Junk Removal North Chicago
Fast, eco-friendly junk removal in North Chicago
Meet the King of Junk Removal in North Chicago
The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, began his career as a commodities trader but always had a passion for salvaging, recycling, and repurposing. This made Armen a great fit for the Junk King franchise.
Armen holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois), so Chicago is a community that he knows well. Armen’s Junk King location at North Chicago services the North and Northwest suburbs of Chicago, an area where Armen grew up: “I enjoy the area, I enjoy the people. I grew up here. There are affluent areas and blue-collar areas and everything in between. People are happy to see you, so it makes the job enjoyable.”
The Business of Junk Removal is About Solving Problems
Some have wondered how one could go from industrial engineering to junk removal – Armen says that the Junk King business model and the commitment to a green business structure made intuitive sense to him from the start of his journey with Junk King.
Armen’s background in industrial engineering also lends itself to problem solving and explaining problems so that everyone is on the same page: “When someone has something to get rid of and doesn’t know where to start, I enjoy not only explaining how our service can help them but I can give them insight on other things they can do to reach their goal.” In other words, Armen understands customers’ needs and can explain the big picture as well.
As the first Junk King franchise owner in Illinois, Armen Kholamian greatly enjoyed the process of figuring out junk removal and building up a customer base through offering great service. “Really the way to learn is to go out and do it,” explains Armen. Armen adds that he “really enjoys interacting with people,” and the feeling is mutual because homeowners and business owners are cleaner and have more space thanks to Junk King.
Junk King takes about every kind of residential and commercial junk, except for hazardous waste. “It’s a full-service junk removal company,” says Armen. Armen and his crew can handle virtually any size job.
Being able to deliver this high-quality service means picking and retaining the right crew. “I have a core group of guys that have been with me for years. I could trust them with anything.” Although some junk hauls can be difficult, Armen finds that “with a smile on your face, nothing’s a problem” and that “it works out better for the customer that way.”
Residential Junk Removal in North Chicago
Junk King is the number-one rated junk removal company in North America and committed to providing superior value, service and effort. Since Junk King is also North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service, you can feel good about hiring Junk King for residential clean-ups or full cleanouts.
Cleaning out, say, an attic or garage can seem like a tremendous hassle, but doing so has huge upside in terms of the space that will be available after a professional junk removal. “Customers have stuff they want gone, and my crew make it happen for them,” says owner Armen Kholamian.
Junk King North Chicago can help homeowners tackle small jobs, junk hauls of only a few items, or large jobs, such as basement and/or garage cleanouts. Armen and his crew will haul away almost any type of residential junk, except for hazardous waste.
Related: Items We Take in North Chicago
This means that you can rely on Junk King to haul away heavy appliances, electronic gadgets, and even yard waste and hot tubs. Junk King will even do small demolitions of, e.g., sheds and hot tubs, as long as whatever you want hauled away isn’t physically connected to your building structure at any point.
Typically when a renter or homeowner acquires a new piece of furniture, they need to get rid of the old to make room for the new. Junk King understands this and can haul away a range of bulky furniture items, including tables, couches, and bookcases.
Junk King will take all of these items and more. Check out the list below to see the kinds of items that Junk King can haul away and do its best to responsibly repurpose, recycle, or donate:
- Sofa beds
- Night stands
- Tool units
- Filing cabinets
- And much more!
Municipal trash will often not take these larger furniture items, which may contain volatile organic compounds and other materials that should be kept out of landfills, recycled, or repurposed. Getting these items out of your home can be challenging enough without having to worry about whether a landfill will accept a mattress.
Related: How to get rid of old furniture!
Large appliances like washing machines, dryers and water heaters definitely will not last forever. Depending on the upkeep, these appliances can need replacing in eight years or less. Energy-efficient appliances have also tempted many homeowners to replace their appliances with more energy-efficient alternatives.
Below is a list of residential appliances that Junk King North Chicago takes. Remember that Junk King takes all types of residential junk and appliances – essentially everything barring hazardous waste. That means that Junk King takes the following appliances:
- Through-wall air conditioners
- In-window air conditioners
- Space heaters
- Washing machines
- And much more!
Renting a vehicle and hauling these bulky appliances away yourself is no fun. Refrigerators or water heaters can weigh hundreds of pounds apiece. Hire an experienced junk removal company to handle all of the heavy lifting for you by contacting Junk King at 1-888-888-JUNK.
A staggering 50 million tons of electronic waste is produced every year. Junk King is committed to bringing that number down by ensuring that more electronics are recycled, repurposed, or donated. The goal is keeping more of these electronics out of landfills, where they can harm the environment.
With all of that in mind, Junk King North Chicago can take the following types of electronics, including but not limited to:
- DVD players
- Cell phones
- Fax machines
- And more!
Responsibly recycling or repurposing electronic waste can wind up saving a lot of resources since there are, for instance, about 18 tons of copper, 3.5 tons of silver, and 75 pounds worth of gold that can be recovered from old cell phones.
Instead of throwing electronics like cell phones and televisions in the trash, consider calling Junk King instead. Junk King is North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal company and committed to keeping more electronics out of landfills.
Related: E-Waste Disposal FAQs
Junk King hauls away both ‘organic’ and ‘inorganic’ yard waste. Here’s a list of ‘organic’ yard waste, also known as biological or compostable waste:
- Grass clippings
- Wood chips
- And more!
Junk King also can help homeowners have ‘inorganic’ yard waste hauled away. (A lot of ‘inorganic’ waste can actually be recycled as scrap metal.) ‘Inorganic’ yard waste can include items like:
- Corrugated iron
- Yard ornaments
- Hot tubs
- And much more!
Junk King is truly a full-service junk removal company and can do cleanouts of entire homes and apartments. The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, and his team are courteous and handle every job efficiently. Call Junk King at 1-888-888-JUNK (5865) or book online to save $20 on orders of more than $99.
Commercial Junk Removal in North Chicago
There are about 10 million people in the Chicagoland area, and the city of Chicago is home to dozens of Fortune 500 companies as well as hundreds of thousands of businesses. All of this means that Chicago is a hub of business activity and there are millions of people leasing and renting property every year in Chicago and the north suburbs.
Junk King has the resources to help businesses clear out spaces, whether that is a cleanout out of an apartment to get ready for the next renter or hauling away many truckloads of junk from a warehouse. The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, and his team offer a number of B2B services in terms of commercial junk removal, including:
- Office cleanout
- Property management cleanout
Renters are constantly shifting around, as property managers in Chicago and the north suburbs fully understand. The problem is that vacated or foreclosed-on properties can contain a lot of junk that needs to be handled before the space can be rented out to the next person.
- Storage facility cleanout
Self-storage facility managers have their entire livelihoods centered around rented units and having units ready for rental. Unfortunately, defaulted leases can create a problem by leaving a lot of junk behind. A lot of these items may even be unsold at auction. The solution is hiring Junk King to clean out one or multiple storage units so that you can get back on track.
- Warehouse cleanout
- Commercial scrap pickup
Junk King takes many items that contain commercial scrap metal, such as: iron, steel, copper, aluminum, and brass. Construction debris and demolition debris frequently contains high levels of these scrap metals, which Junk King does its best to responsibly recycle. Beams, wires, and plumbing fixtures can also contain recyclable scrap metals.
- Construction debris removal
New constructions or remodelings can leave behind a lot of unwanted junk, including old wood, insulation, and bricks. Construction debris can also include fixtures, appliances, and packaging. Junk King can help remove all of these items, even the stuff that won’t fit into a rented dumpster or get hauled away by the municipal garbage service.
- Remodeling debris removal
- Other B2B services!
Many businesses are tempted to economize wherever possible, which sometimes means attempting to handle commercial junk removal ‘in house’. The problem with that strategy is that your employees were likely not hired to do this type of heavy lifting, and they are likely not insured and bonded for junk removal as Junk King’s workers are.
Going about commercial junk removal in the most efficient way possibly by hiring Junk King for your next commercial junk removal can enable you to save a lot of time and money, thus enabling you to rent out the space sooner than you would be able to otherwise.
Junk King has the trucks and manpower to handle the job right away, and Junk King also has formed relationships with local metal recyclers and charities so that old items can be recycled as scrap metals and still-usable items can be donated.
Related: What is Commercial Junk Hauling?
For business owners and property managers, the decision to outsource commercial junk removal is huge. Clearing, loading, and hauling away junk from numerous apartments or a warehouse can take dozens or hundreds of hours without a professional junk removal service with the right equipment and trucks to handle the job efficiently.
Partnering with Junk King North Chicago is ‘Going Green’
Junk King North Chicago is proud to recycle up to 60% of every commercial junk haul. The crew at Junk King North Chicago starts by grouping similar items in the truck itself so that, for instance, items containing scrap metal can be piled at the Junk King warehouse. Once a pile is large enough, it is destined for the metal recycler!
Choosing Junk King, North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal service, will wind up saving you time, money and energy. By cleaning out a space, you will be able to utilize it more fully or rent it out to the next person. Contact Junk King at 1-888-888-JUNK or book an appointment online and pick a two-hour service window to put you one step closer to a no-obligation, on-site written estimate.
How to Work With Junk King North Chicago
The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, and his hard-working team take almost every kind of residential or commercial junk – everything except hazardous waste.
That means that if you’re a homeowner you can count on Junk King for removal of appliances, electronics, or yard waste, and businesses can rely on Junk King for removing heavy office equipment or clearing out storage units and large warehouses, etc.
Related: View Our Full-Service Pricing Page
Working With Junk King Is Easy
There are four ways to get started working with Junk King North Chicago. Choose the one that works best for your schedule or your business needs:
- No-obligation, on-site pricing: This is a free service offered by Junk King, and this option is the ideal way to receive an accurate estimate. Once you pick a date and two-hour service window, Junk King will come to your home or workplace and determine the exact cost of the junk haul. Once you agree to the written estimate, which is guaranteed to beat out valid competitors’ offers, Junk King can get to work!
- Online pricing estimate: By entering your zip code to ensure that you’re within the service area and providing a few more pieces of information you can be well on your way to getting an estimate. The online price estimator will provide you with fair and transparent pricing once you enter the items that you would like removed or the approximate volume in the truck that your next junk haul will ultimately require.
- Text Junk King a photo: If you know the area that you need cleaned up or the items that you need removed, then you can receive an accurate estimate of your next junk haul by texting an image to 1-737-888-5865 today. Junk King now offers ‘touchless, no contact’ junk removal so that you can safely and efficiently have all unwanted items hauled away. You can even pay online or over the phone!
- Call to talk to Junk King North Chicago staff: Speaking with a customer service representative can be helpful if this will be your first time using Junk King or if you would like more information about the junk removal process. Junk King North Chicago is open from 8 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Friday and 8 AM to 2 PM on Saturday. Feel free to call Junk King North Chicago at 1-847-807-3449.
Once you have selected one of the four options above, then you simply have to:
- Pick a date and two-hour service window that works for you and your schedule.
- Wait for a courtesy call 15 minutes out from your selected time!
Junk King North Chicago Frequently Asked Questions
You may find the following FAQs below helpful, particularly if this is your first time using Junk King. The full, official FAQ list can be found here.
Are estimates actually free? Free on-site estimates are a complimentary part of the Junk King experience. Once the Junk King truck shows up at the time and two-hour service window that you’ve selected, a Junk King employee will have a look around and provide a free, on-site, no-obligation written estimate. The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, and his trusted team are committed to fair and transparent pricing.
What type of junk do you take? Junk King takes almost every imaginable kind of residential and commercial waste – everything except for hazardous waste. Appliances, electronics, bulky furniture, construction debris, and much more are included among the items that Junk King hauls away for customers.
Is Junk King the same as Got Junk? Junk King is a franchise which was founded in 2005 and today includes over 100 franchise locations in North America. (The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, was the first to open and operate a franchise location in Illinois.) Junk King is North America’s top-rated junk removal company and offers trucks that are now 20% bigger, so that customers can save more and junk hauls are more efficient.
What is a ‘curbside pickup’? The idea behind ‘curbside pickup’ is allowing customers to leave their junk in a designated area, e.g., out by the curb, in a side yard, backyard, or carport, and have a Junk King employee pick it up and haul it away at a time of the customer’s choosing. You don’t even need to be home to take advantage of ‘curbside pickup’. Payments can be made online or over the phone.
Are safety precautions being taken for COVID-19? Absolutely. Junk King takes the welfare of its employees, customers, and the community extremely seriously. That’s why Junk King is committed to following the latest CDC guidelines and offering ‘curbside pickup’ to customers throughout the north and northwest suburbs of Chicago. “We have found ways to make it work,” says the owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian. Gloves, masks, and hand sanitizers are still being used and all Junk King employees follow social distancing guidelines. Payments can now be made over the phone as well.
Why Junk King North Chicago?
- Junk King is the number-one rated junk removal company in North America and is dedicated to providing superior value, service and effort.
- Junk King North Chicago takes virtually every type of residential and commercial junk (except hazardous waste). Junk King takes bulky appliances like refrigerators and water heaters and can handle huge jobs like warehouse and storage facility cleanouts.
- The owner of Junk King North Chicago, Armen Kholamian, has a trusted team around him and remains committed to responsive customer service. Armen explains it like this: “I have a core group of guys that have been with me for years. I could trust them with anything.”
- Junk King North Chicago recycles up to 60% of every junk haul. Similar items are grouped together in the Junk King truck so that piles can be created in the warehouse and eventually sent to, for instance, local scrap metal recyclers.
- All of Junk King’s employees are insured so that you can have peace of mind knowing that your home or workplace will be fully protected.
- Hiring Junk King for commercial junk removal is good for business. Handling junk removal ‘in house’ can be inefficient and unsafe for your employees. An office space, apartment, or storage facility is most profitable when the spaces are leased or empty so that they can be leased quickly. Junk King helps with office cleanouts, apartment and estate cleanouts, and storage facility cleanouts.
- Junk King’s trucks are now 20% larger, and the cost savings from this efficiency are passed on to customers.
- Junk King can do small demolitions and enable you to get rid of things like old fencing and hot tubs. Junk King will demolish small sheds and haul them away, but the crew at Junk King cannot demolish anything connected to a building structure.
- There are multiple ways to book an appointment with Junk King, including calling 1-888-888-JUNK (5865), texting a photo to 1-737-888-5865, or booking online to save $20 on orders totalling more than $99.