For homeowners in Rockville, Maryland, purchasing a shed or building one from scratch in your backyard might seem like a great way to add a few more square feet of storage space to your property. A U.S. Department of Energy study actually found that 25 percent of people with two-car garages don’t park in them at all. A third can only park one car, largely due to garage clutter taking up the space where you would park your car. Furthermore, a high-quality shed may even help to increase your asking price when you decide it’s time to sell your home or business. Some real professionals estimate that a new shed could add as much as $15,000 to your property’s price tag.
Of course, if your backyard shed has fallen into disrepair, the shabby building behind your house will most likely drive down your home´s value. Due to the nature of their construction, exterior sheds tend to have a much shorter lifespan than your regular home. Not only are shed no insulated or conditioned, but they also tend to not have any sort of sturdy foundation. This means that they are prone to the stresses that come with extreme temperature changes, and many shift due to exposure to the elements. This eventually leads to cracks or fissures in the shed structure that cause water damage, mold, and other types of exposure that can quickly ruin the simple 2×4 and plywood structure.
For homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Rockville, how exactly can you go about getting rid of an old shed that has become a refuge for mold, mildew, rodents, and is driving down your property value? Junk King of Rockville is proud to be able to offer the most efficient and practical shed removal service in the region. We provide shed removal services to the entire Rockville area, including the communities of Ashton, Beltsville, Brinklow, Brookeville, Burtonsville, Derwood, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Kensington, Laurel, Montgomery Village, Olney, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Silver Spring, Spencerville, Suburb Maryland Fac, and Washington Grove.
The Challenges that Come with DIY Shed Removal in Rockville
For many people in Rockville and the surrounding areas, getting rid of an old shed might seem like a simple DIY project that can do over a free weekend. Before you start the demolition process, however, it is important to take into consideration some of the following challenges you will likely encounter:
- The Need for the Right Tools: When tearing down a backyard shed, you will most likely need some heavy power tools. Even the simplest shed will have several braces and brackets to hold structure together. As you take apart the roof, walls, windows, doors, and flooring, you will probably need some heavy duty tools to take those pieces apart.
- Potential Health Risks: As you tear apart the shed, it is common to find that your shed is severely invested with mold and mildew. For people who suffer from asthma or other types of respiratory allergies, this could be a concern. Furthermore, sheds that have been abandoned for several years may have turned into a home for snakes, rodents, wasp nests, and other animals that could pose a danger.
- C&D Debris Removal Guidelines: Even if you do successfully deconstruct the shed, you will then be stuck with an enormous pile of construction and demolition (C&D) debris that you have to take off your property. In the City of Rockville, you will probably find that the municipal waste management service will not be able to haul away your trash without first scheduling a bulky item pickup. Even then, you will need to find a place on your property to store that C&D debris until your pickup day rolls around, as well as having to haul all the heavy debris out to the curb on the morning of the scheduled pickup.
Why Hire Junk King for your Shed Removal Needs in Rockville?
If you don’t want to waste a weekend trying to tear down your shed, or if you don’t have the necessary power tools or place to store the debris while waiting for a special bulky item pickup date that may be weeks away, you might consider hiring a private junk removal service to get rid of that old shed. Junk King of Rockville is proud to be offer the most efficient, practical, and environmentally friendly shed removal for people in the region.
When you hire us for your shed removal needs, we are committed to making it extremely easy for you to get rid of that old shed in the easiest and timeliest manner possible. Our junk removal professionals can help you with the demolition of the old shed, and will also do all the heavy hauling, lifting, and towing. Simply show up where the shed is located on your property, and we can do the rest. Furthermore, if your old shed is filled with old junk items that you no longer need or want, we can also help you get rid of that junk in one simple junk removal service. Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, we also offer no-contact service, meaning that you never have to physically interact with our junk removal technicians.
Lastly, our company is also proud to offer the “greenest” junk removal service in the region. When you hire us for your shed removal, we will take the time to determine if any parts of the shed can be de-constructed and donated to thrift stores or other charities. If the shed is severely damaged and no parts can be salvaged, we also work with several recycling companies and organization. In short, we do everything we can to ensure that as much of your old shed as possible stays out of our area landfills. In fact, we are able to either donate, recycle, or otherwise repurpose up to 60 percent of the junk items we haul away.
How to Hire Junk King for your Shed Removal Needs?
Providing our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing is one of the hallmarks of our company and we even offer your four different ways to get a free estimate for your shed removal needs:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of the abandoned items on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at l 888-888-JUNK. Our customer service representatives can offer you a pricing estimate and help you plan the logistics of your shed removal.
- Text us a Photo: Also, you can simply take a photo of your old shed and text us those photos at 737-888-5865. We will promptly text you back a transparent price estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the type and size of the junk items that you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your car junk away!
No matter what type of junk items you need taken away from your home or business, we are here to help you. Give us a call at 1-888-888-JUNK, text a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20 on orders totaling more than $99. Junk King continues to offer free, on-site written estimates, which is still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing possible.