At Junk King, we’re ready to help you recycle your old appliance in a safe and responsible manner, but how do you know when it’s time to get rid of your appliance? The right time for appliance recycling depends on many different factors that are different for each type of appliance. Whether your appliance needs frequent repairs or you’re just ready for the latest and greatest model, we’ll save you time and energy by doing all the heavy lifting and transport. Here are some of the appliances that we recycle at Junk King Sonoma:
- Air Conditioners – Old, inefficient air conditioners can waste a lot of electricity, so you may want to replace yours if it’s more than 20 years old. We can either help you donate your AC unit or make sure the parts, including the compressor, condenser coils, and electronic components, get reused or recycled for their raw materials.
- Dishwashers – Dishes that don’t get clean, leaking, and loud noises are just some of the signs that it might be time to recycle your dishwasher. If you just want to upgrade your existing dishwasher for a newer and fancier model, we can help you donate the old one to someone that needs it.
- Refrigeration Units – Both refrigerators and freezers may be ready to recycle if they are no longer able to hold the right temperature in an efficient manner. Many of the parts and materials may be appropriate for reuse, and we’ll dispose of the waste material, including any ozone-depleting substances, appropriately.
- Lawnmowers – Some high-quality mowers are designed to last a lifetime, but others only last a few years or a decade. If your lawnmower doesn’t cut the way it used to or is no longer reliable, we’ll recycle it for you.
- Stoves and Ovens – The most common reason our customers want to recycle their stoves and ovens is for a kitchen remodeling project. In many cases, we can help your stove and oven find a new home so that you can make an upgrade. We know these are very bulky and heavy appliances, and we can do the hard work for you.
- Microwaves – Non-working microwaves are considered electronic waste which we can take care of for you. If you’re replacing a working unit, we’ll take your microwave and donate to someone who needs it.
- Water Heaters – Whether your water heater can no longer keep up with the demands of your growing family or has stopped working altogether, it may be time for appliance recycling. These units can be big and bulky and unsuitable for the dumpster, but we can take it.
- Washing Machines and Dryers – Large advancements have been made in the efficiency of washers and dryers, so you may want to recycle your old units even if they still work. We can also help you recycle your washer or dryer if it’s leaking, noisy, constantly in need of repairs, or completely broken.
Quick and Easy Appliance Recycling
Appliances are heavy and cumbersome, so many homeowners procrastinate when it comes to disposal or recycling. This can cost you a lot of money and even be hazardous to your home and the environment. There’s no need to risk your safety or spend extra time guessing the best way to conduct appliance recycling when we’re ready to do the job at an affordable price. At Junk King, we have professionals in Sonoma ready to handle the job. Schedule an appointment with Junk King for all your appliance recycling needs.