After spending long hours inside our homes during the cooler winter months, the first fresh breezes of spring almost magically create an urge to tidy up our homes and businesses. Did you know that, according to a 2018 survey, over three-quarters (76 percent) of Americans claimed to engage in some sort of spring cleaning activities on a yearly basis? Though the most common purpose of spring cleaning is to get rid of the dirt, grime, and dust that naturally accumulate around our homes, around 22 percent of the respondents to the above-mentioned survey reported that the main purpose of their spring cleaning activities was to get rid of the extra junk and clutter that was accumulating in their home.
Your annual spring cleaning routine, then, is an opportunity to not only tidy up your home, but also reclaim important spaces such as a dusty attic, an abandoned basement, and a spare bedroom that has turned into a de facto storage closet. Who knows, with a bit of determination, you might even be able to get rid of enough junk in your garage so that you actually park your car inside once again.
Unfortunately, decluttering your home during the spring months might also pose a health and safety risk for some people. Trying to haul a 300-pound couch down a flight of stairs is essentially an invitation for a potentially dangerous fall. Even if you manage to stay on two feet, improper lifting and carrying techniques can lead to serious back and joint problems.
For homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Fresno who are looking for help in decluttering their home or business this spring, there are fortunately junk removal companies that make it easy and effortless to get rid of that clutter that seems to magically build up in your home every year. Junk King of Fresno is here to help you get rid of your old TVs, rusty playground sets, broken down refrigerators, piled-up lawn and garden debris, and virtually any other type of junk item that you want to be hauled away. We are proud to be the top-rated junk removal company in Fresno and the surrounding region and offer both our residential and commercial junk removal services to help people and businesses in Fresno make their spring cleaning routine easy and stress-free.
Below, we offer a few decluttering tips to make your spring cleaning routine more effective and enjoyable. We also explain why you should always prioritize the most eco-friendly junk removal company in Fresno as part of a sustainable living priority.
Tips for Decluttering during Your Spring Cleaning Routine
The process of decluttering your home during spring cleaning can seem overwhelming, especially when looking at the hundreds of items that you no longer use or want to keep in your home. As is often the case, getting started is half the battle. Once you put your hands to the task, it can be amazing to see how quickly your formerly cluttered and disorderly rooms come back to life. Here are a few tips for how to maximize the efficiency and impact of your decluttering project.
- Start by removing the trash: Part of the difficulty with decluttering is deciding what items you want to keep. At the same time, there are most likely several items that are basically trash and should go straight to the waste bin. Start your decluttering work by getting rid of all the trash items that you know you don’t want to keep. It might be helpful to rent a self-service MINI dumpster from Junk King, as this will give you a convenient space to store your junk as you declutter your home.
- Choose one small area to organize first: Once you have swept your home of easy-to-identify trash items, focus your attention on one small area, perhaps a child’s bedroom or a small dining room. Decluttering and organizing a small room can create a sense of accomplishment and motivate you to tackle the larger areas next.
- Sort items into three piles: Keep, donate, and toss/recycle: Decluttering your home doesn’t mean that you have to send all your junk items straight to the local landfill. As you declutter, you might find that several items are still perfectly useful, and could be donated to thrift stores or local charities. Designate a space in your home or garage to create these different piles.
- For items you keep, make sure that every item has a specific place: For the items you do decide to keep around, make sure that there is a designated space. For example, if you simply cannot get rid of your grandmother´s old sewing machine, make an effort to free up a corner of your living room or a bedroom where it can sit proudly as a family antique.
- Get the help you need for larger items: When decluttering your home, you will inevitably find that some items are simply too large, bulky, and heavy to be dealt with on your own. Do yourself a favor and don’t even try to move that thousand-pound broken-down hot tub on your back deck. Rather, give the professionals and Junk King of Fresno a call. Our junk removal teams will do all of the heavy lifting and hauling for you. In some cases, we can even help you with minor demolitions in order to move items out of your home and off your property. When you hire us for a professional junk removal service, we can also pick up and haul away all of the items in your “trash” and “donation” piles as well. Unlike other junk removal companies out there, we go the extra mile to either donate or recycle as many junk items as possible.
How to Hire Junk King of Fresno to Help with Your Eco-Friendly Spring Cleaning?
If you live in the communities of Armona, Biola, Caruthers, Clovis, Corcoran, Del Rey, Dinuba, Exeter, Farmersville, Fowler, Fresno, Friant, Hanford, Ivanhoe, Kerman, Lemoore, Madera, or Visalia, Junk King is the best option for helping you declutter your home or business. We know that a cluttered home or business can lead to severe mental health problems for people. In fact, one recent study found that 57 percent of people report feeling “stressed” and 42 percent are “more anxious” when their house is unorganized or cluttered. Additionally, the Anxiety and Depression Association of America indicates that the physical activity of cleaning coupled with the end result of a cleaner home can play a major role in helping to reduce stress levels, feelings of anxiety, and depressive symptoms.
We want to help you make your spring cleaning routine as easy, efficient, and stress-free as possible. Our company has a whole fleet of large trucks that make it easy for homeowners to declutter their homes. Our professional junk removal specialists do all of the heavy lifting for you so you do not have to worry about carrying heavy couches down the stairs or taking your old refrigerator out to the curb.
We also know that throwing away large amounts of trash every spring also comes with a heavy environmental footprint. Collectively, we produce around 292.4 million tons of municipal solid waste (MSW) each year in the United States. In 2018, almost half of that trash (49.997 percent) was sent to landfills around the country. When you hire us for your junk removal needs, we promise that at least 60 percent of the junk items we pick up will be either donated, recycled, or otherwise repurposed.
Lastly, we are also one of the few junk removal companies that offer completely transparent and honest pricing mechanisms. For larger jobs, we offer free, on-site pricing, which will allow us to give you an accurate and exact price estimate for the job. We may even be able to haul away your junk the same day we give you the on-site price estimate. You can also call us at 1-888-888-JUNK to live chat with our highly trained customer service representatives. For smaller junk removal services, you can take a photo of the items you need to be removed and text us at 737-888-5865. We will text you back an estimate. Lastly, for a pricing estimate online, simply click the “Pricing” tab in the navigation above, scroll to the pricing estimator, enter your zip code, and choose estimate “By List Item” or “By Truckload.”
For whatever junk removal service you need this spring consider hiring Junk King of Fresno by calling 1-888-888-JUNK (5865) or booking online today!