Junk King’s Tips for HOA Homeowners
There are 355,000+ homeowners’ associations (HOAs) in the United States. Every single one of them must abide by both state laws and the association’s guidelines. Additionally, there are also COAs or condominium owners’ associations. Both HOAs and COAs operate in the same way and for generally the same reasons; their goal is to protect the monetary value of all properties within their territory and enhance it whenever possible.
Are HOAs Good or Bad?
Some communities revere HOAs for their community lifestyle improvements and conflict resolution. Other HOAs cause disillusionment; they rob their communities of their ability to control their property, and some get paid for doing it. Sometimes HOAs are targeted wrongly for events in the community, but sometimes the HOA is part of the problem too.
Regardless of the type of HOA or COA active in your community, it can be beneficial to know some HOA tips if assessments (or fees) start to rack up and you need help. HOA owner tips are best-kept practices for a more robust and healthier relationship with your HOA.
- Take the time to read and understand your community’s Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, & Restrictions (CC&Rs). This document works like a Terms and Conditions for living in or renting an HOA property. The homeowner agrees to them when they become an HOA member. They also speak about all the guidelines in their community; thus, they are all individualized but member-binding.
- Many CC&Rs have clauses or sections discussing garbage and unsightly items in the community; some HOAs may require that their members use trash or recycling containers; other HOA guidelines may want rigid time frames for weekly trash collections. To know for sure what your community’s guidelines are for garbage and unsightly items, you’ll need to read your CC&R.
- Some HOAs have amenity features for their members. These can include communal access lifestyle features like maintenance landscaping, surveilled parking lots, swimming pools, tennis courts, or party spaces. For certain HOAs, their CC&R also speaks about if they will cover trash collection or removal services like Junk King. Knowing the exact services your HOA can provide will ensure that you can take full advantage of being an HOA member.
- Knowing if your HOA provides any community storage areas is also a good idea. These storage areas act as great resources for when you want to give something back to the community. Some of the most common items in these storage spaces include bikes, grills, couches, boxes, appliances, car parts, and golf clubs. Note: when the community storage becomes overfilled or filled with poor-quality items, the HOA may call on a professional junk removal service to clear everything out.
What is the Function of an Atlanta Junk Removal Company in an HOA?
There are a few reasons an Atlanta HOA might call a professional junk removal company. Like small businesses that call Junk King for everything from trash removals to equipment recycling, HOAs rely on junk removal in Atlanta for all the territory’s disposal needs.
The only junk and trash services the HOAs do not use through a junk removal company are weekly collection pickups. (And that’s because junk removers and weekly collection companies have separate tools, permits, and qualifications.)
HOAs choose to move with companies like Junk King because our professionals are highly trained, and our services are incomparable. With Junk King services, unsightly items can be removed the same day, while storage space clean outs are the greenest in the industry.
What to Expect When Working with Junk King?
Junk removal in Atlanta is broken up into a few classifications: junk removal company versus weekly collection company and business solutions or residential services. Junk King offers two distinct services for every residential homeowner and any HOA needs. (Small businesses may receive other amenities depending on location.)
Of the Junk King services available for homeowners, the most popular is to have their removal done with our self-service option. The Junk King self-service consists of a Junk King MINI dumpster rental, with a rental span of three to seven days.
The MINI dumpsters used by Junk King are unique; they are compact enough to sit in a residential driveway but have an interior of 12-cubic yards. Even though they are MINI, they can still handle multiple appliances and 99% of your home junk and trash. Self-service is an excellent option for homeowners who are physically able to handle removal or don’t want to pay for the more expensive package.
That more expensive option is the preferred choice of HOA removers and older homeowners. Full-service is Junk King’s most efficient and helpful solution; it consists of a Big Red Truck and a two-person removal crew. Our professional teams drive our Big Red Truck to your home, then fill it for you. All you need to do is point—and the junk is gone!
Big Red Trucks are enormous—they hold six regular-sized pickup truck beds worth of junk and trash. That means they are 20% larger than competitors at the same price. The downside to choosing the full-service option is that the removal must be done while our crew is there; that leaves no time for floundering with choices.
Why Choose Junk King as Your HOA Trash Removal Service in Atlanta?
Junk King is a uniquely equipped trash removal service for HOAs, COAs, property managers, and small businesses. Junk removals for HOAs can be difficult depending on how friendly a situation presents itself. In some cases, like removing unsightly items from a property that is lowering the value of the properties surrounding it, HOAs might find themselves on the outs with some homeowners.
Removing junk from a homeowner’s yard when they don’t want you to is difficult for everyone. Some junk removal companies may refuse to take a removal based on the circumstances it might create. Junk King combats this potential work hazard by fully insuring every professional remover in our employ. If an HOA is looking to remove clutter from Jerry’s front yard or work with a commercial garbage removal team, Junk King is the solution.
What is Included in the Pricing of a Service from Junk King?
The cost of service for any junk removal company will average in the $600 range. This is because there are situations like single item pickups, which can be as low as $99—while complex removals like pianos are closer to the $1000+ area.
The prices of service for Junk King are based on transparent and predictable pricing during the removal. Generally, this means a self-service average of $400-$600 and a full-service average of $600-$800. Prices are impacted not only by the service chosen but by the difficulty of the removal itself, the disposal of the waste, and the green aftercare that goes into every haul that Junk King takes.
Why You Should Use a Professional HOA Trash Removal Service
Apart from Junk King’s ability to assist HOA boards through dumpster rentals, curbside pickups, and comprehensive professional removals, Junk King is also the best solution for property changes or updates. Office relocations, moving, building stand-alone features, and more can all benefit from using Junk King’s resources.
Junk King will Remove Your Construction or Remodeling Debris
Any construction or remodeling must be within the guidelines of the CC&R signed by the homeowner. Some HOAs may have zero-tolerance policies about debris or extra construction materials sitting in the street overnight. Likewise, community projects may require certain cleanliness to protect the local environment. Either way, homeowners and HOA board members win when they choose to move with Junk King Atlanta.
Junk King is the Greenest Junk Removal and Trash Disposal Company
Noted as North America’s greenest junk removal company, Junk King provides an unusual amount of time to every load we haul. There is a company-wide commitment to seeing at least 60% of everything hauled be treated with green ideals; but Junk King North Atlanta aims to see 98% of everything hauled being recycled, reused, or donated. That means good news for the local thrift stores and amazing news for the local environment.
Call Junk King Today to Get Assistance Tomorrow
There are three ways to contact someone from Junk King and four to get a quote. When you choose to move with Junk King, junk removal and trash disposal are as easy as 1, 2, 3—just point, and the junk is gone!
- Stay online and explore your options with the custom-made Junk King pricing calculator. The process takes minutes and will give you guidance on how to move forward with the removal.
- Call our office at (706) 247-7513; from there speak with a professional estimator to receive a quote over the phone or ask to have an in person assessment of the junk.
- Or send us a text at (737) 888-5865 with a picture of the junk you want to remove. We’ll answer with an estimate by the end of the next business day.