What do you get when you combine extremely fast population growth and higher standards of living? You generally get a healthier economy, more financial opportunities…and more trash. Here in Fort Worth, Texas, we had an estimated population of 854,000 in 2016. At that time, we were the 16th largest city in the United States. However, we are also today the fastest growing large city in America. Over the past 20 years, Fort Worth has grown by approximately 50 percent, and in the coming years we may move into the top 10 largest cities in the country.
Though all of this is certainly good news for business owners in Fort Worth, the population explosion has also led to several impending waste management crises. Below we´ll take a look at the looming landfill scarcity crisis that may come to affect our city in the coming years. We then explain why hiring Junk King of Fort Worth for all your junk removal needs is one of the most sustainable and environmentally friendly ways to deal with your waste streams.
The Coming Landfill Scarcity Crisis in Fort Worth
According to the City of Fort Worth, residents, homeowners, and businesses across the city generate approximately 784,008 tons of municipal solid waste annually. The vast majority of that 2,562 tons of trash per day are being sent directly to Fort Worth’s Southeast Landfill. This landfill, which is located on Salt Road off Interstate 20, was originally expected to service the Fort Worth and surrounding communities for at least the next five decades. However, our growing population, increased consumer spending, and a relatively paltry recycling rate have forced city planners to change their assessment. Today, with the available landfill space decreasing at a faster rate than desired, most experts believe that the landfill will only last half that time.
Robert Smouse, the Assistant Director of Code Compliance for the City of Fort Worth, recently shared that an estimated 240,000 20-pound bags of trash arrive at the landfill on a daily basis. At the same time, only about 24 percent of the city had diverted waste from the Southeast Landfill by opting to utilize recycling. Fort Worth´s residential diversion rate, defined as the amount of waste that is recycled as opposed to put into the garbage, stands at about 21 percent. This is significantly lower than other major metropolitan areas across the country.
With major challenges to the recycling industry expected in coming years, and no apparent end to Fort Worth´s fast population growth, the area´s main landfill may even fill up faster than what many experts expect. When this occurs, the City will be forced to spend even more resources on transporting increasing amounts of trash further distances to distant landfills. In the worst case scenario, residents and business owners may even experience delays and suspensions in regular trash removal service.
How Junk King of Fort Worth Can Help with All of your Junk Hauling Needs
So what exactly can be done to ensure that large amounts of our trash and junk items are not simply send to the quickly-filling-up landfill just outside our city? Might there be a way to dispose of our waste in and simple and efficient, yet also environmentally friendly manner?
Enter Junk King of Fort Worth. For several years now, we have been the region´s top-rated junk hauling company, and for good reason! Besides offering the most affordable prices, the absolute best customer service, and the most efficient junk removal service, we are also one of the few junk haulers that has an environmental ethic at the foundation of our business practice.
Our junk removal teams take the extra time to sort through the junk items that we pick up. If the items are in decent shape, we make sure to send those items to thrift stores, donation centers, charities, and others who can help to get used furniture, appliances, and other household items into the hands of people who need them in our community. If the items are simply beyond repair, we also sort through them to ensure that every recyclable item is recycled. We put an extra emphasis on recycling all types of electronic waste (e-waste), to ensure that these potentially toxic waste elements do not contaminate our local environment.
Today, we are proud to say that up to 60 percent of the junk items we pick up either get recycled, donated, or otherwise repurposed. That percentage is almost three times higher than the City´s current waste diversion rate!
Junk King of Fort Worth offers its services to both residential and commercial services throughout the city. We are proud to provide the region’s top-rated, most efficient, and most environmentally friendly junk removal services to the Fort Worth area, including the communities of Alvarado, Arlington, Azle, Bedford, Cleburne, Colleyville, Coppell, Euless, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Hurst, Keller, North Richland Hills, and Weatherford.
The size of the job doesn’t matter to our junk removal professional. For jobs big and small, Junk King of Fort Worth takes it all! Examples of some the junk we can help you haul away include:
- Furniture Removal
- Television Disposal & Recycling
- Yard Waste Removal
- Foreclosure Clean Outs
- Appliance Removal
- Hot Tub Disposal
- E-Waste Disposal
- Trash Removal
- Mattress Disposal
- Refrigerator Disposal & Recycling
- Construction Waste Removal
- Garbage Removal
As long as your junk is not classified as hazardous waste, we can help you get rid of those items to free up space in your home. We also offer self-service junk removal through our MINI dumpster rentals. These dumpster are ideal for DIY projects, and are a great asset when decluttering during a move or other life transition.
How to Contact Junk King of Fort Worth?
Providing our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing is one of the hallmarks of our company and we even offer your four different ways to get a free estimate:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your junk on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at l 888-888-JUNK or at (706) 705-5320. Our customer service representatives can help you plan the logistics for any large-scale junk removal.
- Text us a Photo: For smaller jobs, you can simply take a photo of your items, text us at 737-888-5865, and we will text you back an estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King of Fort Worth also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in the right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk!