You have a lot of options when it comes to getting rid of the excess junk that you have laying around your home or business. For starters, you could schedule a bulky item pickup with your local waste management company. Unfortunately, waiting on the garbage company to come and pick up your junk can often turn into a week-long affair.
For example, in the city of Fort Worth, you have to haul your bulky items out to the curb by 7 AM on the Monday of your assigned week for bulky item pickup. The city waste management crews have until the following Saturday at 5 p.m. to pick up those bulky items. This means that you may have huge piles of garbage bags, old furniture and appliances, and other junk items “decorating” the front of your residential or commercial property for up to a week. Not only is this a great way to anger your neighbors, but you might be risking a fine from your local Homeowner´s Association (HOA).
Another option for homeowners, business owners, and other residents in Tarrant County, TX is to purchase a Bagster from Home Depot, Wal-Mart or similar home improvement stores, fill up the bag, and then schedule a Bagster pickup from the company Waste Management (WM). Though the Bagster option has been gaining in popularity in recent years, many people don’t never take the time to read the “fine print” when it comes to using Bagster´s service.
In this short article, we take a quick look at how Bagster works, and then explain some of those fine print items that need to be taken into consideration when deciding between Bagster and more traditional junk removal services. Finally, we explain why Junk King of Tarrant County is the best option for people in Tarrant County looking for the most efficient and environmentally responsible junk removal service.
What is Bagster?
A Bagster is a type of large, propylene bag that is offered by Waste Management. The individual has to purchase the one-time use bag for an average cost of $30. The Bagster essentially acts as a portable dumpster bag that you take home, fill with your unwanted junk, construction debris, or other types of bulky waste, and then schedule a Waste Management pickup. The company will send out a truck equipped with a crane that picks up the bag, and takes away your junk items for what they claim to be an affordable, DIY means for junk removal.
Though this DIY solution may sound simple, straightforward, and affordable, the “fine print” in Bagster´s terms, conditions, and pricing need to be understood before making a decision. In general, both residential and commercial customers that have used Bagster will end up paying around 25-30 percent more than what they would have paid had they hired Junk King of Tarrant County for their junk removal needs. This cost doesn’t even take into account the time and effort you have to put in to purchase the bag and fill it up.
Some of the “Fine Print Items” with Bagster´s Terms and Conditions to Take into Consideration
- You will have the complete responsibility to fill the bag with the junk contents: For people with long driveways, this means hauling heavy junk items to within 16 feet of the curb where the Waste Management truck can easily pick up the Bagster. If you try and cut corners by filling the bag up near your home and then pulling it out to the driveway, you also risk a fine from WM. The company states that “dragging your Bagster bag can cause damage and weaken the Bagster bag. If your Bagster bag is damaged, WM may not be able to collect your Bagster bag and additional fees will apply.”
- The Bagster prohibits several items from being thrown away in the bag: Most junk removal companies are unable to haul away items classified as toxic waste. However, with the Bagster you also are not allowed to throw away common junk items such as fluorescent light bulbs or ballasts, appliances, electronics, and food waste.
- For heavy items, you can only fill the bag 1/3 full: If you plan on throwing away heavy construction debris such as bricks, stones, dirt, or other similar items, you can only fill the Bagster 1/3 full, even though you will be paying for the whole bag. Over filling the bag will result in extra fees, or the company may not even pick up the items.
- Bagster bags only allow you to throw away up to 3 cubic yards of junk: When you use Bagster, it is important to note that bag only has a capacity of 2’6” H x 4’W x 8’ long, and a weight limit of 3,300 lbs. If you have more junk than this, you will unfortunately have to purchase ANOTHER bag and pay for a second junk removal service.
Why You Should Choose Junk King for all your Junk Removal Needs in Tarrant County
Here at Junk King of Tarrant County, we are proud to be the #1 rated junk removal company in the region, and we provide our services to the entire County including Aledo, Azle, Burleson, Crowley, Fort Worth, Haslet, and the Naval Air Station/Jrb area.
When you hire Junk King of Tarrant County for any type of junk removal need, our team can help you haul away virtually anything that is not considered to be toxic waste. Whereas Bagster has strict restrictions on the items they can pick up and haul away, there is virtually nothing that we cannot help you get rid of in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible. Also, here at Junk King, we have larger trucks by volume than most of our competitors, and this allows us to haul away larger items for a smaller cost. Unlike Bagster, you only pay for the amount of space that you use in our trucks, which is another reason why Junk King is the most affordable (and easiest) junk removal company in the Tarrant County area.
Examples of some of the junk items that we can help haul away include:
- Furniture Removal
- Television Disposal & Recycling
- Yard Waste Removal
- Foreclosure Clean Outs
- Appliance Removal
- Hot Tub Disposal
- E-Waste Disposal
- Trash Removal
- Mattress Disposal
- Refrigerator Disposal & Recycling
- Construction Waste Removal
- Garbage Removal
- And more!
Furthermore, when you hire Junk King for your junk removal needs, our professional junk haulers will do all of the heavy lifting and hauling. Whereas with Bagster you will have to free up your time to haul away all of the junk items, when you hire Junk King, you can simply let us know what needs removed and we will do the rest.
Additionally, we are proud to provide both our residential and commercial clients with “fair and transparent” pricing. We don’t believe in surprising our clients with hidden costs and fees, as does Bagster in many cases. When you are thinking of hiring Junk King for your junk removal needs in Tarrant County, we offer you four different ways to get a free estimate, including free, on-site pricing, text estimates, phone estimates, and online estimates.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk away! Our company is also fully insured, bonded, and licensed so that you can rest assured that you will never have to deal with unforeseen liabilities.
No matter what type of junk items you need hauled away in Tarrant County, we are here to help you efficiently get rid of your junk so that you can free up space in your home or business. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99.