Here in the United States, the junk removal industry is valued at and incredible $75 billion each year, with junk removal services amounting to $10 billion each year. With the average person in the U.S. producing about 4.5 pounds of waste each day, it is staggering the amount of money we collectively spend to get rid of the junk and waste items that take up space in our homes, businesses, and our lives. Despite efforts to increase our national recycling rate, the junk removal industry is forecasted to continue to grow in the near future. For homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Riverside, California, there are several different companies that offer private junk removal services. In this short article, we compare Junk King of Riverside to 1-800-Got-JUNK, two of the leading private junk haulers in the southern California region.
Pros and Cons of 1-800-Got-Junk in Riverside
1-800-Got-JUNK was started back in 1989 by an individual person looking to make a little extra money to finance his college education. As of 2022, it had grown to have franchises in 155 different locations across Canada, the United States, and Australia. Like many junk removal companies, the company offers full-service junk removal for homeowners, business owners, and others who are looking for an alternative to the bulky junk item removal offered by the regular trash company. In southern California, the company services several communities in the Inland Empire, including Riverside.
Pros of 1-800-Got-JUNK in Riverside
- The company can haul away most types of junk: 1-800-Got-JUNK can haul away most of the junk items that their customers may have on hand. According to their website: “We can take just about anything, as long as it’s non-hazardous and can be lifted by our two strong crew members.
- Environmentally responsible disposal: The company also claims that it makes an effort to recycle or donate as many items as possible, though there is limited information about how much of the junk they are able to keep out of the landfill.
- Online booking available: The company also offers online booking services. However, they generally do not offer a pricing estimate until the crew is onsite to visually inspect the junk items that are to be hauled away.
Cons of 1-800-Got-JUNK in Riverside
- Limited to items carried by 2 movers: Because 1-800-Got-JUNK only sends out crews of two junk haulers, you will only be able to get rid of items that can be carried by two people. In some cases, the company may not be able to help you get rid of larger and heavier junk items.
- May be significantly more expensive than other junk removal companies: Many consumer complaints have criticized the excessively high prices that the company charges. One consumer complaint filed on ConsumerAffairs.com states that she was charged $1,275 for “six large bags of gently used clothes, and sneakers…Christmas tree ornaments in its original packaging, a Christmas tree in the original box, 2 area rugs rolled, and taped, Dish sets including two 24-piece plate settings, 24 Crystal wine glasses, 24 water classes all in boxes, and wrapped for moving to prevent from any breakage.”
- Lack of responsibility/cleanliness after the job: Other customer reviews on SiteJabber found that the company routinely left the homes and businesses of their clients in a dirty state after finishing the junk removal job. One customer review states that the haulers “didn’t take everything they were told to & took several things that were to stay. Left a lot of broken glass on the ground outside, never cleaned it up. Stepped in some animal feces & scraped it off INSIDE the house & left it.”
The Advantages that come with Using Junk King of Riverside
Junk King of Riverside is proud to be the region´s top-rated junk removal company. Over years of service, we have some of the best customer reviews on Yelp with a 4.8 out of 5.0 rating. We firmly believe that getting rid of your junk shouldn’t be a difficult and burdensome task, and that you shouldn’t have to wait several days just to be able to get rid of an old TV or DVD player that broke down or an old sofa that is taking up space in your garage or basement. Some of the advantages that come with hiring Junk King of Riverside include:
- We do all of the heavy lifting and hauling for you, which frees up your time and will protect your back. If you do haul your junk items out to the driveway or curb, we offer even further discounts.
- We have bigger trucks that allow you to get rid of larger and bulkier junk items. Furthermore, we only charge you for the space your junk uses in our truck.
- We can haul away virtually everything that is not considered to be toxic waste. Items we can haul away include heavy old furniture, heavy hot tubs, yard waste, construction debris, old appliances, and more!
- We offer the greenest junk removal services on the market. When you hire Junk King for any type of junk removal service, you can rest assured that we will go the extra mile to either recycle, donate, or otherwise repurpose the junk items we pick up. Our teams take the time to sort through your junk and find out what can be donated to local charities, what items can be recycled, and what items can be otherwise repurposed and kept out of the local landfill.
- Lastly, when you hire Junk King of Riverside, you can rest assured that you will be receiving the most efficient and fastest junk removal service.
How to Hire Junk King of Riverside?
Another advantage that comes with hiring us for your junk removal needs in Riverside is that we guarantee to offer fair and transparent cost estimates in writing. We also are confident that we can beat any written estimate, and offer the absolute best service in our industry. We truly believe that it is a combination of excellent customer service and a commitment to recycling, reusing, or donating more than half of the junk we pick up is the main reason why business owners, homeowners, and residents of Riverside and the surrounding communities of the Inland Empire prefer us. Our company is also fully insured, bonded, and licensed so that you can rest assured that you will never have to deal with unforeseen liabilities.
No matter what type of junk you need to get rid of, we are here to help you efficiently and easily free up space in your home and business, while also ensuring that your junk items do not end up in our area landfills.
We also offer four different ways for our customers to hire us and/or get a free estimate. You can either give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99. We continue to offer free, on-site written estimates, which is still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing possible. With our firm focus on providing the best possible customer service, we are often able to haul away your junk on the same day you call us.