Let’s talk e-waste factoids. The Environmental Protection Agency put out a report in 2007 (the last time they did this) entitled “Management of Select Electronic Products in the United States.” According to the findings, there were 2.25 million tons of “televisions, cell phones and computer products” that were tossed on the scrap heap that year. Of that amount only 18% were actually recycled leaving a whopping 82% dumped into landfills. A vast majority of those e-waste items could end up leaking cadmium, lead and nickel into the top soil and water supply if they are left to rot in a landfill. That’s not a good thing.
The report also found that even though only 2% of municipal waste can be considered e-waste it is also a category that is growing twice as fast as any type of garbage. You can see why when you match that stat up with the one from the Consumer Electronics Association. According to those number crunchers there are at least 24 electronic products in every household. How many plug in products are operating in your home?
Here in Tennessee there are around 175 collection sites available for residents to drop off their e-waste. The trick is finding those places that are close to you and actually getting your stuff to the drop off center. That’s a lot to fuss with especially if you have a busy schedule. Is there a better way? As it turns out there is and that would be hiring Junk King Chattanooga.
The Chattanooga branch of Junk King joins in with other branches from all across the country to provided professional junk removal services to homeowners, apartment renters and businesses. You don’t have to track down those 175 collection sites because Junk King Chattanooga will do it for you. In fact, once your e-waste is piled onto the Junk King truck you’ll never have to think about it again but you can be assured that junk is being properly disposed of.
While you’re tossing out your old TV or computer with Junk King you might as well let them toss out the rest of your unwanted stuff. This would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of any old furniture, a lumpy mattress, trash in your garage or anything else you’re holding onto because it’s just too big to throw out. With Junk King you don’t have to do any of the heavy lifting. You also don’t have to worry about hidden costs or extra fees. That’s because you’re only going to be charge for the amount of space your junk takes up on the back of their truck. Simple, direct and to the point: that’s the Junk King promise when it comes to removing your clutter!