Dealing with millions of tons of waste on a yearly basis is certainly one of the most perplexing problems facing local and regional governments around the county. In the State of Delaware, roughly 3.15 million tons of solid wastes were estimated to be generated in 2008, with 2.05 million tons estimated to be diverted for recovery and 1.1 million tons disposed at DSWA landfills and the Delaware Recycled Products Incorporated landfill. That amount has only increased over the past decade.
Here in the Wilmington area, there are several challenges facing our waste management systems. Below, we take a quick look at some of the serious problems affecting our waste industry. We then explain how Junk King of the Greater Philadelphia is one of the best alternatives available to homeowners, business owners, and other residents of Wilmington are looking for the most efficient and environmentally friendly junk removal service on the market.
Waste Management Issues Affecting People in Wilmington
As we mentioned above, dealing with millions of tons of solid waste is always going to present several challenges. Within the past decade, however, the area around the City of Wilmington, Delaware has experienced several specific challenges to their waste management systems. Consider the following recent issues:
- Due to administrative oversight, it was recently discovered that the City of Wilmington, DE had been providing free waste and recycling collection to 97 commercial accounts for more than 20 years, costing city taxpayers an unknown amount of money over that period. Now that these commercial accounts will be finally paying for their trash removal (like the rest of us), the City expects to save at least $200,000/year.
- The City of Wilmington has a recycling diversion rate of just 16 percent, which is significantly below the national average.
- In 2014, a major composting facility was forced to close its doors due to constant issues with odor complaints, Notices of Violation from the State of Delaware, and complaints about plastic and glass contamination in the compost. The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, in the face of permit violations, refused to renew the facility’s permit, thus shutting down operations.
- As landfill space grows increasingly scarce, one dump near Wilmington is seeking a “vertical expansion” to extend its life for another decade. The landfill is located close to several low- and middle-income communities, and the company wants permission to increase the dump by 60 vertical feet.
How Junk King can Help with all your Junk Removal Needs in Wilmington
The combination of administrative problems, a low recycling and waste diversion rate, unsanitary waste management facilities, and the growing landfill scarcity crisis are just a few of the symptoms of the serious problems affecting our City´s waste management industry.
Fortunately for residents of Wilmington and the surrounding area, Junk King offers an efficient, easy, affordable, and environmentally friendly way to deal with large amounts of trash and bulky junk items. We are the leaders of recycling-based junk removal in the Wilmington area, and are proud to have an environmental ethic at the heart of business model.
After several years of operation, our junk removal teams have developed an extensive network of relationships with thrift stores, donation centers, recycling businesses, charities, and others who might be able to take on your old junk, refurbish the items, and thus keep them out of our already over-burdened landfills.
Furthermore, when you hire Junk King for any type of junk removal service, we offer the absolute best customer service on the market. We know that getting rid of bulky items such as old furniture and appliances can be a difficult and cumbersome ordeal, especially for people who don’t have a pickup truck and a trailer to haul the items away on their own.
For that reason, we are 100 percent committed to helping all of our residential and commercial clients get rid of their excess junk in an extremely easy, efficient, and environmentally friendly manner. When you hire us for any of your junk removal needs, we will do all the heavy lifting and towing. You simply have to let us know where the junk or trash items are located and we will do the rest. Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, we also offer no-contact service, meaning that you never have to physically interact with our junk removal technicians.
Additionally, we are proud to be able to offer our customers “fair and transparent” pricing, which is one of the hallmarks of our company. Whether your regular trash service is delayed and you have a collection of trash bags building up in your garage, or you are replacing your living room furniture, we are here to offer the most cost effective way to deal with that excess junk. We even offer your four different ways to get a free estimate:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your car junk on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at l 888-888-JUNK. Our customer service representatives can offer you a pricing estimate and help you plan the logistics of removing your car junk from your property.
- Text us a Photo: Also, you can simply take a photo of your car junk and text us at 737-888-5865. We will promptly text you back a transparent price estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the type and size of the car junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk away!
Besides being here to help the individuals, businesses, and residents of Wilmington, we also offer our top-rated junk removal services to other communities in the greater Philadelphia area, including Ambler, Ardmore, Aston, Avondale, Bala Cynwyd, Berwyn, Blue Bell, Bridgeport, Brookhaven, , Broomall, Bryn Mawr, Chadds Ford, Chalfont, Chester, Norristown, Philadelphia, and West Chester. Call us today for all of your junk removal needs!