What’s the measure of a successful garage sale? How much junk and clutter leaves the house! The only problem is that you might sell your best junk and wind up stuck with a bunch of garbage that you still don’t want. That’s where junk removal comes in to save the day.
Declutter Your Home with a Garage Sale
Feel free to add as many items as possible to your garage sale. Since you’ll be calling for junk removal afterward, you won’t have to put anything back in the house. You can say, “Everything must go!” and really mean it.
You may be surprised at which items actually sell. Remember, you’re not hosting a pop-up shop. You’re getting rid of garbage. Garage sale shoppers expect to sort through piles of junk looking for hidden treasures, so it’s okay to fill your driveway and yard with anything you want to get rid of.
Think beyond the usual suspects and say goodbye to all kinds of garbage:
- Furniture, electronics, and appliances (even broken ones)
- Mattresses and box springs
- Clothes, luggage, sheets, blankets
- Kitchen items like storage containers, drip coffee makers, mismatched pots and pans
You can also get ready for junk removal while setting up your garage sale. When the shoppers are gone, our junk removal team will show up to pick up what’s left.
Some tips for using junk removal to declutter even more after a garage sale:
- Set a broken refrigerator or television down by the curb. If someone wants to buy it, great! And if not, we’ll haul it away.
- Have boxes of papers to throw away, or broken furniture nobody will buy? Use them to display items that are for sale.
- Can’t lift a heavy item? Leave it in the house. Our staff will do the heavy lifting.
- Want to donate the unwanted items? Junk King will even take care of that.
Sell What You Can, Use Junk Removal for the Leftovers!
Don’t make the mistake of holding a garage sale just to make a couple bucks and only get rid of some decent clothes and DVDs. Garage sales are about cleaning your home! Unsold items still need to go, and that’s where junk removal helps.
After a garage sale, you may be tempted to hold onto items that are in good condition. That defeats the main purpose of the garage sale — decluttering. Junk King can round up the good stuff and donate it to local nonprofits so everything gets put to good use. Our junk removal service also includes recycling for many materials including textiles, wood, metal, and yard debris.
When you want to declutter, your best bet is the one-two punch of a garage sale followed by junk removal. Plan your garage sale and make an appointment with Junk King to swing by when it’s over — we’ll haul away the junk so you can reap the benefits of less junk and more space.