While most of us have probably heard about “spring cleaning,” we also probably know that the months of summer are a great opportunity to continue decluttering inside and around our home. Whether you are planning a major home renovation, or simply want to reclaim the space that has been taken over by too much stuff, renting a dumpster during the summer is a great way to effectively and hygienically get rid of your junk. Below, we take an in-depth look at the benefits and advantages that come with renting a dumpster for a summer de-cluttering, and then offer some advice on how to find the best dumpster rental company for your needs.
Benefits and Advantages of Renting a Dumpster for the Summer
Summer is easily the best time of the year for any type of home renovation. Whether you are doing a DIY home project, or hiring a professional contractor, the warm temperatures and relatively limited rainfall are conducive to making improvements on your home or business. Renting a dumpster for your home renovation project is not only helpful, but might also be a legal requirement, especially if your renovation or remodeling project generates lots of bulky trash. Dumpster rentals afford you an easy way to get rid of cumbersome trash items such as the odd piece of plywood, old insulation that you needed to replace, or the large couch that no longer fit with your new interior design.
Instead of hiring a trash removal company for each of these items, a dumpster rental makes it easy to quickly and easily store that trash for a few days or a week until the dumpster is full or you´re finished with your project. Furthermore, for home cleanouts or for major decluttering projects, a dumpster rental can make it easy for you to get your large, bulky furniture items and appliances out of your home.
In fact, the city of San Francisco has a public ordinance that expressly regulates these types of trash items. According to the San Francisco Public Works Department, “it is illegal to leave furniture, appliances, garbage bags, or anything on the sidewalk at any time unless you have a scheduled pick up from a licensed hauler or donation facility.”
What You Need to Know When Renting a Dumpster for the Summer
Before you rent a dumpster for your summer decluttering or renovation project, there are few things that you need to take into consideration.
- Determine the correct size dumpster you will need: Dumpsters come in different sizes as measured by their volume, and the cost will vary depending on the size. Before renting a dumpster, consider how much trash you will be getting rid of in order to appropriately size the unit. Also, it is important to ensure that the dumpster size you choose will fit in your driveway or wherever else you plan to place it. Here at Junk King we have several size dumpsters that are sized to work perfectly for different junk removal projects.
- Avoid overfilling: Another issue associated with properly sizing your dumpster is the threat of overfilling the dumpster you rent. For dumpsters that are loaded past their designated fill line, our junk removal trucks run the hazard of having the junk fall out as we transfer your items to the recycling and donation facilities with whom we work. If your dumpster is filled up and you still have more items to get rid of, you can also call our junk removal professionals for a designated pick up on a scheduled date. We can also provide you with a second dumpster rental if you have the space.
- Make sure to call ahead: During the summer, you´re most likely not going to be the only one looking for a dumpster rental. Businesses, construction companies, and other companies are also most likely looking for a dumpster rental at different times of the summer. Make sure to call ahead to reserve your dumpster for the days you will need it, and to also make sure that the correct size of dumpster will be available. You can call Junk King of San Francisco at 1 (415) 335-7970, or 1 (888)888-JUNK
- Make arrangements to place the dumpster accordingly: Depending on where you live, you might actually need a permit for placing your dumpster. If you don’t have a private driveway that is large enough to accommodate a dumpster, your neighborhood or local council might require a permit for placing the dumpster temporarily on the street. Even if you have large enough driveway, make sure that you have the exact location for its placement so that it doesn’t block traffic or your entrance into your garage.
- Do you have any prohibited items that are not able to be thrown into the dumpster? The dumpsters we rent here at Junk King are able to take on almost all types of construction debris, used furniture and appliances, and other household waste. However, by law, there are certain items such as toxic waste that cannot be placed in the dumpster. If you feel that there might be some questionable items on your “throw-away list,” you can call our customer service representatives to get a complete list of prohibited junk items.
- The threat of illegal dumping: One of the problems associated with renting a dumpster is that it could turn into a public trash service for your neighbors or other passers-by. If you place your dumpster on a street corner or some other accessible place where anyone can access it, there is the chance that you might find your dumpster being filled up with other people´s trash items. To avoid this type of illegal dumping, think about the best place for locating your dumpster rental where it will be less noticeable to people trying to find a way to get rid of their old refrigerator taking up space in their garage. Also, only keep the dumpster on your property for as long as you need it. You may even consider covering the dumpster with a tarp when you are not home to discourage people from illegal dumping.
Junk King of San Francisco is the top-rated company for dumpster rentals in the Bay area. We have dozens of 5-star reviews on Yelp, and go the extra mile to offer you an easy way to get rid of the excess junk in your home or business. With years of experience in junk removal in the city of San Francisco, our customer service specialists can also help you properly size the dumpster for your specific needs and determine the best location for the dumpster you rent from us. We can also help you determine if any permits will be needed for your dumpster location.
On the designated pick up day, our junk removal technicians will arrive on time and do all the heavy lifting. Unlike other junk removal companies who will haul your waste directly to the local landfill, we here at Junk King make every effort to recycle, donate, or reuse the junk items we pick up. Due to our long-standing relationships with thrift stores, recycling operations, and donation centers, we are able to recycle around 60 percent of the junk that we pick up.
To schedule a dumpster rental this summer, simply call us for a free quotation. Once you have determined the size dumpster you need, our professionals will arrive to help you properly locate the unit. We are the pioneers of recycling based junk removal right here in the Bay Area, and can help you reduce your environmental footprint by ensuring that all your junk gets every opportunity to be recycled, reused, or donated. To hire a dumpster this summer, give us a call at 1-888-888 JUNK, or book online today!