When it comes to dealing with your yard waste, many homeowners in San Fernando Valley are not quite sure what is the most efficient, environmentally friendly, and legal way to get rid of the piles of grass clippings, leaves, tree prunings, brush, garden wastes, tree limbs, and other sources of yard waste that seemingly miraculously multiply on your property every fall. Tree brush and other types of yard waste are considered to be “green” or organic waste, meaning that you could potentially deal with this waste by simply letting it decompose in your backyard. However, unless you have an industrial-sized wood chipper, dealing with large amounts of tree brush can make it impossible to either compost at home or to fit into the organic waste bin for regular pickup. Though you could hire a landscaping company to help you cut down dead tree limbs and rip old your dead bushes, they will most likely charge an oversized fee for removing the brush and other yard waste from your property.
So what exactly are you supposed to with the tree brush and other types of organic waste that start to build up around your property this time of year? Enter Junk King of San Fernando Valley. We are proud to be the top-rated junk removal service offering our services to individuals, homeowners, and business owners in the wider San Fernando Valley area, including the communities of Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Granada Hills, Los Angeles, Newbury Park, North Hollywood, Oak Park, Porter Ranch, San Fernando, Thousand Oaks, West Hills, Westlake Village, and Woodland Hills. Below, we take a quick look at the importance of tree brush removal and why we are the best option for people in San Fernando Valley who want quick, efficient, and affordable tree brush removal.
The importance of tree brush removal
When you take your brush and yard clippings out to the curb, some waste management companies simply take that waste straight to the landfill, despite the fact that the State of California recently passed legislation prohibiting all landfills from accepting yard waste. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “in 2018, landfills received about 10.5 million tons of yard trimmings, which comprised 7.2 percent of all MSW (municipal solid waste) landfilled.”
When yard waste decomposes together with other types of municipal solid waste, it releases an enormous amount of methane gas into the atmosphere. Methane is one of the most potent greenhouse gasses driving global climate change.
Tree brush and other types of yard waste, then, are heavy, bulky, and difficult to deal with on your own. Even if you are able to find a company to help you get rid of your yard waste, most of those companies, unfortunately, send those leaves, clippings, and old limbs directly to the local landfill, thus directly contributing to one of the most serious environmental issues of our day.
Tree and brush removal tips for homeowners
If you do choose to deal with your tree limbs, brush, and other organic materials on your own, here are a few tips to help make the job easier:
- Build a backyard compost pile for leaves, grass trimmings, and other smaller sources of yard waste.
- Consider renting a wood chipper if you have large amounts of tree limbs, brush, or other larger woody material. The resulting wood chips can either be added to the compost pile or used as mulch around your trees, flowers, and bushes.
- Be careful operating heavy machinery that you are not accustomed to using. For example, the CDC estimates that chainsaws leads to 36,000 injuries every year in the United States.
- For any tree brush and yard waste that you want to remove from your property, try to find a local composting organization that will help you deal with your yard waste in the most environmentally friendly manner. Remember that illegal dumping can land you serious fines.
Common tree and brush removal mistakes to avoid
If you don’t have the time, energy, or desire to deal with your tree brush and yard waste on your own, you might consider either scheduling a bulky item pickup with your local waste management company, or hiring a private junk hauler. If you do choose to go that route, here are a few common tree and brush removal mistakes to avoid:
- The public garbage company will require you to haul all your yard waste out to the curb on the early morning of your scheduled pickup date. You also need to ensure that your yard waste is properly broken down into the size, volume, and length that they require. If you don’t abide by these strict rules, you will most likely find your yard waste still waiting for you when you return home.
- If you choose to hire a private junk removal company, it is important to ensure that they do not charge an extra fee for helping you haul the your yard waste from wherever it is located out to your driveway.
- You also need to ensure that the private junk hauler you choose to work with offers clear, transparent, and upfront pricing. Many companies out there unfortunately have several “fine print” fees that can lead to a high final price.
Why Junk King is your best option for tree and brush removal.
Here at Junk King, we believe that our superior customer service is one of the reasons why our customers have made us the top-rated junk removal company in the San Fernando Valley. We make it easy for our clients to get rid of the junk items that they have on hand. We don´t believe that junk removal should be a tedious and back-breaking job for people. Rather, our trained junk hauling teams will do all of the heavy lifting and hauling for you. In the case of your yard waste, simply let us know what items you want removed from your home or business, and we will do the rest, without charging you extra fees.
Furthermore, we NEVER simply take your yard waste or other sources of waste straight to the landfill. When you hire us for any junk removal need you may have, we are committed to recycling, donating, repurposing, or “upcycling” at least 60 percent of the junk that we pick up. With tree limbs, brush, and other sources of yard waste, we work with several composting organizations in the southern California region to make sure that your waste is properly dealt with.
We also firmly believe that every one of our commercial and residential customers should be able to get a fair and transparent pricing estimate. To that end, we offer four different ways to get a free estimate for all junk removal needs.
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your junk on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at 1-888-888-JUNK. Our customer service representatives can offer you a pricing estimate and help you plan the logistics of removing your junk from your home or business.
- Text us a Photo: Also, you can simply take a photo of your junk and text us at 737-888-5865. We will promptly text you back a transparent price estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the type and size of the junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk away!
No matter what type of junk you need hauled away, we are here to help you efficiently and easily free up space in your home or business. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99. Junk King continues to offer free, on-site written estimates, which is still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing possible.