This was recently updated in January 2022 and was originally published in February 2012.
Did you know that according to recent Census data, almost 31 million people moved in the United States in 2019? That means that almost 10 percent of all Americans change their primary residence each and every year. Though this certainly might be good news for real estate agents, it also comes with an enormous amount of effort and work. Packing up a lifetime of furniture, clothes, appliances, and every other possession in your home is no small logistical challenge, and a healthy supply of cardboard boxes are certainly helpful in getting the job done.
Whether you collected dozens of flattened cardboard boxes from the dumpsters behind your local grocery store or Home Depot or purchased them new from the moving company you hired, most people think of cardboard boxes as a dispensable, one-use item. When moving day is over and you have finally taken everything out of the boxes to turn your new house into a home, what exactly should you do with that small mountain of cardboard boxes sitting in your living room?
While you could break them down and store them in the garage for a potential future move, not everyone will want to dedicate that valuable garage space to old cardboard boxes. Cardboard boxes can also be put out in the recycle pickup bins, but do you really want to wait several days or even weeks before you can get rid of them?
The most efficient way to get rid of those excess cardboard boxes is to hire a professional junk removal service, like Junk King Los Angeles. Not only can we help you get rid of those cardboard boxes in a resourceful and environmentally friendly manner, but we can also help you get rid of all the clutter and other junk items that you never meant to move in the first place.
The Importance of Recycling Cardboard Boxes
Did you know that in the United States alone, around 850 million tons of paper and cardboard are thrown away each year? This means that around 1 billion trees are cut down each year to make junk mail and disposal cardboard boxes that quickly end up decomposing in a local landfill. Protecting our remaining forests is certainly one of the most important and urgent environmental responsibilities that we all share, and finding ways to reduce the number of trees that are turned into cardboard boxes is one way to protect those valuable forest ecosystems.
Fortunately, cardboard can easily be recycled into cereal boxes and other types of cardboard. In fact, for every ton of cardboard that we recycle, we are saving about 17 trees from being cut down. Recycling used cardboard boxes also offers several other environmental advantages. Consider the following statistics:
- Recycled cardboard equates to saving 24 percent of the energy required to make new cardboard;
- Recycling one ton of cardboard can save more than nine cubic yards of landfill space;
- Recycling cardboard produces less than 50 percent of the sulfur dioxide than making the card from raw materials;
- Recycling one ton of cardboard equates to saving 390 kWh of energy and 46 gallons of oil;
- Recycling one ton of corrugated equals saving 700 gallons of water.
Furthermore, by keeping your old cardboard boxes out of the local landfill, you can also help to reduce methane emissions, which is one of the most potent types of greenhouse gasses. Here at Junk King of Los Angeles, we are proud to say that at least 60 percent of all the junk items that we pick up eventually get recycled, donated, or repurposed. We take our environmental responsibility seriously and make every effort to keep your used junk items out of our local southern California landfills. In the specific case of cardboard boxes, we are usually able to achieve a 100 percent recycling rate.
Other Junk Removal Services Offered by Junk King of Los Angeles
Many of us are procrastinators who like to put off things to the last minute. This is especially true when it comes to moving. That is why there is always a mad scramble to shove everything into a box and deal with it once we arrive in our new home. The problem, of course, is that just moving junk from one place to the next is certainly not a good way to start out a new chapter in your life. Our professional junk removal technicians can also help you with the fast and efficient removal of any of those excess items that were haphazardly thrown into a cardboard box during the move. We know that enjoying as much free space in your new home as possible is rewarding, and we are here to help you achieve just that.
Besides helping you get rid of those cardboard boxes, we can also help you get rid of that old couch, the extra bed that no one uses, appliances that need to be updated, and even bulky items such as that broken hot tub that you were hoping to one-day fix-up. As long as your junk items are not classified as toxic waste, we can most likely help you get rid of them!
Another great thing about using pros like Junk King as opposed to day laborers is that you can depend on us to treat your home with the utmost respect. As the leading junk removal service in the region, the Junk King Los Angeles team will be licensed and insured, which could make a huge difference in case something should go awry like a scuffed up hardwood floor or damage to a wall. Whereas other junk removal services might leave you to deal with any mess and damage that occurs, our trained professionals will most likely not cause any damage in the first place. If something were to occur, however, we most certainly will respond.
How to Contact Junk King of Los Angeles and Get a Quote for any Junk Removal Need?
One of the greatest aspects of working with Junk King of Los Angeles is that we make it incredibly easy for our customers to get a fair and transparent price estimate. We are also committed to working around your availability so that you don’t have to miss a day of work just so to get rid of those cardboard boxes that are piling up on your front porch. Providing our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing is one of the hallmarks of our company and we offer four convenient ways for homeowners to find out how much their junk removal needs will cost:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free and come with no obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price is agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your junk on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at l 888-888-JUNK or at (706) 705-5320. Our customer service representatives can help you plan the logistics for any large-scale junk removal.
- Text us a Photo: For smaller jobs, you can simply take a photo of your items, text us at 737-888-5865, and we will text you back an estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King of Los Angeles also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in the right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time-saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk in order to free up space in your new home!