5 Signs that It’s Time to Replace Your Old Mattress
We’ve all had those nights—the ones where we finally realize that the bed below us isn’t quite as comfortable as it used to be; we might have even thought about how much a new mattress might cost, despite the night reaching further and further into the early morning. These days there are thousands of options for new beds, some can even be delivered via the mail—pressed and rolled and packaged and on your doorstep in under two business days. Since there are so many available options for both the delivery and the affordable purchasing of mattresses, it is more important than ever for individuals to be able to tell when there are signs that it is time to replace their old mattresses. Here are the top five signs that Junk King believes are telltale signs that should point you towards a new purchase (and a removal).
- The age of your mattress: The age of your mattress is one of the biggest factors in deciding whether or not it is time for a new bed. According to Casper (a leading producer and seller of online mattresses and delivery), your mattress should generally be replaced at least every 7-10 years, although the material and treatment of the mattress play a role too.
- Visual wear and tear beyond staining: Our mattresses take a beating every night, and the beating is even worse when we allow animals into the bed with us, sleep in our day or work clothes, or eat and engage in activities on the bed. If you’ve found that your mattress is starting to become threadbare in its most used areas, you should consider looking for a new mattress. Visual wear and tear is generally unimportant, but it can be a sign that the mattress is breaking down in certain areas, and once those areas are broken down enough—they lose their comfortableness.
- Aches and pains and soreness: One of the biggest reasons that people end up getting a new mattress is because they are experiencing aches or pains after laying down for the night. Oftentimes, our bodies will adjust to any sort of new change, so it can also become ‘the normal’ for many people to experience these pains—especially when monetary needs are more pressing. However, if you are experiencing pains from having laid in bed, it’s a safe bet that you need a new mattress.
- You dread going to bed: Much like children putting up a fight to stay up past their bedtimes, adults may occasionally find themselves dreading bedtime too. Even worse, because adults have a full range of emotions, they might not even realize that they are experiencing dread. It could be seen as having anxiety overwork the next day, or it could be an increasing desire to avoid the bed or sleep altogether. Regardless of the feeling—if you are experiencing any negative emotion towards your bed, it could be time to try a new mattress.
- Allergies and heat are expected every night: If you’ve ever suffered from allergies, you know that there are much better ways to spend your time. However, sometimes those allergens can come in from outside (carried in on our clothes or pets) and they can end up kicking our bodies into an allergy response. This can sometimes look like itchy eyes, a runny nose, or an overabundance of heat. If you believe that you’ve been suffering from allergies every night, but can’t seem to figure out why or where it is coming from, consider getting a new mattress; it will alleviate your allergies altogether, or remove it as a possible source, at the very least.
If you recognize any of the above topics as occurring in your bedroom, it’s time to start thinking about getting a new mattress; and when it comes time to have the new one delivered, call on your local mattress removal in Lawrenceville, GA, Junk King Gwinnett. As your best and closest option for everything junk and trash hauling, Junk King is also your best option for mattress disposal in Lawrenceville, GA. Simply give us a call or read on to learn more about mattresses and how Junk King deals with the most important of bedroom furniture.
Mattress Recycling: It’s Easy and Good For the Environment
What happened to the last mattress you owned? Do you remember? Perhaps it was given to a charity or it was passed on to a family member; more than likely it was taken to the dump or removed during an annual family junk hauling expedition. This is the case for 81% of mattresses—as only about 19% of them are even attempted to be recycled. (This is because spring mattresses are notoriously difficult for recycling centers to process in their machines.) Additionally, there are those companies who claim to recycle mattresses for clients but are sometimes not being truthful. This is because it is simple for them to claim that they will recycle a mattress entrusted to them while dropping it off at the local landfill instead (who’s ever going to check that they followed through, after all).
Luckily, for folks that live in northern Atlanta, Junk King can be trusted to follow through. Known as being North America’s greenest junk and removal service, Junk King has a company-wide commitment to recycling over 65% of everything that they haul. How could a mattress be recycled? It starts with the mattress being picked up and taken away by our teams of professional haulers, and after the mattress is hauled away, it is broken down into its most simplistic (and useful) parts. These parts are then shipped out to the relevant recycling centers, where they are processed into new items. For example, the foam, cotton, and fabric that a mattress needs can be separated from the larger item and recycled into a variety of new items; foam can be turned into carpet underlay, while cotton and fabrics can be recycled into new insulation.
You may wonder though, how exactly is mattress recycling ‘easy’? It definitely sounds challenging to do, even for the businesses that are equipped to actually break down and recycle mattresses. The answer to this inquiry is that Junk King makes it easy—for the client, at least. As with all things Junk King, Junk King will collect your junk and trash (and mattress) and take career of all of the after-care that your junk might need. This is what makes recycling your old mattress one of the easiest things you can do—just give us a call and schedule a pick-up. When you choose to move with Junk King, removing your junk is as simple as 1, 2, 3—just point and the junk is gone.
5 Ways to Recycle, Repurpose, or Reuse an Old Mattress
There are, of course, other avenues and options for you to consider if you do not want to call on Junk King to remove it for you. There are many varieties of revamping and reuse that can come from mattresses and their boxsprings, as long as you’re willing to go the extra mile for it. For example, old boxsprings make the perfect shape and size that a gardening bed might need; just throw it down and fill it with soil! Alternatively, continue reading to learn about five ways you can recycle, repurpose, or reuse an old mattress.
- Sell it: This may not seem like a real way to ‘recycle’ a mattress, but when you look at the details and results of the interaction, it’s clear that there is recycling happening. For example, by selling your old mattress, you are giving it to someone who needs it (or else they wouldn’t be buying it), and at the same time, you are also stopping the mattress from being sent out to the local landfill, or worse the closest ocean. Doing this can also make some of the money back that you would have otherwise spent on the cost of mattress disposal.
- Donate it to a shelter: Shelters of all types are commonly looking for mattresses—women’s, men’s, and even animal shelters can sometimes benefit from an old mattress or two. Just make sure to call ahead and double-check that they want one before loading it up.
- Break it apart yourself: If you think you have the skill necessary, and at least some of the tools you might need, you can always break the mattress apart yourself. If your mattress has springs, they can be removed and fashioned into lawn decorations, while the foam can be inserted into a dog or cat bed.
- Contact the manufacturer: When in doubt, you can always contact the manufacturer of your mattress. They won’t accept the mattress itself (that’s a health hazard!) but they can point you in the right direction for how to best break down the mattress or companies around you who might be willing to take it from you.
- Drag it out back: If you have a backyard, you can always drag it outside. Mattresses make great resources for native animals, and can even provide a stimulating ‘toy’ for your own animals. Hide treats in the folds and sic your dogs on it, or drag it out to the far corner of the yard and see what sorts of animals make use of it over the summer. Just remember to be wary about nesting birds taking pieces of foam with them—we don’t want the foam traveling out of the area!
Alternatively, you can do yourself a favor and simply look for the best Lawrenceville mattress removal service—Junk King Gwinnett, of course. Junk King is your easiest solution to have your mattresses removed in Lawrenceville, GA; give us a call today to get a truck tomorrow!
The Process of a Lawrenceville Mattress Pickup with Junk King
There are three different ways to have your old mattress picked up by Junk King. The first way is by contacting us and ordering a full-service pickup. During this, a team of professionally trained junk haulers will come to your residence—all you need to do is point and we’ll do the rest. Most of the time, clients who choose this option make the most out of the team being there while they can. This means that multiple items are usually hauled away, this is especially the case during biannual cleanouts and moving. Alternatively, you have the choice to order a self-service option. During this, you’ll receive a roll-away dumpster, called a Junk King MINI. You then have 3-7 days to fill it with all of your junk before a removal team comes to collect it and remove it for you. The Junk King MINIs are known for their large interior space (12 cubic yards worth!) while remaining compact enough to comfortably sit in a residential driveway. If neither of the above options fit your particular needs, your can also call on Junk King for a single pickup. Mattresses picked up in Lawrenceville, GA are typically picked up with multiple other items, but that doesn’t mean Junk King can’t pick up the single instance as well.
There are three ways to get in contact with a Junk King representative, and four ways to get a quote for your job. Contact us today to get a truck or MINI delivered to your home tomorrow!
- Call us at 706-247-7513 to speak with our highly rated customer service team. From there, ask to get a quote over the phone or schedule an in-person assessment of your junk.
- Test us pictures of your junk to 737-888-5865, and you’ll receive a quote over text.
- Or, stay online and explore your options using our custom-made pricing calculator; further, book an order over $99 online and you can potentially save $20 off your order.