Junk Removal Chicago Downtown
Fast, eco-friendly junk removal in Chicago Downtown
Meet the King of Junk Removal in Chicago Downtown
Hagen Kern has been the owner of Junk King Chicago Downtown since 2016. Junk King’s business model immediately appealed to Hagen, and he knew that he wanted to be self-employed and use his background in logistics and finance to succeed at Junk King. “When I considered it, the junk removal industry is mostly a logistical operation,” reckons Hagen.
The Business of Junk Removal Is A Logistics Lover’s Dream
Junk King Chicago Downtown owner, Hagen Kern, was initially attracted to the scalable nature of the Junk King business model and the fact that he could leverage his background in logistics and finance at Junk King.
Hagen’s career before Junk King involved controlling the logistics of complex supply chains in the automotive industry where he oversaw two manufacturing plants – one in Mexico, and another in Honduras.
From the beginning, the type of work that Junk King would demand appealed to Hagen’s sense of organizing labor towards better logistics. “There’s a labor component because most of our customers are not able to remove many of the items they need removed by themselves.” Supply chain logistics, internal logistics, and operational plant logistics are a sampling of the kinds of work that Hagen has successfully overseen prior to teaming up with Junk King.
Junk Removal is About Serving The Community of Chicago Downtown
Hagen continues to improve the logistics year-over-year as a Junk King franchise owner. After checking out the other franchises in the Chicagoland area, however, Hagen found that, “we at Junk King run our business very differently.”
“I’m very much focused on backend recycling and ensuring that problematic items are staying out of landfills here in Chicago,” says Hagen. “Good materials like wood, fabric, plastics, and metals should stay out of the landfill and get a second life in a different product.”
Hagen and his team really appreciate spending each day in Chicago Downtown and around the Chicagoland area. “You’re not stuck inside in an office every single day. It’s fascinating, and I have a higher appreciation for the diverse cultural influences of the city I’m a part of and get to help improve each and every day.”
Residential Junk Removal in Chicago
Junk King Chicago Downtown is a full-service junk removal company … and North America’s number-one rated junk removal service!
Being a full-service junk removal company means that there are multiple ways to book an appointment (online, phone, etc.) and that once your appointment is booked the only thing you will have to do is wait for a ‘big red truck’ to pull up before receiving an upfront estimate. Junk King Chicago Downtown does all the heavy lifting! You will only pay for the space that you actually use in the truck. This means that the cost savings for a smaller job will be passed on to the customer.
Related: Items We Take in Chicago Downtown
The When, What, and How of Disposing Your Residential Junk
“Moving out old, bulky furniture — that’s a skill set,” says owner Hagen Kern. You won’t have to lift a finger, climb up and down flights of stairs, or ever worry about damaging walls or property! Our trained team members will take care of everything for you.
People get new furniture all of the time, and that means that there’s a lot of old furniture that needs to be disposed, recycled, or otherwise removed from your home. Junk King has the resources and manpower to efficiently remove furniture from your home and dispose of it in the most eco-friendly way possible.
Junk King Chicago owner, Hagen Kern, says that he and his team always try to donate furniture wherever and whenever possible. The staff at Junk King are experienced, insured, and bonded so that you are fully protected.
Junk King takes all kinds of bedroom and office furniture from homes, including but not limited to:
- Sofa beds
- Filing cabinets
- And much more!
Junk King Chicago Downtown owner, Hagen Kern, says that, “a lot of people have TVs, mattresses, big couches, and, in case you didn’t know, a regular municipal trash service does not take that. That’s not considered regular waste.”
The crew at Junk King Chicago Downtown has experience dealing with bulky furniture items and donating mattresses. In fact, Junk King Chicago Downtown has hauled away upwards of 300 mattresses from a downtown Chicago hotel in the past, so they know exactly where the best recycling centers are for mattresses!
The fact is that many no-longer-wanted pieces of furniture can be donated to local charities or schools where they can make a big impact and be given a second life.
Related: How To Get Rid of Old Furniture
Many home appliances can obviously be bulky, so Junk King Chicago Downtown can help remove a number of residential appliances, including but not limited to:
- In-window or through-wall air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Wine chillers
- Garbage disposals
- Hot water heaters
- Trash compactors
- And more!
It is not uncommon to have a broken dryer or washer in your basement and not really know how to get rid of it. That is also true for a fridge that is broken or needs replacing in the near future.
Related: Yes, You Can Recycle Appliances!
Every few years the average Chicagoan will replace his or her phone, computer, television, etc. That creates a lot of waste. These electronics are made from materials that are best kept out of landfills, including potentially dangerous heavy metals like lead and cadmium.
Junk King Chicago Downtown is dedicated to recycling or donating electronics wherever possible. At Junk King Chicago Downtown you can have the following electronics removed from your home:
- Fax machines
- Copy machines
- Other e-waste
Related: E-Waste Disposal FAQS
Owner Hagen Kern has been in the junk removal industry for over five years, and has handled the logistics of large jobs for much longer than that. He can arrange for multiple trucks to arrive at your apartment, home, estate, storage, foreclosure cleanouts, and hoarder cleanouts. His staff will safely and sensitively handle the job.
Commercial Junk Removal in Chicago Downtown
Hagen Kern, the owner of Junk King Chicago Downtown, is finding that B2B work now accounts for nearly two-fifths of all junk removal jobs in the Chicagoland area.
Much of the commercial junk removal in Chicago involves “stores, storage facilities, and government facilities,” according to Hagen. Indeed, Junk King Chicago Downtown can handle all kinds of commercial junk removal, including but not limited to:
- Property management cleanouts
Realtors, real estate agents, and property managers in Chicago know that a cleaned-out property is much easier to sell, lease, or rent than a property choked with junk. Hagen Kern also realizes the challenges that downtown Chicago can pose:
“Chicago, in a sense, is unique, especially the downtown area for its density,” owner Hagen Kern says. He knows the area well and can negotiate issues like making appointments on time, even given the downtown traffic, as well as removing bulky items from high-rise apartments.
We understand that getting space cleared is essential if you plan to lease it to a new client in the future. Time is money and the longer spaces stay cluttered and unused, the more rent landlords miss out on.
- Commercial Scrap Cleanup
Iron, steel, aluminum, brass, and copper can all be recycled, and doing so helps to protect the environment for generations to come.
Building beams, wires, and construction debris are typically involved whenever businesses decide to rebuild, remodel, or relocate. Junk King takes all of these pieces of commercial scrap in addition to commercial appliances and plumbing fixtures, which may also contain recyclable metal materials.
Steel is actually still the most recycled material in North America, and Junk King is committed to recycling as much of it as possible since Junk King remains North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service.
Because many commercial products are made from aluminum, and recycling aluminum uses 90 percent less energy than making primary production aluminum, Junk King Chicago is dedicated to working with local metal recyclers to extend the lifespan of metals already out there in commercial use.
Metal items are separated out in the Junk King truck, making the trip to one of the metal recycling plants in Cook Countyas efficient as possible. Scrap metal recycling is hugely preferred to simply dumping metal items in landfills.
- Construction debris removal
Junk King Chicago owner, Hagen Kern, says that: “When we do construction debris, there can be a fair amount of wood, drywall, tile, and brick in there that needs to be separated out.” Once that is completed, Junk King Chicago can facilitate recycling 75% or more of construction debris.
- Office cleanout
- Storage room cleanout
- Warehouse Cleanouts
- Office furniture removal
- And more!
How It Works
Junk King is the number-one rated junk removal company in North America because of its dedication to customer service and how easy it is to book an appointment with Junk King. Junk King provides superior value, service and effort, which starts with making booking an appointment as easy as possible.
Junk King accepts just about every kind of residential junk and commercial junk except for hazardous waste. Junk King will also recycle, donate, repurpose, or reuse wherever possible. Items are separated so that they can be sent to the right recycling facilities and Junk King can remain North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service for decades to come.
Related: View Our Full Service Pricing Page
There are multiple ways to get started working with Junk King today. Each has its advantages, but Junk King is committed to extending its guarantee to beat any comparable written offer and delivering the best service in the industry no matter how you book your next appointment. Here are a few ways to get started:
- No-obligation, on-site pricing: This is a free option offered by Junk King Chicago Downtown, and it has proven to be the most accurate way to get an estimate of your next job. The reason is that we will actually be able to see the area that needs to be cleaned up and the items that need to be removed – this helps determine the time and resources required to get the job done right.
- Online pricing estimator: The online pricing estimator is a unique option offered by Junk King. By entering your zip code and choosing the particular items that you will need removed you can give us enough information to receive an accurate estimate of your next residential and/or commercial junk removal.
Junk King is dedicated to fair and transparent pricing. Simply navigate the process by using the online pricing estimator and book an appointment online. You can save $20 simply by booking online as long as your job comes to over $99.
- Text Junk King a photo: Do you know the items you need removed or the area that you need cleaned up? If so, then texting a photo to Junk King at 1-737-888-5865 might be the way to go! Junk King is committed to two-hour service windows and touchless, no-contact junk removal throughout the Chicago Downtown area.
- Call and talk to Junk King’s friendly staff: Junk King has customer service representatives waiting to answer your questions. This might be a good option to take if this will be your first time hiring Junk King for residential junk removal or commercial junk removal.
We are open from 7 AM to 4PM on Monday to Friday, and 7 AM to 3PM on Saturday. Feel free to call Junk King Chicago at 1-312-827-2717 today to book your next appointment.
Once you pick one of the four options above, you can choose a date and time tailored to your schedule. Junk King offers two-hour service windows so that you won’t be spending your day waiting for a service call. Instead, Junk King will provide a courtesy call when the Junk King truck is 15 minutes out from your property.
Junk King Chicago Downtown Frequently Asked Questions
Especially if this is your first time booking an appointment with Junk King Chicago Downtown, here are answers to a couple of our most frequently asked questions you may find helpful:
- Are estimates really free? Yes. Junk King offers free estimates as part of its service. After you book your appointment online or by calling Junk King, the ‘big red truck’ with the Junk King logo on the side will pull up to your property within the two-hour service window that you chose as part of the booking process. Junk King provides a free, on-site written estimate and further promises to beat any comparable written estimate to continue providing the best service in the junk removal industry.
- What are you doing to ensure safety during COVID-19? Junk King Chicago Downtown takes the health and welfare of the community very seriously, and that involves the safety of customers and the crew at Junk King. Hagen Kern, owner of Junk King Chicago Downtown, specifically mentions that his crew uses “masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers.” We are also committed to maintaining 6-feet of distance from customers.
Customers may also choose to send photos to the Junk King team for a touchless price quote. Services can be paid for over the phone to further limit social contact during the pandemic.
Why Junk King Chicago Downtown?
We serve residential and commercial customers throughout the Chicago Downtown area and beyond. This means that owner of Junk King Chicago Downtown, Hagen Kern, and his experienced team serve the downtown area as well as the immediate suburbs, such as Oak Park, Maywood, La Grange Park, and Brideview, Illinois.
Hagen and his crew know how to find exactly the right people and resources for any given job, but here are a few other reasons why Junk King Chicago Downtown is the go-to professional service provider for junk removal:
- No job too small or too big. Hagen and his team have previously taken 300 mattresses and other large items out of a downtown hotel. These items were responsibly recycled. Even if you only have two items (e.g., a couch and a television) Junk King can efficiently haul those items away as long as you live within the Chicago Downtown service area.
- Junk King provides on-site written estimates and promises to beat the competition! The Junk King guarantee means that Junk King will beat any written estimate from comparable competitors. In this case, that means a competitor which is committed to going ‘green’ like Junk King and one whose workers are insured and bonded like Junk King’s as well.
- Junk King is the number-one rated junk removal company in North America and dedicated to providing superior service, value and effort. Part of that means offering two-hour service windows and multiple ways to book appointments, including calling Junk King at 1-888-888-JUNK or texting a photo of the items you need removed to 1-737-888-5865.
- Junk King Chicago Downtown can take almost every kind of residential junk or commercial junk; everything except hazardous waste can be hauled away. Learn more here.
- Junk King’s trucks are 20% larger than the competition, but you will only pay for the space that you use. Rival companies will charge you for the entire truck. Don’t believe it? Check out this visual!
- Junk King has a great reputation with an online rating of 9.8/10 based on over 60,000 reviews from satisfied customers. Winner of the 2013 Super Service Award from Angie’s List, Junk King Chicago Downtown has racked up a number of reviews from satisfied customers. Vince Grover from Chicago found that, “the gentlemen were efficient and quick” while Jason Allen from Chicago found that, “the team was quick, efficient, and pleasant.” Junk King is a five-star company on Yelp.
The crew is dedicated to excellence in every way and each worker is insured. Junk King Chicago Downtown is committed to keeping the community safe and as clean as possible. Learn how we do that by checking out our blog for tips, stories, and related news here.
Call Junk King or text a photo of the items you need removed today. On-site estimates are always free!