Junk Removal Minneapolis
Fast, eco-friendly junk removal in Minneapolis
Meet the King of Junk King of Minneapolis
Ed Fogarty has been the owner of Junk King Minneapolis since 2012. Ed has always been passionate about environmental stewardship and remembers being inspired as a high school junior by an accounting class he took. The class cemented Ed’s decision – he wanted to run his own business!
After taking more business courses at the University of St. Thomas and working at a number of different businesses, Ed realized that he could make his dreams a reality by opening his own business. Ed obtained a business degree from the University of St. Thomas and initially decided to go into accounting. “I was a CPA and auditor before I went to a private contracting company. I was a chief financial officer before I decided to venture out on my own and answer the call of working with Junk King.”
How Ed’s Reign of Junk Removal Began In The Twin Cities
The business model at Junk King made sense, and Ed immediately responded to the fact that Junk King “could be environmentally friendly and green to the planet” as well. In addition to enabling Ed to start his own business and help the environment, Junk King would allow Ed to help the city of Minneapolis by providing a needed service: “You were helping people, you were serving the community. You were helping people get through a project, an issue, or a problem they were having. I love that about Junk King.” Junk King Minneapolis now provides residential and commercial junk removal to the following areas:
- Belle Plaine
- Circle Pines
- Cottage Grove
- Eden Prairie
- Inver Grove Heights
- St. Paul
The idea that you would run your own business, help people, and benefit the environment in the process resonated with Ed Fogarty and inspired him to team up with Junk King. Ed was sold on Junk King’s philosophy of recycling or donating 60% of their haul. The green philosophy of Junk King made the decision to become a business owner so much easier. Ed believes that in joining Junk King he can help his community and help preserve the environment.
Junk King has been providing green junk removal services since it was established in 2005 in Silicon Valley, California. Ed Fogarty remembers back to exploring various businesses and becoming intrigued with the Junk King business model and philosophy. Eventually this process culminated with a face-to-face meeting with Junk King in California. “I came away from that meeting feeling wonderful about it: they were great people that I could work with.”
“From there it just continued to progress. We sealed the deal. Junk King is doing great things in the world and it is thrilling to be growing a very exciting company,” says the owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty.
The Greenest Junk Hauling in Minneapolis and Surrounding Area
The promise of helping the environment in general and the Twin Cities and surrounding suburbs was a strong motivator. Ed says that he has a “great group of people” working alongside himself in this mission, including his own staff at Junk King Minneapolis and other franchise owners who provide a network of advice and encouragement. There’s a strong sense of mission and camaraderie working with Junk King. “It’s kind of like a family,” Ed says.
Ed is extremely passionate about helping the environment and engaging with the community. Before partnering with Junk King, Ed coached wrestling. Now he’s helping the community to wrestle with environmental issues. Ed’s journey with Junk King has been very fulfilling to this point, and he’s proud to be with a growing company that is rated the number-one junk removal service in North America.
Residential Junk Removal in Minneapolis
Junk King is a full-service junk removal service that has a track record of helping homeowners and renters quickly get rid of junk. There’s no job too small or too big for Junk King. Junk King Minneapolis can help by picking up a few items (e.g., an old dresser and mattress) or help you with full garage and attic cleanouts, for instance.
Removing junk from your home can be viewed as both a challenge and an opportunity. Obviously removing items one by one takes time, and somebody has got to do it. Junk King has the trucks, the manpower, and the proper equipment to efficiently remove even the bulkiest pieces of residential junk, such as large appliances (e.g., water heaters) and even yard waste (e.g., hot tubs).
Related: Items We Take in Minneapolis
The When, What, and How of Residential Junk Removal Minneapolis
The owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty, gets a huge amount of satisfaction from enabling homeowners to declutter their homes and shore up more space: “It’s really an enjoyable thing to do. You get to see the Twin Cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as the suburbs even more beautiful with environmentally conscious residential junk removal.” Ed and his crew recycle or donate 60% of every residential junk haul.
Junk King Minneapolis takes a huge variety of residential junk, including but not limited to: furniture, appliances, electronic waste, yard waste, and construction or remodeling debris.
Whether you have recently purchased new furniture, you’re simply downsizing, or you’re in the process of moving and need to get rid of old furniture, Junk King is here to lend a hand. The crew at Junk King Minneapolis is incredibly experienced, professional, and courteous … and everyone at Junk King is insured so that you can have ultimate peace of mind.
Junk King now has trucks that are 20% larger, which means that each stop that Junk King makes can be much more efficient, with greater cost savings for customers. Below is a list of examples of furniture items that Junk King will haul away and responsibly recycle or donate:
- Sofa beds
- And more!
Some of these items can contain materials that are not good for the environment (e.g., mattresses may contain VOCs) or either cannot or should not be allowed to waste away in landfills. Another snag that homeowners may experience is that these items are frequently not accepted by regular municipal trash. Fortunately, Junk King takes them all!
Related: to get rid of old furniture!
Larger residential appliances, such as water heaters and refrigerators, can weigh hundreds of pounds. This is where Junk King is an especially valuable resource for homeowners. Junk King has a 9.8/10 online rating based on over 60,000 reviews, so most people who use the service are extremely pleased they did so.
A professional junk removal service is clearly the right choice for thousands of homeowners in the Twin Cities. Assuming homeowners could somehow get an appliance that weighs hundreds of pounds safely out of their home without doing damage, there’s still the matter of ensuring that the landfill will take it and somehow getting it there. That might require a special vehicle, rental fees, and possibly working with local recyclers if you wanted to ensure your disposal didn’t harm the environment.
Junk King Minneapolis already has the resources to haul away large appliances and partnerships with local metal recyclers to ensure that, for example, scrap metals are responsibly dealt with. Junk King’s trucks can easily handle and haul away the following residential appliances:
- Through-wall air conditioners
- In-window air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Large freezers
- Washing machines
- And much more!
Appliances can have a life expectancy of only five or ten years with medium to heavy use. You can count on Junk King Minneapolis to haul away these appliances when they fail or need upgrading to more energy-efficient alternatives. The aluminum, steel, vinyl and other materials that these appliances are composed of can frequently be recycled by Junk King as well.
Related: What is appliance removal?
Like recycling batteries, recycling electronics can prove a head-scratcher if you’ve never done it before. Junk King accepts and does its best to responsibly recycle electronic waste, such as:
- DVD players
- Video game consoles
- Other e-waste!
Electronic waste is usually generated from electronics that have reached the end of their useful life. Although cell phones, for instance, are replaced every few years on average, they contain a lot of precious and semi-precious metals that can be recovered if recycled properly. A million cell phones contain over 17 tons of copper, 75 pounds of gold, and 33 pounds of palladium.
“We have the ability to donate or repurpose items that are still functional, and recycle or responsibly dispose of everything else,” explains the owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty.
Related: E-Waste Disposal FAQs
Yard waste can include everything from grass clippings to a hot tub. Fortunately, Junk King can help homeowners get rid of both kinds of yard waste, the ‘organic’ kind of yard waste such as grass clippings and the ‘inorganic’ kind of yard waste such as fencing and hot tubs. Below are examples of each type of yard waste.
‘Organic’ or biological yard waste can typically be composted, and can include items like:
- Grass clippings
- Wood chips
- And much more!
Junk King Minneapolis will take just about every imaginable type of residential junk, except for hazardous waste. This includes things like:
- Corrugated iron
- Yard art
- Hot tubs
- And more!
An upcoming move or foreclosure can be stressful enough without having to worry about clearing out the space. Feel free to call 1-888-888-JUNK (5865), text a photo of the residential junk you need hauled away to 1-737-888-5865, or book an appointment online to save $20. Junk King Minneapolis continues to offer free, on-site written estimates, still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing. Reach out to Junk King today for residential junk removal.
Commercial Junk Removal in Minneapolis
Two dozen Fortune 1000 companies are presently headquartered in the Twin Cities – Minneapolis and the St. Paul metropolitan area. There are literally hundreds of thousands of smaller businesses who downsize, upgrade their equipment, merge, or outright move every year, so efficient junk removal is a critical service.
Waste management services and large industrial dumpsters may not be enough to handle the kinds of waste frequently produced by companies. Large office equipment, wall organizers, or rows of filing cabinets will quickly overrun the capacity of commercial dumpsters, and municipal trash frequently will not accept these items.
Junk King remains the number-one rated junk removal company in North America partly because it is truly full-service and works with homeowners and businesses to haul almost every kind of item away – everything except for hazardous waste, that is. Junk King Minneapolis can help businesses by offering the following services:
- Office cleanouts
Office furniture removal in Minneapolis, such as large desks and credenzas and filing cabinets, can be difficult to move or responsibly dispose of. Many business owners are also surprised to discover that they can sell, donate, or recycle old office furniture. This means that you can hire a professional junk removal to have your old office equipment hauled away and make money or help the environment in the process!
- Property management & Foreclosure cleanouts
Realtors, real estate agents, and property managers understand the frustration of having a great property in an attractive location but not having that property in a ‘show’ or ‘salable’ condition.
The problem might be as simple as too much junk being crammed inside. There often is not enough incentive for the previous homeowner to clean out the place, so the burden effectively falls on the realtor, real estate agent, or property manager. Junk King works with other businesses and can do entire estate cleanouts and foreclosure cleanouts.
- Storage facility cleanouts
There are perhaps 60,000 storage facilities in the United States, and many of these storage facility managers have similar issues to realtors dealing with foreclosed-on homes, namely: What should be done with the junk left behind? Junk King Minneapolis can enable storage facility managers and storage unit renters to quickly get rid of junk in self-storage units.
- Commercial scrap pickup
Commercial scrap in Minneapolis frequently contains beams, wires and other construction metal debris as well as recyclable scrap metals, such as iron, steel, aluminum, copper, and brass. These can all be recycled and put back into the system, thereby doing more with the materials at our disposal and protecting the environment.
- Construction debris removal
Junk King can help businesses cleanout warehouses or cleanup after a new construction, demolition, renovation, or remodeling. Construction debris can actually wind up containing a lot of salvageable scrap metal, granted you know what to look for and there are local metal recyclers nearby!
Junk King Minneapolis owner, Ed Fogarty sums it up in this way: “I think it is important to do as much as we can with the materials we have on Earth, right?” As Ed sees it, “we are borrowing the Earth for a while,” and there’s a responsibility to future generations.
- And much more!
Junk King’s Commercial Junk Removal Service is Cost-Effective
In a very real monetary sense, having junk removal done on an ‘in house’ basis can actually double the cost since employees are having their time spread thin by being taken away from regular work. This means that productivity inherently goes down compared to hiring out to a professional junk removal service, which has the manpower and resources to handle any job efficiently.
The owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty, was himself a CPA before teaming up with Junk King, so he understands the numbers aspect of most businesses. The fact is that the wages and lost time of employees has to be factored in to the cost of going about commercial junk removal on an ‘in house’ basis; it is oftentimes much more affordable to simply hire a professional junk removal service – with experience, insured workers, and the right equipment – from the start.
Businesses Who Partner with Junk King Minneapolis are ‘Going Green’
Another benefit of working with Junk King is that the entire team at Junk King Minneapolis is passionate about keeping the Twin Cities in particular and the environment in general clean. “It’s really an enjoyable thing to do,” explains owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty. “You get to see the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) and our suburbs remain beautiful.” That’s what it is all about.
How to Work With Junk King Minneapolis
Many satisfied customers have found that the best part of working with Junk King is the convenience and the variety of items that Junk King takes. Virtually the only thing that Junk King doesn’t accept is hazardous waste. Junk King Minneapolis owner, Ed Fogarty, and his experienced crew accept everything from large residential appliances and electronic waste to construction debris and gigantic office equipment and office furniture.
There are four convenient ways that you can get started working with Junk King Minneapolis today. Feel free to choose whichever option below works best for you and your schedule:
- No-obligation, on-site estimate: This is still the most accurate way to receive a 100% guaranteed written estimate. It actually works like this: The crew at Junk King Minneapolis will come to your home or workplace and have a look around. This will enable the crew to assess the needed manpower and resources for the job ahead. Ready to get started? Consider booking an appointment online – pick the date and two-hour service window that works for you – to save $20 on orders of more than $99.
- Online pricing estimator: A truly innovative service that Junk King continues to offer is the online pricing estimator. By entering your zip code to ensure that you are in the service area and providing a few more pieces of information you can be well on your way to receiving an estimate of the upcoming job! You can choose to have your upcoming job estimated based on A) the actual items you need hauled away or B) the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
- Text Junk King Minneapolis a photo: Texting a photo to Junk King Minneapolis is a quick way to receive an estimate of an upcoming residential or commercial junk haul. Simply text your photo(s) to 1-737-888-5865 so that the crew at Junk King Minneapolis can assess how many resources will be needed to, for instance, clean out an attic, garage, self-storage unit, or even an entire warehouse. Once Junk King provides an estimate, all you have to do is wait for the ‘big red’ Junk King trucks to arrive and provide a firm, no-obligation price for the job ahead. In most cases, Junk King can get to work the same day!
- Call to talk to a friendly Junk King staff: A customer service representative is ready to take your questions. This is a particularly good option to select if this is your first time using Junk King because you can get an explanation of the entire process or find out how much time it will all take. Junk King Minneapolis services the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) area and surrounding suburbs. Junk King Minneapolis is open from 7 AM to 4 PM Monday to Friday and 8 AM to 3 PM on Saturday. Feel free to call Junk King Minneapolis at 1-612-345-9058.
Once you have selected one of the four options above, here’s what happens next:
- You select a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule
- Junk King will show up and take away your junk.
It is that simple! The crew at Junk King Minneapolis will provide a courtesy call 15 minutes out from your location. As the owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty, says: “When we leave, so does your junk.” That’s because Junk King is truly a full-service junk removal service in terms of hauling and responsibly disposing of virtually any kind of residential or commercial junk.
Junk King Minneapolis Frequently Asked Questions
If this is your first time booking an appointment with Junk King, then you might want to check out the frequently asked questions below. The official list of Junk King’s frequently asked questions (FAQs) can be found by clicking here.
- Are estimates really free? Junk King Minneapolis continues to offer free, no-obligation, written estimates as part of its core service. If you are satisfied with the estimate that the crew at Junk King Minneapolis provides after having a look around your location, then in most cases the process of junk removal can start right there, on that day. Junk King wants your business, so there is no job too small and no job too large. Junk King will happily take a few items from a garage (e.g., an old bike and a toolbox) and can handle full warehouse cleanouts.
- Does Junk King do full demolitions? That depends – Junk King will handle small demolitions as long as the demolition doesn’t involve anything that is part of the building structure. The owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty, and his crew says that he has demolished small storage sheds before, and that these frequently contain wood and metal that can be recycled or repurposed: “We will look at tearing those down for you,” says Ed.
- Is Junk King the same as Got Junk? Junk King is North America’s ‘greenest’ junk removal company and also North America’s top-rated junk removal service. Junk King has tens of thousands of satisfied customer reviews, partnerships with local recycling centers and charities, and trucks that are now 20% larger. This translates into cost savings for residential and commercial customers alike.
- What exactly is ‘curbside pickup’? Curbside pickup works like this: Leave you junk by the curb or in your side yard, backyard, or carport and the experienced crew at Junk King Minneapolis will come by and haul it away for you. There is no need for you to be home. Simply pick a date and two-hour service window, designate the area, and the crew at Junk King Minneapolis will get to work. You can even handle your payment over the phone.
- What safety measures are being taken during COVID-19? Junk King takes the health and welfare of Minneapolis – the community, Junk King’s staff, and every customer – extremely seriously. Junk King is committed to following the latest CDC guidelines on social distancing as well as using gloves, hand sanitizer, and masks. Feel free to text a photo to 1-737-888-5865 for a ‘touchless, no contact’ price quote!
Why Junk King Minneapolis?
The owner of Junk King Minneapolis, Ed Fogarty, is passionate about the environment, customer service, and delivering the highest quality junk removal. Junk King Minneapolis presently provides residential junk removal and commercial junk removal services to the following areas:
- Belle Plaine
- Circle Pines
- Cottage Grove
- Eden Prairie
- Inver Grove Heights
- St. Paul
Junk King Minneapolis stands apart from the competition by taking almost every type of junk – virtually everything except for hazardous waste. Large appliances and electronic waste can be hauled away from residences, and Junk King can handle foreclosure cleanouts and warehouse cleanouts for businesses as well.
Junk King remains the number-one rated junk removal company in North America and has over 100 franchise locations in the United States and Canada. Junk King is an established company – founded back in 2005 – with a proven track record.
Junk King Minneapolis continues to offer free, on-site written estimates, still the best way for us to give you our lowest pricing.
Ed’s crew recycles up to 60% of every residential junk removal or commercial junk removal and explains the aggregate impact that this can have: “You get to see the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) and our suburbs remain beautiful.”
Junk King workers are courteous and insured. The entire staff at Junk King is also dedicated to keeping the community safe and ‘touchless, no contact’ junk removal during these times. Call, text, or book online to stay in contact with Junk King. You can now pay online or over the phone with Junk King.
Junk King will continue to offer on-site, no-obligation, free estimates. In most cases, Junk King Minneapolis can get to work the very same day.