What is Junk Removal in Atlanta?
Junk removal comes in three different yet equally essential avenues for residents of Atlanta: self-directed, weekly collections, and professional services. Self-directed junk removal occurs when the resident chooses to take their junk to the local landfill. Weekly collections are junk removals that are usually collected weekly as part of a servicing agreement with the city. Alternatively, there are also professional junk removal services that take care of all of your removal needs immediately.
Professionals in the area typically handle Atlanta Junk Removal since the city limits self-directed removals and weekly collections cannot pickup certain things. Junk hauling companies will usually only hold two options for the resident or property manager to choose from:
- Dumpster rental: some companies also call this “self-service.”
- Auxiliary services: these services are heavy-duty assistance provided by professionals.
Regardless of the type of service your project requires, make sure to do your research before committing to the service provider. Knowing more about them will give you a better reference for what they can accomplish (and what they can’t).
You’ll also want to ensure you know what happens to your junk after it leaves your property. Look for the best deals by utilizing review websites and exploring custom-quoting options (like the Junk King pricing calculator).
How Atlanta Junk Removal Works?
Outliers aside, there are a few manners in which junk removal can be done. In addition to the aforementioned self-directed removal, weekly collections removal, and professional removal options, there are sub-categories within each group that reveal more about how junk removal is done for each.
For example, a large part of the self-directed removal is the dumpster rental, typically loaned out by a dumpster company. The process works by the individual calling a service provider, setting up an arrival date for their dumpster, then on that day, the dumpster arrives (with Junk King, within a specific two-hour window). After that, the dumpster sits in the same place until its removal date. This is always on an agreed-upon date, most commonly after 3-day, 5-day, or 7-day stretches. Once the dumpster is collected, you are given a price, and if you agree, they will take your junk away.
Weekly collections are the most familiar to the general resident, but their access to limited additional features in Atlanta is less familiar to the resident. Weekly collection services cannot take many items during their standard collections—however, they also provide limited bulk item pickup options. The city also provides all residents with a limited amount of free landfill options, after which a resident will start to be heavily fined. Further, the junk removed is going straight into the landfill—potentially helping to harm the environment.
In contrast, the professional removal company will come with their crew and removal vehicle, usually a large truck. The removal crew removes all the stuff you want and then takes everything back with them after they receive payment. After that, your junk gets sorted into various piles or sent to the landfill (depending on the removal company).
There are many options available to the Atlanta resident for junk removal, so by extension, there are also many options in terms of junk removal cost. The most budget-friendly option for most residents will end up being the weekly collection option—even though they are the less environmentally conscious and the smallest in terms of space. They will end up costing far more if the resident violates any of the strict rules on the pickups.
Apart from that, the self-directed and professional options will cost more at the time of removal. Atlanta Junk Removal companies will usually provide servicing that is either dumpster rentals or removal services—but that is not the case for Junk King.
Junk King North Atlanta and its sister locations, Cobb County and Gwinnett have been Metro Atlanta’s favorite junk hauling and trash removal service for over a decade. Part of that favorite status comes from our commitment to clear and transparent pricing, our promise to beat any written estimate, and our choice to use volume instead of weight when calculating prices. (That means you get more room to pack your junk into for a smaller price.)
5 Important Things to Know Before Hiring a Junk Removal Service in North Atlanta
The following is a quick guide on hiring a junk removal service:
- What is considered recyclable changes depending on the company. All removal companies have their own standard for what counts as being recyclable. Sometimes this means flip-flops get sent to a recycling center, while cardboard boxes are dumped into landfills. The more environmentally conscious your Atlanta Junk Removal service is, the better they will be at making the correct calls for recycling.
- Smaller removal companies may have difficulty with large or bulk items. A considerable rise in small removal companies has occurred in the last decade. They are usually good at providing one-on-one service, but they typically lack the resources that the big guys have. As such, situational cleanouts like estates are more difficult for them.
- Not all removal companies are able to recycle or process junk for recycling. Knowing a removal service provider’s aftercare is important to many people. After all, if one of the reasons you picked a service is that you want to be more eco-friendly, finding out that the service doesn’t do recycling is an issue.
- Reviews reign supreme in the service industry; pay attention to those. As with all customer-facing work, reviews are the supreme ruler of our industry. Reviews are the only way to get first-hand knowledge about other people’s experiences; remember to be skeptical of both the good and the bad.
- If a company doesn’t have many reviews (or a franchise location doesn’t), look up industry review websites like Angi or Home Advisor for unbiased opinions.
How a Junk King Can Help You Find the Right Hauling Company for Your Needs!
Junk King removal services are typically picked for assistance by people looking to get rid of their junk and trash—but what about if you don’t want to get rid of your junk? What if you’re looking to move to a new area? In times like these, you’re going to want to look for hauling companies specifically since ‘removal’ implies ‘getting rid of’ whereas ‘hauling’ means the desire to continue ownership. (Language is complex.)
In order to find the best servicer around your area locally, try putting one of these options into the search bar:
- Best hauling companies near me
- Hauling companies +Reviews 2022
- Best hauling North Atlanta +Recycling
- Hauling services +budget friendly +eco-friendly
5 Reasons Why I Love the Affordable and Quick Way of Doing Junk Removals with a Dumpster!
Any residential or property owner knows there is bound to be junk; there will always be junk. When it comes time for you to need some assistance with your Atlanta junk removal, pick the highest-rated service provider in the industry: Junk King. Among Junk King’s options for removal assistance, one of the most important is their self-service option, where a Junk King MINI dumpster is dropped off and picked up later—here are a few reasons why we love this service:
- The Junk King MINI is compact and heavy-duty! Unlike other residential dumpster rental companies, the Junk King MINI is small enough to fit into a residential driveway while being strong enough to handle multiple appliances and 12-cubic yards of junk.
- The Junk King customer service support is high quality and personable! Junk King was founded in 2005 on two premises: that junk removal could be more eco-friendly and that junk removal could have better customer service. Junk King has been the leading provider of both in the removal industry for almost two decades.
- Junk King provides service with the green movement in mind! That eco-friendly ideal has continued up to today and now marks the Big Red Trucks of Junk King with guarantees, promising at least 60% of every haul we do be recycled, donated, or reused.
- Junk King uses volume instead of weight to measure costs, saving me money! A lot of junk removal services will weigh your dumpster (or truck) after it has been loaded with stuff. If you do not fill the entire dumpster, you could lose services, paying a company for only a partial job. Junk King navigates around this by giving our clients costs based on volume. This gives you more room to get rid of the things you hate while saving you as much money as possible.
- Junk King has three ways to contact them and four ways to get a no-obligation, free quote!
- Call us at (706) 247-7513 to speak with world-class customer representatives. From here, schedule an in-person assessment and quote for your removal needs. Or ask to receive an estimate over the phone.
- Text us photos at (737) 888-5865 and receive a text with your estimate.
- Or stay online and get a quote in minutes using our pricing calculator.