With Christmas just around the corner, many homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Inland Empire, CA will most likely be searching for the best ways to clean up their homes and businesses after the holiday rush is over. After hosting family and friends, opening an enormous amount of gifts, or putting on parties/events for your employees or customers, there is obviously a lot of clean-up to do. In this short article, we´ll briefly take a look at some of the surprising statistics regarding the amount of waste we accumulate during the holiday. We will then explain why Junk King of Inland Empire is the best option for holiday waste removal in Inland Empire and the entire Inland Empire region.
A Few Surprising Statistics on Holiday Trash Accumulation
The holidays are a time for spending time with family you don’t get to see often enough, reflecting on the past year, and treasuring the friendships that make life worth living. It is important to note, however, that the holidays are also a time of an enormous amount of waste accumulation. According to one estimate, between the dates of Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, the total amount of trash produced in the United States increases by an estimated 25 percent. To put those statistics into better perspective, the celebrations, parties, and meals that characterize the holiday season come with the “price tag” of an extra one million tons of garbage each week. Unfortunately, the majority of those food leftover, unwanted gifts, wrapping paper, and cardboard boxes get sent directly to the dump where it takes up valuable space in our region´s already overcrowded landfills.
Consider a few of these other surprising holiday waste statistics:
- Our holiday shopping sprees lead to an additional $11 billion worth of packing material and about 227,000 miles of wrapping paper that is thrown away after Christmas morning each year. Packaging material is already one of the most ubiquitous forms of waste that ends up in landfills, and that amount grows exponentially during the holidays.
- Every year we send about one billion Christmas cards to the trash each year. Considering the fact that it takes about one full-sized tree to make 3,000 Christmas card, about 33 million trees are cut down each year to make the paper for the cards we send out!
- An additional 15 million used Christmas trees are also sent to the curb shortly after the New Year begins.
- Every holiday season, American consumers purchase over 38,000 miles of ribbon for decorating gifts, enough to tie a fancy bow around the entire planet. Similarly, if every American family wrapped just three presents in reused materials (think old newspaper), that would save enough paper to cover 45,000 football fields with that wrapping paper.
Thankfulness is one of the most important values associated with the holidays, and being thankful for the gifts that the natural world gives us should be an important part of the season. Finding ways to reduce our holiday waste footprint, then, is another way to showcase the true holiday spirit. Sending out e-cards for Christmas, for example, is one example of how you can reduce demand for raw materials during this holiday season. For people living in Inland Empire, CA, relying on Junk King of Inland Empire to help you with your holiday cleanup is another way to help the planet and reduce the burden on our landfills.
The Advantages of Hiring Junk King for your Holiday Waste Removal Needs
For most people, cleaning up after the holidays generally amounts to simply bagging up all of the junk laying around the home and taking it out to the curb. Due to the extra stress on waste management systems during the holidays, this often means that you´ll have to wait several days (or even weeks) for all that junk to eventually be hauled away. Unfortunately, most of that waste most likely gets sent directly to the dump.
If you don’t have the time or energy to meticulously sort through all of your holiday junk and determine what can be recycled or donated, hiring Junk King of Inland Empire is most likely going to be your best alternative. For over a decade now, we have been offering the most efficient, affordable, and environmentally friendly junk removal service to homeowners and businesses in the Inland Empire area, including the communities of:
- Inland Empire
- Blue Ridge
- Lake Dallas
- Little Elm
- Pilot Point
- The Colony
When you hire us for your holiday waste removal needs, our junk removal teams are capable of doing all of the heavy lifting and hauling for you. Instead of spending hours carrying heavy bags of junk, dried-up Christmas trees, and other types of holiday waste, simply let our junk removal professionals know what junk items you want to be taken away, and we´ll do the rest.
We are also proud to be the most affordable junk removal company servicing the City of Inland Empire, CA. Our junk hauling trucks are significantly larger than other companies. Because we charge by volume (or the amount of space your waste takes up in our trucks), we are almost always able to offer the most competitive pricing on the market. Our company is fully licensed, insured, and bonded, so if an accident were to occur, we will respond for any damage that might have been caused during the holiday waste removal process.
Furthermore, when you hire us for your holiday waste removal needs in Inland Empire, you will also be getting the most environmentally friendly option on the market. Our junk removal teams sort through all of the junk items that we pick up to determine what can be donated, recycled, or otherwise repurposed. In the specific case of holiday waste, we know that some of those unwanted gifts can be easily donated to charities, thrift stores, and other similar businesses. We also work with recycling organizations to keep other types of holiday waste out of landfills.
When you hire us for your holiday waste removal needs, you can also take advantage of our visit to get rid of other types of junk you might have laying around your home or yard. We can help you get rid of virtually any type of junk item as long as it is not classified as toxic waste.
How to Hire Junk King of Inland Empire for your Holiday Waste Removal Needs in Inland Empire
Providing our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing is one of the hallmarks of our company and we even offer your four different ways to get a free estimate for your holiday waste removal needs:
- On-Site: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job. Our on-site cost estimates are free and come with no obligation on your part.
- By Phone: You can also call 1-888-888-JUNK or live chat with our highly trained customer service representatives.
- By Text: If you can take a photo of your items, text us at 737-888-5865, and we will text you back an estimate.
- Online: Or, for a pricing estimate online, simply click the “Pricing” tab in the navigation above, scroll to pricing estimator, enter your zip code, and choose estimate “By List Item” or “By Truckload.”
Our free estimates are offered as a part of our service to you and the final price, with no obligation, will be provided by our trained technicians on site. Call us today for the most efficient, safe, and eco-friendly way to clean up your home or business once the holidays are over!