Imagine the following scenario: At the last minute, you were tasked with hosting the family reunion at your home because Uncle Harold canceled unexpectedly. In the span of a couple weeks, you had to order new outdoor furniture to accommodate your guests, do some renovations to your backyard patio and guest bathroom, and hire a party organizer to create a suitable ambiance for the occasion. After a successful and nostalgia-filled reunion, you´re left with a small mountain of junk items from the renovations and the party that you urgently want to be taken as far away from your home as possible.
Though you could haul all that junk out to the curb, you don’t want to risk throwing out your back, and you´re not even sure if your regular garbage pickup service would accept all of the junk. After a quick Google search for private junk haulers in the Los Angeles region, you come across two names: Junk King and College Hunks. Both companies promise the most efficient and affordable junk removal services, and you may have even seen their trucks driving through your neighborhood. So how exactly do you know which company is best for you? In this short article, we offer an in-depth comparison between Junk King and College Hunks, identifying the pros and cons of each company so you can decide how to get rid of the junk that may be piling up around your home or business.
Pros and Cons of College Hunks in Los Angeles
Since 2004, the College Hunks Hauling Junk Company has been one of the fastest-growing junk removal companies across North America. In the almost two decades since its founding, it has now moved into more than 100 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Besides hauling junk, the company also specializes in helping people move their belongings during a change of residence. In Los Angeles, the company services most communities throughout the greater Los Angeles region.
Pros of College Hunks Hauling Junk
- The company claims to offer upfront pricing for all of the junk hauling services they offer. However, their pricing general depends on a variety of different elements, including the volume of the junk that needs to be hauled away, the type of junk, the distance that they have to drive, etc.
- The company also claims to have a fairly decent recycling and donation rate.
Cons of College Hunks Hauling Junk
- The rates for their junk removal services depends on location, volume, and the type of item you need hauling away. This can lead to a higher price tag than what you originally wanted to pay. According to their website: “Our rates are location based to adjust for varying fair wage labor and trash disposal costs. Some items have additional landfill disposal fees or disassembly fees.”
- Furthermore, according to a review of the company published by Forbes Magazine: “College Hunks does not publish its cancellation and refund policies on the company website, so make sure to find out the franchise’s policies before you book a reservation.”
- Some recent customer reviews of College Hunks Hauling Junk criticized the company for charging higher junk removal costs than the original quote. For example, the company´s website does mention that “some items have additional landfill disposal fees or disassembly fees.” To get a fair and upfront quote, you may have to specifically mention every type of junk item you need removed to avoid being charged later.
The Advantages that Come with Junk King of Los Angeles
Junk King of Los Angeles offers the best way to help individuals, homeowners, and businesses in Los Angeles get rid of all their different junk items in an efficient, affordable, and environmentally friendly manner. Unlike other junk removal companies out there, we have almost no restrictions on the type of items they we can pick up and haul away. Also, here at Junk King, we have larger trucks by volume than most of our competitors, and this allows us to haul away larger items for a smaller cost. Unlike College Hunks, you only pay for the amount of space that you use in our trucks, which is another reason why Junk King is the most affordable (and easiest) junk removal company in the Los Angeles area.
Examples of some of the junk items that we can help haul away include:
- Furniture Removal
- Television Disposal & Recycling
- Yard Waste Removal
- Foreclosure Clean Outs
- Appliance Removal
- Hot Tub Disposal
- E-Waste Disposal
- Trash Removal
- Mattress Disposal
- Refrigerator Disposal & Recycling
- Construction Waste Removal
- Garbage Removal
- And more!
Furthermore, when you hire Junk King of Los Angeles for your junk removal needs, our professional junk haulers will do all of the heavy lifting and hauling. We are also proud to provide both our residential and commercial clients with “fair and transparent” pricing. We don’t believe in surprising our clients with hidden costs and fees at the last minute. When you are thinking of hiring Junk King for your junk removal needs in Los Angeles, we offer you four different ways to get a free estimate, including free, on-site pricing, text estimates, phone estimates, and online estimates.
Another great thing about using pros like Junk King as opposed to other companies is that you can depend on us to treat your home or business with utmost respect. As the leading junk removal service in the region, the Junk King Los Angeles team will be licensed and insured, which could make a huge difference in case something should go awry like a scuffed up hardwood floor or damage to a wall. Whereas other junk removal services might leave you to deal with any mess and damage that occurs, our trained professionals will most likely not cause any damage in the first place. If something were to occur, however, we most certainly will respond.
How to Contact Junk King of Los Angeles and Get a Quote for any Junk Removal Need?
One of the greatest aspects about working with Junk King of Los Angeles is that we make it incredibly easy for our customers to get a fair and transparent price estimate. We are also committed to working around your availability so that you don’t have to miss a day of work just so to get rid of that junk left behind after hosting that family reunion. Providing our customers with “fair and transparent” pricing is one of the hallmarks of our company and we offer four convenient ways for homeowners to find out how much their junk removal needs will cost:
- On-Site Pricing Estimate: On-site pricing is the best and most accurate way for us to assess the job and offer you the lowest price. Unlike other companies, our on-site pricing estimates are completely free, and come with no-obligation on your part. Our junk removal professionals will inspect the junk you need hauled away and offer you an upfront price. If a price agreed upon, we will often be able to get rid of your junk on the same day.
- Call to Talk with a Trained Customer Service Representative: If you´d prefer to talk with someone before making a decision, you can call us toll-free at 1-888-888-JUNK or at (706) 705-5320. Our customer service representatives can help you plan the logistics for any large-scale junk removal.
- Text us a Photo: For smaller jobs, you can simply take a photo of your items, text us at 737-888-5865, and we will text you back an estimate. Once you accept the estimate, all you have to do is wait for the Junk King truck to arrive.
- Online pricing estimator: Lastly, Junk King of Los Angeles also offers an easy-to-use online pricing estimator. Simply enter your zip code to ensure that you are in right service area and provide a few more pieces of information regarding the junk you need removed. Our pricing estimator allows you to receive a transparent cost estimate based on either the actual items you need hauled away, or the anticipated volume in the Junk King truck you plan on taking up. The online pricing estimator is convenient, reliable, and time saving for those on a tight schedule.
No matter what option you choose, as soon as a price is agreed upon, you choose a date and two-hour service window that works for your schedule. Our junk removal professionals will call you 15-30 minutes before we show up to promptly take your junk in order to free up space in your new home!