Junk Removal Chicago West Suburbs
Fast, eco-friendly junk removal in Chicago West Suburbs
Meet the King of Junk Removal in Chicago West Suburbs
Matt Schmit became the owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs in 2015 after a successful career in commercial real estate. Matt joined Junk King because he was passionate about growing his own business and helping the environment through recycling, repurposing and giving back to the community of Chicago.
Another driving factor in terms of Matt’s decision to become the owner of Junk King was the emphasis on stellar customer service. As the number one rated junk removal company in North America with a dedication to superior value, service and effort, Junk King proved a perfect fit for owner Matt Schmit.
“I love the service business”, explains Matt. “I felt the skills I had developed with my business background and service background could translate to working at Junk King and interacting with customers.” The fact that no two days were the same and Junk King offered fresh challenges every time out was very appealing to Matt.
The Business of Junk Removal is About Serving Chicagoland and Offering “Green” Solutions
Matt Schmit, seized the opportunity to couple friendly customer service with a commitment to the environment and ‘going green.’ Matt’s location has a large service area covering the western and southern suburbs of Chicago, including large swaths of DuPage County. “It’s a great area,” says Matt.
Matt strongly believes that creating a positive working environment for his employees translates into a higher quality of customer service. “We want to provide top-of-the-line customer service by understanding each customer’s diverse needs, situations, and priorities.” Matt strives to meet and exceed high service standards, day in and day out. His consistently strong customer reviews indicate he is succeeding.
Matt’s very happy with his current Junk King crew, from whom he demands they give “a hundred percent customer service, every time they walk into a job.” Junk King offers individuals and businesses the peace of mind of getting rid of their unwanted goods and waste through sustainable and/or charitable channels without adding unnecessarily to our landfills. Virtually the only kind of item that Junk King doesn’t accept is hazardous waste.
Residential Junk Removal in Chicago West Suburbs
Getting rid of junk can be extremely challenging, but with Junk King you’re never alone. Homeowners, renters and business owners from all over the western and southern suburbs of Chicago have already chosen Junk King Chicago West Suburbs for removal of furniture, appliances, electronics, yard waste, regular trash removal, and much more.
The When, What & How of Residential Junk Removal
The owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit, finds that “people love the whole process” of being able to conveniently book an appointment online and select a two-hour service window for residential junk removal. “We rarely get less than a five-star review,” says Matt Schmit. “They always say the whole process was easy.”
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can assist with furniture removal, appliance removal, electronics removal, and much more. Matt and his crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can help with moving, estate cleanouts, storage cleanouts, foreclosures, and hoarder cleanouts as well. Junk King continues to provide superior value, service and effort.
Many homeowners are surprised to find out that their old mattresses and couches cannot simply go in the municipal trash. Landfills may not even take all furniture items because of the potential environmental impact of doing so.
Fortunately Junk King can take a variety of different furniture items and recycle and repurpose wherever possible. Junk King Chicago West Suburbs takes the following types of furniture:
- Filing cabinets
- Tool units
- And much more!
“Whether the furniture is broken or not, most furniture can be recycled,” says Matt Schmit. “They have a process at the recycling center, which is anything but crush and carry to a landfill.” Junk King Chicago West Suburbs actually recycles up to 60% of the residential junk that it takes – that’s part of the reason Junk King is North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service.
Related: How to get rid of old furniture!
Many appliances like water heaters, refrigerators and washer/dryer units can weigh hundreds of pounds and be extremely difficult to move. These heavier appliances can require enlisting many friends to help with moving them up/down potentially many flights of stairs. Heavier appliances may also require the use of a special vehicle to get it to the landfill.
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs has the equipment and experienced crew to handle all kinds of residential junk removal, including hauling away cumbersome appliances. Why risk hurting yourself and harming the vehicle used to move these appliances? Junk King has the ‘big red’ trucks, now 20% larger, to haul away the following appliances:
- Through-wall or in-window air conditioners
- Large freezers
- Water heaters
- Other appliances!
Instead of worrying about safely moving these heavier appliances or driving to the landfill yourself, consider giving the Junk King call center to book an appointment for residential junk removal. Since Junk King is America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service, you can also feel good knowing that Junk King Chicago West Suburbs will recycle the steel, aluminum, brass, copper, and vinyl which these appliances are frequently made of.
Electronic gadgets can contain harmful heavy metals, such as lead and mercury, which are best kept out of landfills. “Televisions are a big issue because they can’t go into the landfills,” says owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit. Instead Matt and his crew will bring televisions and other potentially harmful electronics to a transfer station, from where the electronics are safely recycled.
Here are the electronics that Junk King West Chicago takes:
- DVD players
- CD players
- Other types of e-waste
Electronic waste, also known as e-waste, is what electronics are technically termed when they have reached the end of their useful life and are ready for disposal. Junk King removes the following kinds of electronic waste so that the parts from your old electronics can be melted down, responsibly recycled and used for other products.
Related: E-Waste Disposal FAQs
Mowing lawns, pruning shrubs, or removing weeds from your home can create a lot of yard waste, which Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can easily haul away for you.
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs accepts both ‘organic’ and ‘inorganic’ yard waste in terms of residential junk removal. This means that whether you predominately have grass clippings, shrubs, and bushes (‘organic’ yard waste) or fencing, shingles, and yard art (‘inorganic’ yard waste), Junk King can help.
Here are a few kinds of ‘organic’, also known as biological, yard waste that Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can take:
- Grass clippings
- Wood chips
- And more!
Junk King also accepts the following kinds of ‘inorganic’ yard waste:
- Corrugated iron
- Yard art
- And more!
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can handle small demolitions, if you need a shed demolished and hauled away. “We do small demolitions like shed removal and hot tub removal” and … “that’s probably about 95% of what we do in terms of demolitions,” says owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit.
Upcoming moves or cleaning out an entire property can be stressful enough without having to worry about all of the logistics yourself. Contact Junk King Chicago West Suburbs for full-service residential junk removal.
Matt Schmit and his crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can handle jobs of only a few items or ambitious estate and hoarder cleanouts. In fact, owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit, remembers doing an estate cleanout which required 25 truck loads! No job is too small or too large for Junk King!
Commercial Junk Removal
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs is a full-service junk removal service that helps both residential and commercial clients. Because many waste management services and municipal pickups will not handle extremely large items or certain electronics, Junk King Chicago West Suburbs has become a trusted resource for homeowners and business owners in the Chicago Suburbs, particularly DuPage County.
Chicago is home to three dozen and counting Fortune 500 companies and hundreds of thousands of small businesses. Many of these companies and small businesses have moved, or are moving, out to the West Suburbs to get more space and more freedom.
Moving or relocating a business or shoring up space for the next tenant opens up a lot of doors. When it comes to cleaning out your property, the crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can assist in a number of ways:
- Office Cleanouts
Once you’ve decided that you’d like to get rid of your current office furniture, perhaps give it an update, then there’s still the issue of how to get rid of it all prior to donating or selling all of it. Whether you’re looking to donate, sell, or simply responsibly dispose of old office furniture, you can count on the crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs to do all of the heavy lifting.
- Commercial scrap pickup
Commercial trash bins are only so big, and many of these larger items (e.g., printer copiers or freezers) can contain a lot of usable scrap metal. Larger office equipment and appliances are often melted down and repurposed into new items; sometimes there can be as few as 60 days between the time a scrap metal, such as aluminum, arrives at the recycling center to its getting melted down and put back on the, say, grocery store shelf as another product.
These and other metals can be recycled. “Regular garbage often won’t take these items because of the cost,” says Junk King Chicago West Suburbs owner, Matt Schmit. “We take it to a place that recycles it properly.” That goes for beams, wires, and other construction debris metal that might be associated with demolition debris, remodeling debris, or new construction debris. Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can help in a B2B capacity in all of these areas.
- Storage Facility Cleanout
There are over 50,000 self-storage facilities in the United States, and each of these facilities has on average over 500 units apiece. There is a huge demand for a junk removal service to come in and clean out units and haul away all of the junk left behind by older tenants. As a full-service junk removal service, Junk King can assist businesses with storage facility cleanouts and warehouse cleanouts.
- Property Management Cleanouts
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs owner, Matt Schmit, now handles literally hundreds of junk hauls per month. If you have a commercial property that is vacated and in need of a full or partial cleanout, then call on Junk King to shore up the space and get the property ready for leasing to another tenant.
A property is only worth something to a potential tenant if it is cleaned out and ready for leasing. Every day or every month that a property stays vacant, property managers and real estate agents are missing out on those opportunities to rent and lease. Junk King can assist realtors and other real estate professionals bring a property closer to a ‘showing’ condition by cleaning out the junk left behind by a previous tenant or junk left behind because of a recent foreclosure.
- And much more!
There’s a pretty good chance that your municipal trash pickup or even the dumpster outside of your workplace will not ‘work’ when it comes to getting rid of large office equipment. A few dozen desks, huge wall organizers, or an army of filing cabinets will simply not fit into a single dumpster, but Junk King can help.
Handling commercial junk removal ‘in house’ can seem like a good idea initially, until you realize that your employees are being taken away from the jobs which they were hired to do. Only Junk King has the special equipment and ‘big red’ trucks to get the job done efficiently and safely – the entire Junk King Chicago West Suburbs crew is bonded and insured to give you ultimate peace of mind.
Related: What is commercial junk removal?
Partnering with Chicago West Suburbs Businesses in ‘Going Green’
Since Junk King is America’s greenest junk removal service, you can feel good knowing that all of your commercial junk could be eligible for recycling. Junk King recycles iron, steel, aluminum, brass, and other kinds of commercial scrap metals. Plumbing fixtures from demolitions, remodelings, or remodelings could be recyclable or repurposed for another commercial application.
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs is proud to claim that it recycles up to 60% of every commercial junk haul. This environmentally responsible recycling process is greatly facilitated by separating out regular junk from potentially recyclable material in the truck itself. Doing so enables similar items to be grouped in the same piles at the Junk King warehouse.
After that, recyclable items from commercial junk hauls, such as commercial scrap metals, will be sent to the nearest recycling center or given to a local charitable organization. Metals, textiles, appliances, and old furniture contain parts, at least, that can always be recycled, reused, or repurposed, thus keeping the landfills in the Chicago suburbs free from unnecessary waste.
How to Work with Junk King Chicago West Suburbs
Junk King has amassed thousands of positive reviews, most of them five stars, largely due to how easy it is for homeowners and business owners to work with Junk King.
Related: Check out our Google Reviews here.
As a full service junk removal service that handles virtually every kind of residential junk removal and commercial junk removal (except hazardous waste!), Junk King can help businesses with items that are otherwise too large for municipal pickup (e.g., warehouse junk) and homeowners with bulky appliances (e.g., refrigerators), yard waste, and other awkward projects (e.g., small shed demolitions and hot tub removal).
There are four convenient ways to get started with Junk King today. Feel free to choose any of the options below that work for your needs and schedule:
- No-obligation on-site pricing: Many first-time Junk King customers are pleasantly surprised to discover that Junk King offers on-site pricing at absolutely no cost to customers. This means that Junk King will come out to your property and provide you with a firm written offer 100% guaranteed to beat out valid competitor’s written offers.
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can continue offering this innovative service because of the experience that the crew has racked up and the fact that they know precisely how much each job will cost based on previous junk hauls. Accurate pricing depends on knowing how many trucks and how much manpower the prospective job will require, and Junk King has that expertise and experience.
- Online pricing estimator: By simply entering your zip code and providing a few more pieces of information you can be well on your way towards getting an accurate estimate for your next junk haul project. That means that you can estimate the cost of, say, an office cleanout or garage cleanout simply by telling Junk King your zip code and the items that you need removed. Alternatively, the online pricing estimator can get to work if you provide the estimated volume your items will ultimately require in the Junk King truck(s).
Junk King’s online pricing estimator continues Junk King’s commitment to fair and transparent pricing. Once you have your pricing estimate from the online pricing estimator and book your appointment, Junk King will come to your property and provide a firm written offer, which will enable the crew at Junk King Chicago West Surburbs to get started the same day that the offer is accepted in the vast majority of cases.
- Text a photo to Junk King: Texting a photo of your next junk removal project to 1-737-888-5865 is another convenient way to get started working with Junk King. Simply take a photo on your phone of an area in your garage that needs a few items hauled away or take and text over a photo of a condo, warehouse, or office that needs cleaned out before it can be leased again.
After you do that and book an appointment within a two-hour service window, the only thing left to do is wait for that courtesy call 15 minutes before your Junk King driver arrives at your home or workplace to provide a firm written estimate. Simply agree to the written estimate and the crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs can get to work that day in most cases.
- Call to talk to Junk King staff: Especially if this is your first time working with Junk King, feel free to call Junk King to discuss exactly what the process will entail moving forward. Call Junk King Chicago West Suburbs at 1-847-852-4222 or book your next appointment online to save $20 on orders of more than $99. Junk King West Chicago Suburbs is open from 8 AM to 5 PM Mondays to Fridays and 8 AM to 3 PM on Saturdays.
Junk King can also be reached at 1-888-888-JUNK. Junk King wants your business and is committed to offerign the best customer service in the junk removal space.
After you choose one of the four convenient options above, then you simply do the following:
- Select a date that works for your schedule and a two-hour service window
- Wait for Junk King to swing by and haul away your junk!
It is really that simple. The junk removal professionals at Junk King will call 15 minutes out from your stop so that everyone is on the same page.
Junk King continues to be the number-one junk removal service in North America because of its commitment to superior value, service and effort.
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs Frequently Asked Questions
Particularly if this is your first time working with Junk King, the following list may be helpful. Feel free to check out the official list of Junk King’s frequently asked questions by clicking on this link.
- Are estimates really free? Junk King offers free estimates as part of its service. Junk King Chicago West Suburbs does hundreds of jobs every month, so you can expect an efficient process all the way around. Junk King will show up at your property within the date and two-hour service window that you specify then provide a free, no-obligation written estimate.
Once you agree, Junk King can usually get to work immediately. Junk King wants your business so no job is too small or too large. Junk King Chicago West Suburbs owner, Matt Schmit, once completed a job that required loading up 25 truckloads worth of junk. Alternately, many residential junk hauls only require removing three or four items, and that’s OK as well.
- Does Junk King Chicago West Suburbs do demolitions? Junk King Chicago West Suburbs handles small demolitions, including sheds and fencing. (While Junk King has the resources to handle small demolitions, the crew will not demolish anything actually connected to the building structure itself.) Once the demolition is complete, Junk King will haul away yard waste like fencing, sheds, or even hot tubs.
- Is Junk King the same as Got Junk? These are two different franchises operating in North America, but only Junk King is the top-rated junk removal service. Junk King now operates with trucks that are 20% larger, which means fewer trucks will be needed for the same size job. Cost savings and convenience is always passed on to the customer!
- How does curbside pickup work? Curbside pickup works like this: the crew at Junk King Chicago West Suburbs will come by your home or workplace and pick up junk left by the curb, backyard, side yard, or carport for the crew to haul away. Simply designate the spot where you want the pickup to occur – no need to even be home since payment can be handled over the phone for more safety and convenience.
- What safety measures are being taken with COVID-19? Junk King takes public health extremely seriously. Junk King Chicago West Suburbs owner, Matt Schmit, and his crew are committed to following the latest CDC guidelines, e.g., the right level of social distancing and wearing protective masks around customers. (Photos can even be sent to the team at Junk King for a touchless, no-contact price quote.) Gloves, protective masks, and hand sanitizer are being used to protect customers, junk haulers, and the community in equal measure.
Why Junk King Chicago West Suburbs
Junk King Chicago West Suburbs owner, Matt Schmit, remembers back to starting out with Junk King in 2015 with only 3 employees. At that time, the Chicago West Suburbs location was only handling a few dozen jobs a month, but now that same location handles hundreds of residential and commercial junk removals every single month, thanks largely to forming relationships in DuPage County and servicing over 50 neighborhoods in the west suburbs.
Matt Schmit, the owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, has also handled huge jobs that require 25 truckloads in terms of junk removal. So, Junk King can handle any size job efficiently. Below are a few more reasons you might want to choose Junk King for your next residential or commercial junk removal:
- Junk King is rated the number one junk removal service in North America. “We rarely get less than a five-star review,” observed the owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit. Junk King has a 4.9 out of a possible 5 stars in terms of official customer reviews. Junk King is rated a 5-star company by Yelp and won the Angie’s List Super Service Award back in 2013.
- Junk King has a dedication to ‘going green’ in every possible way. Up to 60% of every residential or commercial junk haul is recycled. “Television, mattresses, and other items that regular garbage removal won’t take … we take it to a recycling center that responsibly recycles those items.” These items can contain scrap metal, such as steel and aluminum, which can be recovered, melted down, and reused elsewhere.
- Junk King will take just about everything except hazardous waste. That means that Junk King will take large appliances, yard waste, hot tubs, large office equipment, and responsibly recycle appliances.
- Junk King offers unparalleled customer service. The owner of Junk King Chicago West Suburbs, Matt Schmit, says that he tells his employees that, “if you can’t give a hundred percent customer service, every time you walk into a job, then you can’t work for me.” There’s bound to be a learning curve with new employees, but only a 100% in terms of customer service is acceptable at Junk King.
- The process of booking an appointment is extremely convenient. Call 1-888-888-JUNK or book online to save $20 on orders of more than $99. Junk King offers no-obligation written estimates with a 100% guarantee to be lower than all valid competitor’s offers.