As you might imagine, we run across crazy items all the time. Recently at a junk removal project in Marin County, we came across this item. I knew what it is, but that’s probably because I am old enough to remember!
Everyone loves a clean slate. If you’re looking to get rid of large amounts of trash or unwanted items, hiring a junk disposal service feels like waving a magic wand over the problem. Junk King offers professional, friendly services to provide an easy in-and-out junk removal solution.
In case you’re on the fence, consider the benefits of bringing in a professional junk disposal company:
- We handle all kinds of junk. If it isn’t hazardous waste, we’ll take it.
- When you schedule an appointment, we show up on-time and get the job done quickly.
- We recycle what we can and responsibly dispose of everything.
- Our junk disposal experts are licensed and insured, and we have trucks to handle even the largest and heaviest items.
- You get to sit back and relax, with time to focus on what you really need to be doing.
What to Look For in a Junk Disposal Company
When looking around for a junk disposal company, consider that hauling junk requires expertise and experience.
Need to get rid of broken furniture and appliances? That’s a dangerous, difficult task and you need professionals who know how to do it right—without banging up your walls or ruining your floors.
Have construction or renovation debris to haul off? You need the job done efficiently by junk haulers who know how to get in, gather up the debris, and haul it off safely and quickly.
Junk disposal goes better when you work with the right company:
- A wide range of services. When you need a room cleaned out or a big mess picked up, a junk disposal company who handles everything will be better prepared.
- Experience. Don’t hire amateurs with a truck. An established company with trained, experienced employees will know how to work quickly and professionally.
- Sticking to your schedule and budget. You should expect a free estimate when making the appointment and a confirmed estimate when the crew shows up and sees the junk.
- Social responsibility. Many items can be given to charity, and a lot of wood and metal debris can be recycled. Junk King handles everything in an eco-friendly way so you’ll feel better about the junk disposal process.
Junk King: Marin County’s Preferred Junk Disposal
For Marin County residents, Junk King offers the best customer service and professionalism in everything we do. As a local franchise of a national business, we have the resources of a trusted, experienced company and the friendliness of a local family operation.
We’re based out of Petaluma, and we’ve handled tons of junk disposal projects throughout the Marin and Sonoma County area. We know the neighborhoods, and we donate and recycle with local charities. When you’re hiring a junk disposal team, consider Junk King your local, reliable experts.
Do you ever hear yourself say: “If I was the creative crafts-y type, I could turn this into something cool!”
Do you see things at yard sales and garage sales or random furniture tagged with a FREE sign on the sidewalk? Do you look at things in your house and think “that could be cool, I wonder if I could sand that down and stain it, or spray paint it, or make an awesome one-of-a-kind chandelier out of all that scrap metal?” I do. I think that all the time. Problem is, I’m really not artistic – at all; I can’t even draw a good stick figure. But I can see possibilities and the beginning of a vision of what something could be.
So I hold on to stuff too long (yes, even the Junk King keeps stuff too long), or bring things home thinking that I’ll figure out how to turn this new (or old) piece of furniture into something interesting, funky, unique. It all eventually becomes a pile in the garage.
For those of you that may be like me, aspirational home accessorize-er/decorator, there are several options:
Option 1: Make use of a friend who has talents that you don’t. I’ll call my friend, Kim who is a professional interior designer, and show her some of my collection in hopes she can take my grainy, unformed vision and turn it into something amazing. She’s a flea market goddess.
Option 2: Give it a go. Do a Michael’s run. Buy the spray paint and the super glue and the glitter.
Option 3: Say goodbye to the oddities and oldies that were never transformed into that amazing lamp or side table. Get rid of the rubbish pile in the garage. Call professionals who specialize in junk removal.
Junk King Marin can help you with the debris removal, old furniture removal, scrap metal pick up and all professional hauling services. Our professional haulers will pick up your junk furniture; that piece you may have tried to sand, stain or spray paint but it didn’t turn out quite like you pictured. We will haul away and recycle the scrap metal that didn’t morph into the amazing chandelier you envisioned.
Junk King Marin makes old furniture removal and junk removal easy:
- Get a free estimate beforehand.
- We guarantee a price before working.
- Our professionals know how to sort debris, so items like metal, glass, batteries, etc. get handled appropriately.
- Items will be recycled or donated when possible, or given eco-friendly disposal.
Everyone wants the latest and greatest technology, but this often means we leave our old computers around collecting dust. When your business needs to upgrade hardware or your home needs to clear out old electronics, you have eco-friendly options to recycle computers and other e-waste.
Want to Know the Right Way for Computer Recycling Marin County?
Whether you simply want to call Junk King to come to you and take your items away, or you want to personally dispose of your unwanted electronics, you can find ways to safely and responsibly recycle computers.
Here are some options for doing the greenest thing when disposing of old or broken computers:
Donate to a Charity or Neighbor
Sometimes your favorite local school, religious organization, or charity will hold events to recycle computers and other electronics. If you can hold onto your items until the next donation drive or swap meet, you may be able to support your local community by donating.
Your computer may seem slow or outdated to you, but kids just need basic computers for homework. Ask around the neighborhood and someone might just want to take it off your hands.
Find a Specialty Recycler and Drop Off Your Items
You can try asking electronics stores if they will accept your computer. Some stores and repair shops schedule specific dates throughout the year when they will recycle computers. Just be sure to confirm a time before driving out somewhere to drop off your computer. If you can’t make it work with their scheduling, you can always have Junk King come to you to pick up your computers and electronics for recycling.
Junk King Will Pick Up and Recycle Computers
You can always say goodbye to your old computer by calling Junk King to haul it away. As junk removal experts, we understand the importance of responsibly recycling and disposing of all electronic waste. Some of the materials inside computers create a toxic mess at the landfill, and we make sure to recycle every single part possible.
For computer recycling Marin County… here’s how it works:
- Schedule a time for pick-up
- We show up, you point out the electronics to be recycled
- We find charities to take computers in good condition
- If the computer isn’t functioning, we find an eco-friendly recycling option
Safety Tip: Wipe Your Hard Drive Before Recycling Computers
Before donating an old computer, make sure to delete all personal information from the computer. Simply deteling files isn’t enough—you need to really wipe the computer clean. Even if you’re giving the computer to a friend, you can’t control what will happen with it years later. Look up ways to clear your hard drive or securely erase all data from the computer before sending it away.
Junk King works with recycling facilities and charitable organizations around Marin County to find new homes for old and broken computers. No e-waste needs to wind up in a landfill, and you don’t need to let old computers and peripherals take up space in your home or office.
If you have old desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, or other computer accessories sitting around, call us today to learn about our environmentally safe methods to recycle computers.
Do you have someone in your life that lives by the “one man’s junk is another man’s treasure” motto. Does he or she see the garage sale sign, size it up and inevitably stop to check it out. This person is the garage-saler’s dream for their rubbish removal – at least some of it. The remainder will of course require professional junk hauling.
Garage sale aficionados often find the crazy, oddball, unknowns. We call these Mystery Implements. Those interesting, un-describable, what-the-heck-is-that mysteries. The weird things that are brought out at family dinners, parties with friends, and may make the rounds on Facebook photos. Some of these Mystery Implements get identified, even used. Others eventually make their way onto the garage sale table and then, if unsold, into the junk pile.
One of these Mystery Implements recently made its way to into a Junk King Marin rubbish removal job (see below). It started to go into the scrap metal pile, but was such an oddity that the guys pulled it out and started trying to figure it out. Is it a walnut crusher, an orange juicer, a giant tooth extractor.
What do you think this Mystery Implement is?
Whether you are a garage saler or know someone who is, garage and yard sales are a great way to de-clutter, make a few dollars, and pass along those Mystery Implements to others to decipher, decode, and decrypt.
For the garage sale items that don’t get sold, including any Mystery Implements, Junk King Marin will help you with the leftovers:
- Junk King Marin will clean up the remaining items and haul them all away for you.
- We’ll come in after the last garage salers leave and give you a guaranteed price to remove the unsold/unwanted clothing, furniture, home accessories, broken toys & tricycles, TVs and old appliances.
- Our rubbish removal experts know how to sort debris, so items like metal, wood, e-waste, etc. get handled appropriately.
- We use our over-sized trucks to haul away everything.
- Mystery Implement or not, all items will be recycled or donated when possible, or given eco-friendly disposal.
- To offer you an estimate in writing
- To beat any written estimate
- The best service in our industry