We’ve all been told for most of our lives how important it is for a good night’s rest. In fact, there have been many studies conducted in the area of sleep research to understand just what happens when we drift off and why it is so important. The following is list of the top benefits we get from a decent sleep:
– Improve Your Memory: If you think of your brain as a constantly working computer then you can appreciate the need for that computer to shut down for rest. Even your actually computer has a “sleep mode.” While we sleep, our brain is able to defrag all the items we took in during the day. By sorting these memories, the brain is able to store them in the right places which allow you to recall them when needed.
– Live Longer: This is where the issue of proper balance comes into play. Too much sleep or not enough sleep can have a direct impact on our lifespan. A recent found that women who ranged in age between 50 to 79 had more death occur when they slept less than five hours a night. The recommended daily dose of sleep is a good 7 to 8 hours.
– Reduce Your Inflammation: Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis and premature aging: What do these conditions all have in common? Inflammation. Studies have found that people who sleep six hours or less a night have higher blood levels of proteins which cause inflammation. Connect the dots: less sleep equals more inflammation equals more health risk.
– Get Inspired: If you’re planning a bout of creativity you might want to get some sleep the night before. Just as your brain is sorting through those memories during sleep it is also restructuring them. This is the very root of creativity whether you are writing, painting or even giving a presentation where you need to “adjust to the room.” With sleep, your brain will be fresh and open to letting those creative juices flow.
– Help Your Focus: The simple fact that a lack of proper sleep leads to lousy grades and lack of focus has been proven many time through sleep studies. In fact, a lack of sleep can trigger symptoms that are normally associated with a person who is suffering from attention deficit disorder.
If all of this makes you concerned about the quality of your sleep it should! A lot of the problems people have with sleep can actually be attributed to what they are sleeping on. In other words, how old is your mattress? If you’ve been sleeping on the same cushioning for the past five years it’s probably time for an upgrade.
It might seem like a hassle to get rid of an old mattress but actually all it takes is one phone call to a Chattanooga mattress disposal company like Junk King
. Professional junk haulers like Junk King can show up at the scheduled hour and get rid of your old lumpy mattress and make room for your new sleep oasis. Don’t waste another night!