- If you live in Los Angeles, you probably have gotten used to seeing huge piles of brush, leaves, and other sources of yard waste piled up at the end of driveways during this time of year. Have you ever wondered how much yard waste actually accumulates every year and where it eventually ends up? According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) your grass clippings, twigs, and limbs, and the shrubs you pruned throughout the year add up to around 216 pounds of yard waste generated per person, per year. Across the country, that amounts to more than 35 million tons of yard waste per year, or about 12 percent of the total amount of municipal solid waste (MSW). To put that number into perspective, the amount of yard waste we create each year is about equal to the weight of 760 Titanic ships.
Moving that enormous amount of yard debris is certainly no small feat. For homeowners with a relatively small backyard, bagging up the leaves, chopping down the branches, and hauling all that debris out to the curb can be a heavy-duty job.
Fortunately, residents of the wider Los Angeles area have a simple and straightforward way to deal with their yard waste removal needs. With Junk King Los Angeles, we make fall cleanup easy and effortless for both our residential and commercial clients. Below, we take a quick look at why Junk King of Los Angeles is your best option for keeping your yard or property clean this fall.
An Unparalleled Commitment to Green Junk Removal
Unfortunately, much of our yard waste continues to be either burned or illegally dumped. California recently passed legislation that banned organic waste from being accepted and landfills. This has led to a small increase in illegally dumping yard debris in abandoned lots and other rural areas. Across the country, the total amount of yard waste that was burnt or combusted in 2018 was 2.6 million tons. Furthermore, in 2018, landfills received about 10.5 million tons of yard waste, which comprised 7.2 percent of all MSW landfilled. Grass clippings, fallen leaves, branches, and other types of yard waste contribute to enormous amounts of methane gas emissions when sent to the landfill. Methane gas is one of the most potent greenhouse gases.
Unlike other sources of waste, yard debris breaks down relatively quickly and through natural processes. In the right conditions, your old leaves, grass clippings, and other tree limbs can be transformed into high-quality mulch or compost that can be safely returned to the soil. The EPA estimates that around 22.3 million tons of yard trimmings are either composted or turned into mulch each year. This means that yard waste has a 63 percent composting rate, which is significantly higher than the recycling rate for other types of waste streams around the country.
Junk King is proud to be the “greenest” junk removal company in the region. At least 60 percent of the junk items that we haul away are either donated, recycled, or otherwise repurposed. And in the case of organic waste such as yard debris, we ensure that 100 percent of those items are kept out of our dumps. Over the years of being the leading junk removal company in the wider Los Angeles area, we have developed close relationships with landscaping companies, composting organizations, and others. This allows us to ensure that all the organic waste we haul away is turned into high-quality mulch or compost, instead of rotting away and emitting methane gas in landfills.
A Commitment to Fair and Transparent Yard Waste Removal Prices
We also know that no one enjoys hidden prices and fees. Unfortunately, some companies out there are renowned for charging you more than originally quoted, especially when it comes to yard waste removal. We here at Junk King also believe that cleaning up your yard and property should not be excessively expensive. Thus, we are committed to providing all of our commercial and residential customers with fair and transparent pricing mechanisms. We offer four simple ways to get a direct quote for the different types of junk you need hauled away:
1. On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price is agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your junk on the same day.
2. Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision,you can call us toll-free at 1-888-888-JUNK. Our customer service representatives can help you plan the logistics for any size junk removal and offer you a price estimate based on the amount of junk you need to get rid of.
3. Text us a Photo: For smaller jobs, you can simply take a photo of your items, text us at 737-888-5865, and we will text you back an estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
4. Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in the right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time-saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly haul away your yard waste and help you clean up your property.
We offer full-service yard waste removal services to both residential customers and commercial clients in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. Whether you are simply looking for an easy way to get rid of those bags of leaves you raked up over the weekend, or are finishing up some major renovations to the entire landscaping around your home, give us a call when you´re finished for a fast and efficient clean-up.
We also are proud to be able to offer our services to landscaping companies in the region who offer “self-clean-up services” to their clients. If your current landscaping project has left you with more yard waste than you can handle, contact us today, and we can get your job site cleaned up so that you can move on to the next job.
Our junk removal crews are also fully insured, bonded, and well-trained, so you can trust us to remove all your construction debris professionally and efficiently. We are the pioneers of recycling-based junk removal and can help you reduce your environmental footprint by ensuring that your yard waste gets every opportunity to be recycled, reused, or donated. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, or book online today!