Junk Removal Portland
Fast, eco-friendly junk removal in Portland
Meet the King of Junk Removal in Portland
Jason Edge, the owner of Junk King Portland, started his journey with Junk King in 2016 but says that the passion for recycling came much earlier. Jason drove with his mother for 10 miles from their rural Pennsylvania home whenever a big enough load was ready for dropoff at the local recycling center.
Jason remains passionate about recycling to this day, except that when he recycles, he prefers a big red truck!
Junk Removal In Portland is About Serving A Community Through Environmental Stewardship
Jason knew that he ultimately wanted to move to Portland, and he deliberated over finding a business that matched his values. There are plenty of business opportunities in the Portland Metro area, of course, but Jason wouldn’t stop until he found a company, not a huge company either, that shared his values and put the customer first. He found that in Junk King. When Jason talked to the CEO of Junk King, Michael Andreaccchi, he left impressed with Junk King’s dedication to customer service.
Delivering great customer service means providing exceptional value for local customers. ‘We have a great group of guys who have been with me since the beginning’ Jason explains. ‘We don’t have a lot of turnover because we just have fun’. While no two jobs are exactly the same, there’s an enthusiasm about the work at Junk King Portland and a commitment to really listening to the customer and finding out what each job needs: ‘there’s no company in the metro area that even comes close to what we provide when it comes to customer service’.
Blending a dedication to unparalleled customer service and environmental stewardship were crucial for Jason. Jason explains it like this: ‘The commitment to recycling and taking care of people’ were top priorities. ‘That’s really what it comes down to’. Recycling, repurposing, and donating wherever possible and providing the maximum value for Portland Metro area residents is what keeps Jason motivated. ‘There are so many people that just need strong guys with a truck’ to haul stuff away, at the end of the day’.
What It Means To Work With The Pros of Junk Removal in Portland
Jason and his team have the time, resources, and equipment to haul away bulky furniture, appliances, refrigerators, hot tubs and other kinds of residential junk in addition to the full range of commercial junk. Owner of Junk King Jason Edge sums it all up:
‘We pride ourselves on customer service and going above and beyond customer expectations.
Every job is important to us and it shows in the responses we receive every day.’
If you need residential junk removal or commercial junk removal then call 1-888-888-JUNK (5865) or book online and save $20. (If you go the online route, check out the online pricing tool.) Once your appointment is established, a Junk King Portland driver will call 15 minutes before the big red truck arrives at your property or workplace.
Jason’s team will do a walk through and determine the items that need to be removed before providing a cost estimate. If you agree on the estimate, then Jason and his team will immediately get to work and haul away your junk. It is actually that easy! ‘We typically, almost always, can do same-day service’, especially when receiving a call for junk removal before noon, says owner Jason Edge.
Residential Junk Removal In Portland, Oregon
Homeowners and renters all throughout the Portland area have a never ending need to get rid of their junk. Whether they’re downsizing, renovating or decluttering, Junk King Portland is here to help!
Junk King prides itself on being a full-service junk removal company. Owner Jason Edge says that, ‘oftentimes people want to bring it and put it in a big pile’, but ‘that’s what you’re paying us to do’.
The junk removal professionals at Junk King are experienced and have all the resources to safely haul away junk, even bulky furniture, out of your home and into the big red trucks. Consider booking your next appointment for:
- Furniture Removal
‘Whether it’s in the attic or basement … we’re professionals and we’ll take care of it’. Junk King Portland frequently separates items in the truck so that they can easily recycle, for instance, metal items at the warehouse and pack other items to dispatch at a nearby donation facility. It is all in a day’s work at Junk King.
- Television Disposal and Recycling
- Yard waste
Yard waste removal in Portland can include ‘organic’ waste like leaves, grass clippings, twigs, prunings, old shrubs, pots, gnomes, pumpkins, and branches. The huge trucks at Junk King Portland can easily handle these kinds of items. Old fencing and wood waste (e.g., wet logs) can also be quickly dealt with quickly.
- Hot tubs
Hot Tubs are one of those bulky items that are often neglected because many homeowners in Portland don’t know what to do with them, but once they are removed the sheer amount of space regained is celebrated. Check out this review from a homeowner who had the Junk King Portland crew remove their hot tub.
Approximately 80 to 90 percent of mattresses can be broken down and recycled, but finding a new home is often preferable. ‘What we want to do is provide the best options for our customers’ and ‘we’re able to save and donate or give to different organizations’, explains Owner, Jason Edge. Donating beds and mattresses in particular are priorities because these items can do major harm in landfills but major good if given to local charities and others who could use them.
Junk King is passionate about keeping junk, particularly electronic waste (e-waste) out of landfills to keep Portland’s air and water as clean as possible. Some items left in landfills can release methane into the air or leach harmful chemicals into the water supply. Check out the specifics and interesting facts about e-waste here.
Junk King Portland can haul away in-wall or window air conditioners, dishwashers and trash compactors, stoves and microwaves, washing machines and dryers, as well as no-longer-efficient water heaters. The junk removal professionals can take all kinds of kitchen, den, and office appliances. If you’re not sure if it can be hauled off, just give us a call.
- And much more!
Junk King is America’s #1 rated junk removal company and remains dedicated to taking care of the environment. Much of this commitment boils down to recycling, repurposing, and donating whenever and wherever possible.
If you need residential junk removal, call 1-888-888-5865 (JUNK) or book online and save $20. (If you go the online route, check out the online pricing tool.) You can also text a picture to Junk King Portland at 1-737-888-5865. Once your appointment is established, a driver will call 15 minutes before the big red truck arrives at your home.
One last thought to the homeowners out there from Jason, Junk King Portland’s Owner: “Save your Saturday! We can come in and take care of it for you at a fair price and get the job done quickly. Go golf, shop, and regain the time to do what you want; spend time with your kids and family, and let us take care of the junk in your life!”
Commercial Junk Removal in Portland, OR
Junk King owner Jason Edge does a lot of B2B work: ‘We work with everybody from apartment complexes as their preferred vendor to storage facilities, property managers, and various big buildings downtown.’ Some of these buildings are pretty expensive, so they have insurance requirements, and business owners need to know the job will be done correctly the first time.
Junk King Portland’s professionals are insured and committed to excellence.
Jason is also sensitive to the needs of businesses and realizes that ‘time is money’ in that a job that isn’t completed on time and efficiently can hurt a business’s bottom line. ‘If you can’t rent that apartment in a couple of days [because of junk piled up somewhere], you’re losing money’, Jason says. Clients move on, renters move out, and businesses need their junk removed as old technology is replaced by newer technology. That’s why Junk King Portland can help with the following:
- Office Furniture
- Commercial Equipment
- Commercial scrap metal
- Property Management Cleanout
- Storage Facility Cleanouts
- Foreclosure Cleanouts
- Construction debris
- And much more!
Junk King Portland Partners with Area Business Leaders
The important thing to bear in mind is that keeping a junk removal job ‘in house’ may not save you money. Why’s that? Because your employee’s time is actually an expense, and often a liability is everyone is not fully insured, as junk removal professionals are. When doing the jobs enumerated above ‘in house’, there are additional problems of finding a large enough truck and locating the right facility for disposal.
Junk King is committed to environmental stewardship and has the manpower and knowledge to get things done right the first time. Owner Jason Edge has forged relationships with local vendors, charities, and recycling centers so he knows ahead of time where, for instance, construction debris can be potentially recycled and where appliances might be donated.
Partnering With Portland Businesses in “Going Green”
In a typical haul, Junk King will recycle upwards of two-thirds of all items taken. Scrap metal recycling is becoming a business unto itself as iron, copper, aluminum, brass, and steel can often be put back into use; beams and wires can also find a second or third use elsewhere. Plumbing fixtures made of metal can also prove helpful for other manufacturers, and keeping these items out of landfills is always good.
How does a commercial junk removal company reuse, recycle, and repurpose?
- The crew start by separating out regular junk from recyclable materials as we load the trucks.
- Take it back to the warehouse and let the pro’s go to work—they know how to process metals, textiles, appliances, and old furniture so that it can be broken down in the most environmentally responsible way or even find a new home.
- Junk King Portland closely partners with recycling centers and many local charities to ensure the longest life for still-usable items, keeping items out of landfills.
If you need commercial junk removal, call 1-888-888-5865 (JUNK) or book online and save $20. (If you go the online route, check out the online pricing tool.) You can also text a picture to 1-737-888-5865. Once your appointment is established, a driver will call 15 minutes before the big red truck arrives at your property or workplace.
Junk King Portland can handle even the largest commercial junk removal jobs, including warehouse cleanouts and eviction cleanouts for property managers. Time is money, and working with us can help you gain more of both.
How To Work With Us
The best part about working with Junk King Portland is just how easy it is for residential and commercial clients to get started. Remember that we take about any kind of residential junk (e.g., couches, refrigerators, and yard waste) and commercial junk (e.g., office printers and warehouse junk)
There are four ways that you can get your job started. Choose whichever of these four works best for you and your schedule:
- No-obligation on-site pricing: This is a free option offered by Junk King, and it has proven the most accurate way to assess the manpower needed and specific pricing for a particular job, whether that’s residential junk removal or commercial junk removal. This is because Junk King Portland owner Jason Edge and his crew will be able to size up the particular job and exactly determine the kinds of equipment and trucks that may be needed to get it done correctly the first time out of the gate! Book your appointment online today here and save $20
- Online pricing estimate: Enter your zip code and include all of the specific items or approximate volume of the junk that you need hauled away, you will be given an estimate of the upcoming job! It doesn’t get much more convenient than that. Use the Price Estimator here.
- Text Junk King a photo: Texting a photo is perhaps the second-most accurate way of giving Junk King an idea of precisely what the upcoming junk removal will entail. Consider texting a photo of your items to 737-888-5865 today so that Junk King can size up the job and text back an estimate of approximately how much it will cost. Then wait for the big red truck to come to your property or place of business and receive a firm, no-obligation pricing on-site. Text us today!
- Call to talk to Junk King Portland staff: Feel free to call a customer service representative if you have additional questions or you need something cleared up before proceeding. We are available during regular business hours from 4:45 AM to 8:00 PST and 8 hours on Sunday. Because Junk King has such extensive experience, an estimate can be given directly from the call center if your next job requires hauling off four or more items.
After you choose one of the convenient ways to contact us, here’s what happens next:
- You pick a date and within a two-hour service window that works with your schedule,
- We show up to haul away your junk in Portland.
It’s that simple! Note: the junk removal professionals at Junk King Portland will call you 15 minutes before your selected time so that everyone is on the same page!
So, to recap, here are a few booking options:
- Call Junk King at 1-888-888-JUNK (5865)
- Text a picture to 1-737-888-5865
- Book your next appointment online
- Use Online pricing estimator
Junk King Portland is based around fair and transparent pricing. Owner Jason Edge explains that, ‘there’s no company in the Portland Metro area that even comes close to what we provide when it comes to customer service’. Free estimates and multiple ways to book your next appointment are a few of the perks of picking Junk King for your next junk removal job.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If it’s your first time booking a job with Junk King Portland, some of these common FAQ’s may be helpful to you:
- Are estimates free? We offer free estimates as a part of our service. Our Big Red trucks show up on time at your location and provide you with a free written estimate. If you’re happy with the estimate, in most cases we will haul our items right then and there. At Junk King we want your business, so no job is too big or too small.
- Does Junk King Portland do demolition? We do light demolition such as small sheds or fences but do not demolition anything that is connected to your building structure
- Are you similar to Got Junk? Junk King is the #1 rated service company in the United States. We operate all across the United States and into Canada, offering 20% larger trucks.
- What is curbside pickup? Leave your junk outside, on the curb, in a side yard, backyard, carport, and our professional crews will come by, pick up and haul away without ever making contact. You can even make payment over the phone.
- What are you doing to ensure safety during COVID-19? We take the health and welfare of our crew and customers very seriously. Here’s what we’ve been incorporating into daily operations to adapt to the new normal: We maintain a 6-foot distance from every customer. Our haulers can pick up curbside, never entering your home. You can send photos to the Junk King team for a touchless price quote. You can pay for our services over the phone to limit social exposure. Gloves, masks and hand sanitizers are provided on every truck used to protect you and our haulers.
Why Junk King Portland?
- Owner Jason Edge is ‘passionate’ about keeping as many items as possible out of landfills, where they can potentially harm the air quality by releasing methane or leaching chemicals into the soil.
- We are the go-to junk removal service company for a reason – namely, superior value, service, and effort. We have insured and experienced workers ready to handle your next residential or commercial junk removal. Check out our raving reviews!
- The sheer number and variety of items that we take also sets it apart. In terms of residential junk removal, Junk King can take large furniture, appliances, renovation debris, bookcases, yard waste, chairs, and desks. Proof that Junk King can handle just about any job is that they take huge refrigerators, hot tubs, and all kinds of construction debris.
- We are deeply committed to environmental stewardship, so whenever and wherever possible Junk King will look to recycle, reuse, repurpose, or donate items like beds and mattresses as well.
- We have formed partnerships with local vendors and recycling centers, which know how to handle recyclable materials like metal scraps from renovation projects. Jason Edge, owner, makes sure that appliances like computers and essentials like beds and mattresses are either donated to charities or recycled in a responsible way.
- Junk King has bigger trucks than many competitors, which means that you can have jobs completed more quickly and therefore at a much better price. Jason Edge ‘has a bunch of guys that have been with me since the beginning and the community loves them’.
- ‘We typically, almost always, can do same-day service’, especially when receiving a call for junk removal before noon, says Jason.