. As you begin the process of reclaiming space in your home, there´s no need to haul all those heavy and bulky junk items out to your driveway or job. With Junk King, simply let us know what items you want removed and we´ll do the rest.
Furthermore, when you hire Junk King of Dallas Mid Cities, you also will benefit from being able to get rid of virtually every type of junk item you have laying around your home or yard. Unlike other junk companies, we don’t put severe restrictions on what items we can pick up and haul away. From used appliances and electronics, to heavy furniture items, to yard waste and construction and demolition debris, there is virtually nothing that we can´t haul away. In fact, as long as your junk items are not classified as toxic waste, Junk King can take those items off your hands.
Junk King is not only the top-rated junk removal company in Colleyville, but it is also the greenest one. Our junk removal services can help individuals, homeowners, businesses, and even large industries find an environmentally friendly solution to the trash that is accumulating in their spaces. Whereas many junk removal services will simply pick up your trash and drive it to the nearest landfill, we are 100 percent committed to making the effort to find a “second life” for the items we pick up.
Our team of junk removal professionals has strong relationships with local recycling operations, donation shops, and several nonprofit organizations. We are thus able to make every effort to either recycle, repurpose, or donate the items that we collect. In many cases, those junk items that are cluttering your home or business might be useful items for other families in our region. By taking the time to sort through the different junk items we pick up, we are able to donate several of those items in order to reduce pressure on our local landfills while also helping people in our community.
We provide full junk removal services to the Dallas Mid Cities area, including the towns of Bedford, Colleyville, Coppell, Euless, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Grapevine, and Keller.
Unparalleled Customer Service: Junk King´s Promise
Lastly, when you hire Junk King to help you declutter your home or business, you will also be guaranteed to get the absolute best customer service in the region. Junk King Dallas Mid Cities can help individuals and businesses with any size job, ensuring that your junk gets disposed of properly, safely, efficiently, and in the most environmentally friendly way possible. We think that all of our clients have the right to receive a fair and transparent price for their junk removal needs. For this reason, we offer four ways to get an upfront quote for any size job. You can either:
- Call us at 1-888-888-JUNK to get a quote over the phone;
- Text us a picture of the junk you want removed at 1-737-888-5865;
- Book online at this link; www.junk-king.com
- Ask us to come and visit where we offer free, on-site price estimates. In many cases, we may be able to remove the junk the same day we give you the quote.
Once you agree on a price and a date, the Junk King team will call you 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled pick up for the quickest and most efficient service. Whatever junk removal needs you have, call us today at 1-888-888-JUNK to free up space in your home or business in the fastest, most efficient, and most environmentally friendly way possible!
At Junk King Dallas Mid Cities, we provide expert junk removal and hauling services to all these cities and the surrounding area, including Dallas and Fort Worth. To help you declutter your home, please connect with us at (888) 888-JUNK.