The tough labor of junk removal brings a variety of health risks. An amateur can easily slice a finger, pinch a nerve, or throw out a back muscle. When dust, mold, and germs are involved, junk removal can also bring a high risk of serious illness or disease.
Junk removal professionals can safely handle garbage and debris so you don’t have to put yourself, your family, or your friends at risk. Be especially careful about clearing out trash from areas that may have trapped germs waiting to be kicked up:
- Non-air conditioned rooms where moisture may have accumulated
- Attic, garage, and storage rooms
- Anywhere that pets or rodents may have urinated or defecated
- Carpeted kitchens and bathrooms
- Rental properties or storage units — you don’t know what others have left behind!
Can you really get sick from junk removal?
Anybody runs a risk of mild to severe illness if exposed to mold, germs, and other pathogens when clearing out old junk. If you have asthma or allergy problems, you are especially in danger. But even a perfectly healthy person can catch a disease from attempting junk removal.
Toxic mold exposure can lead to lung infections, skin infections, and other problems. You might get sick with cold-like symptoms for a few days — or you might end up in the emergency room.
In other cases, viruses and bacteria may be lingering under piles of garbage, under carpeting, in old cardboard boxes, or otherwise out of sight. When the junk removal process begins, these microorganisms may be activated and spread throughout the air.
Expert junk removal can prevent illness
Protect yourself and your loved ones — let a junk removal expert take care of things!
When you have a room, attic, or entire building to clear out, here’s what you should know:
- Don’t attempt to move mysterious piles of debris. Watch out for items in places where moisture might collect. Soggy, buckled cardboard storage boxes may have mold on the bottom, for example.
- Wear safety gloves and air filtration masks when cleaning or organizing areas that may contain mildew or germs.
- Open windows and ventilate rooms when doing your spring cleaning.
- Better safe than sorry! You can schedule an appointment with Junk King and all you have to do is point to the junk you want hauled away.
Save yourself the risk! Avoid allergic reactions, serious diseases, and expensive hospital visits. When you need junk removal that involves clearing out storage spaces and other areas where germs collect, let the experts at Junk King handle the mess with all the right tools and techniques to get the job done safely.